• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Well that's weird. Almost a full year after requesting a beta key for Snow I finally got one this morning in my inbox. I barely even remembered what the game was.

Ozium

what's the big deal with gwent? looks like magic: the gathering ripoff

and magic is for nerds

pazaak on the other hand is a real man's game.

Don't worry, i will make sure to play it sometime within the next 5 years.

HA3njgG.png
Damn it all!

JC 3 is a sale pick up for me. I enjoyed the 2nd one as a "I want to blow shit up" type of game, but not something I'd be willing to pick up full price.

Interested in Dogma after all the hype here. Haven't experienced it yet.
Yeah I was really interested in JC3 a few months ago but thinking about it. JC2 was fun but it was I don't know too big. I am already not the biggest fan of Open World games, JC2 was already an outlier (if it isn't GTA anyway). There was also too many tiny objectives I am only at 40% even to this day.

Ozium

Who even cares about this Digital Homicide stuff?
Outside of Jim Sterling that is.

I'm legitimately curious.

honestly I'm curious too. he stays on their dick. They make shitty games, we get it. I think he just keeps beating a dead horse cause it brings in them views

I think that is the problem with Jim. He wants to (rightfully) shame those guys and others, but is so active with it, that it eventually just becomes white noise since it is more of the same, and we already know to be aware

Digital Homicide make great entertainment there should be no shaming of them. If people think their games are shit then don't buy em, but you will anyways because when they are 9 cents and you can make 12 cents selling cards you will do it.

Jim Sterling is a bully. He was probably bullied as a child and is now taking it out on people who have achieved success he can only dream about; he became the bully himself. He should remove himself from the internet and remove anything that reminds the world of his existence. Digital Suicide.

Chariot

Magic beats everything just for the benefit of having decent novels. Loved the Kamigawa Trilogy.
You could actually. Honestly since there is no slots like Yugioh/Duel Monsters it would be easier :v
Have played magic? One token multiplicator deck and you need like a whole motorcycle gang to hold all your tokens.

I'm really interested in Paradox's Grand Strategy Collection. I recently got EU3: Complete and have been enjoying that a lot. I know what to expect from EU4, but how are Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, and Hearts of Iron 3?

Digital Homicide make great entertainment there should be no shaming of them. If people think their games are shit then don't buy em, but you will anyways because when they are 9 cents and you can make 12 cents selling cards you will do it.

Jim Sterling is a bully. He was probably bullied as a child and is now taking it out on people who have achieved success he can only dream about; he became the bully himself. He should remove himself from the internet and remove anything that reminds the world of his existence. Digital Suicide.
Digital homicide best dev of the year confirmed

Chariot

I'm really interested in Paradox's Grand Strategy Collection. I recently got EU3: Complete and have been enjoying that a lot. I know what to expect from EU4, but how are Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, and Hearts of Iron 3?
EU4, CK2 and HoI are significant different from each other. Especially HoI is completely different then the others. To this day I didn't manage to get into HoI, but I played a bit of EU4 and CK2, both very fun. Give it a shot.

Magic beats everything just for the benefit of having decent novels. Loved the Kamigawa Trilogy.
Have played magic? One token multiplicator deck and you need like a whole motorcycle gang to hold all your tokens.

I have played Magic since probably 2000. Seven was making a joke about Yugioh 5Ds. We are assuming that stuff like tokens would be auto generated by computers.

You wouldn't have to hold tokens.

Dsyndrome

I played Magic and it's expansion Spells of the Ancients back in the 90's on PC and now miss not playing it. Curious if my old discs still work.

Chariot

I have played Magic since probably 2000. Seven was making a joke about yugioh 5Ds. We are assuming that stuff like tokens would be auto generated by computers.
What about green decks that just throw critters over critters at you? Duelmasters couldn't even handle the amount of cards out in the field in a usual Magic game.

What about green decks that just throw critters over critters at you? Duelmasters couldn't even handle the amount of cards out in the field in a usual Magic game.

I thought we were talking about how you could play MTG on a bike the same way Yugioh does.

What does Duel Masters, a completely different game but very similar to Magic because it's made by Wizards as well, have to do with this?

Anyway

Enough about card games. I need to go snipe people in Sniper Elite 3.

Chariot

I thought we were talking about how you could play MTG on a bike the same way Yugioh does.

What does Duel Masters, a completely different game but very similar to Magic because it's made by Wizards as well, have to do with this?
Duel Monsters, I meant Duel Monsters.

Khronico

CK2, Vicky 2, and HoI are all very different beasts.

If you like murder, intrigue, backstabbing, bloodline disputes, and tons of family politics, get CK2.

If you like super detailed country management, even MORE politics, and jockeying for world power status, get Vicky 2.

If you want a highly complex wargame set in WW2 with incredible attention to detail and a mountainous learning curve, get HoI.

Momentary

Banned
If you win Vanguard Princess I'll message you the DLC when I get back. If you wins Super Galaxy Squadron, check out the far superior EX version using "tunnelsnakesrule" to get into the beta.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rayge:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Diadra Empty -- MB-A7429B8DA358E90C - Taken by Soulflarz. 2 entrants total.
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER -- MB-7954FEEC55872C01 - Taken by GaussTek. 8 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-53B8F0078BE744AC - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-8E827F45E075B914 - Taken by ArjanN. 1 entrants total.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros -- MB-0A9E8ED95D1BF1F6 - Taken by dot. 15 entrants total.
Super Galaxy Squadron -- MB-E7B2622E7B77C601 - Taken by pantsattack. 5 entrants total.

t1443825395z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Break Into Zatwor -- MB-310EB693FEF9AFD1 - Taken by gurm3n

zkylon

zkylewd
i quite like mercenary kings

it's not like a groundbreaking game or anything but it's gorgeous and has enough twitch gameplay that it doesn't feel like just a grind like boredlands or something

i'm not a fan of metal slug so to me its monster huntery rpg style is much more enjoyable

Tizoc

Don't worry, i will make sure to play it sometime within the next 5 years.

HA3njgG.png

I'd advise against that please; look up the game's OT, this is one of the deepest fighting games out there, so if you're willing to put the investment into the game, enter the giveaway, otherwise leave it so others who are interested in it can have a chance at winning it.

No joke, this game is so deep, I didn't buy it for myself.

Fallout 4 in November, Just Cause 3 in December, Dragon's Dogma in January, XCom 2 and Deus Ex in February and maybe Doom if the beta is good

damn son

Plus Trails SC (and Cold Steel and Yakuza 5 on PS3) for me.
Not really interested in Doom.
I'm really going to have to pick my battles here. I hope I at least have the money to support these 3 releases on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom