• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we still care about Konami? Just to suffer? Every night, I think about Silent Hill.. and ZOE.. and Castlevania. The games we've lost, the developers we've lost, they won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still here.

You feel it too, don't you?

Uzzy: A visionary robbed of his games

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Fun isn't it?

More fun than it should be, and now makes me want to hunt down and find more accessories. XD; I love how they just let you do whatever. Put hats on your knees, super -size or minuscule them, whatever! Color them if you want.

Not a screen by me, but amused by this one too:

75273641256006FB35471AC50C1C1D0921EEF446

What was that recent pc portthat had wacky mouse controls? Something like the mouse controlling the left stick then holding shift makes the mouse the right stick.

Wow, I figured duct tape mod would be considered required I've heard that the graphics can be better in the old version with the right mods?

The only reason I dont like the flashlight mod is because *I think* much of the game is designed around the monotony of switching from gun to flashlight. Doom 3 seems a lot like a survival horror game first, shooter second as weird as it sounds.With a flashlight thats always on, it becomes a kinda boring corridor shooter.

Idk I could be totally wrong about all this. My last playthrough of BFG with the flashlight implementation took away much of the magic of the game for me

As for graphic mods, I know absolutely nothing about dat. I just played vanilla when it first came out and picked up BFG edition around last year for PS3

Deitus

Looks like my quicksave in Tales of Zesty got corrupted. Every time I load it, the game freezes a second after loading the game, and I have to force kill the program. Luckily I had another save only a few minutes prior, so it's not a huge loss.

Guess I'm going to need to be more diligent about maintaining multiple saves.

Teeth

What was that recent pc portthat had wacky mouse controls? Something like the mouse controlling the left stick then holding shift makes the mouse the right stick.

This was Final Fantasy Type 0.

From our very own Durante:
It's much worse. Normal "joystick emulation" sucks because it translates relative mouse movement to joystick positions, which is far less accurate than mouse position.

This game translates the screen position of your mouse cursor to joystick positions. Yes, you read that right. No, I couldn't believe it either.

It's like if you describe the abstract concept of game controllers to an alien who has never seen a game, then describe a mouse and ask them how to replicate the state of the first with the second.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, turns out lost planet 3 had set itself to hard difficulty, which is why i was having such a rough time with it. lowered it to normal (from the main menu cos you can't do it from the options you see during gameplay) and it's much easier now, but probably more suited to what i want, since i was really starting to think about grinding those sidequests for a bit since the game was causing me so much trouble

this game is so weird, there's this great metroidvania thing that coupled with the ridiculously huge mech that i feel could lead to something super awesome but unfortunately it's so janky and half baked that's just... eh...

it's funny how silly the game is in some things, like being able to listen to your own country trucker music while on the mech so you have something to do while traveling places. problem is, every location is a separate area that you have to go through a loading screen in which the music is paused which kind of completely breaks that functionality. and then there are lots of times in which the game just plays its own dramatic music and refuses to let you play your own music. it's not even during story stuff, just some areas are radio-free or something

it's so weird

More fun than it should be, and now makes me want to hunt down and find more accessories. XD; I love how they just let you do whatever. Put hats on your knees, super -size or minuscule them, whatever! Color them if you want.

Not a screen by me, but amused by this one too:

75273641256006FB35471AC50C1C1D0921EEF446

jshackles aproves.

aw350

Banned
Good: bought Worms Collection since it was on a discount (still is, although time is running out rapidly) and since I heard so much about various Worms games.

Not sure how good: since Worms Collection includes everything down to the original Worms, which appeared in 1995, and since it is for some reason important for me to play everything in order, it looks like I'll have to start with that, the game from 1995. Ah, well, life is nothing without an adventure.

:)

Hektor

Well... there's no Sazh... and there's no Vanille.
So even without Fang... it's got to be an increase in quality.

You accidently make it sound like you think Sazh is one of the worst characters in FF13.

wow thats bad. i thought people swore ff13-2 is better tho. i can't enjoy a game that has a bunch of cutscenes of dick head characters saying dick head shit.

After i ended up disappointed with XIII, i bought the CE from XIII-2 because all the reviews said that its so much better and does all the things right that XIII did wrong.
Im still mad and i hate myself.

Nice.

Milamber

Best part about Autumn sales is that they are mostly about horror titles. And I never buy horror titles unless it's some bundle or given to me.

More money for Winter sale.

aw350

Banned
A spare plus, well, GabeN.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (aw350, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

QUBE: Director's Cut -- MB-9E0B0FDB5591CABF - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
GabeN: The Final Decision -- MB-B31EF40DBD28F424 - Taken by Milamber. 5 entrants total.

t1445496693z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
True.

Aye he does. Dude can't keep himself from posting in threads about black people and not backing down a bit from his ... interesting opinion about people of colour. And when people call him out on his knockout thread he doubles down. I'm afraid he'll gone again soon.

Maybe he deserves the ban if he can't cool it down and be respectful since it seems he might be offending some people with his "interesting opinions".

Xanathus

Best part about Autumn sales is that they are mostly about horror titles. And I never buy horror titles unless it's some bundle or given to me.

Well hopefully at least Dying Light goes on sale, it's so disappointing seeing the Dead Island games go on sale but not that one.

Tizoc

Err I do think the Autumn Sale is for just about EVERYTHING.
Sometimes Autumn sale has games cheaper than during the Winter Seal.

aw350

Banned
Anyone played those hacking-type games like Uplink or Hacknet? How are they like - is there usually a tutorial or does one have to figure it out based on, I don't know, real-life computer knowledge with just a few hints?

Sini

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-952BE2F7EAF6BBCE - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-6E93D76382B1FE0D - Taken by morningbus. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-6ED4C37EA158620C - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony -- MB-4EA19368A9F390AE - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-DB8AF50903E88D38 - Taken by Pafnucy. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
LOST PLANET 3 -- MB-1892C558487F8B0C - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 1 entrants total.
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-270DD65FC7E02344 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.

t1445498253z1.png

Dr Dogg

Hahaha well I wake up and check the front page of gaming and see even the AssCreed OT can't get away from having a pop. Fair enough Ubi should be taken to task but it's just drawing a crowd of rubberneckers wanting to see an accident. Half the posts in the OT are either 'not interested in this in the slightest but I'm here to watch the accident' and meta commentary like 'why does this shit happen in every AssCreed thread'. It's got to the point that it's just stifling discussion about this game now. I mean I've got a sense of humour and can take a joke now and then but the ensuing pack of vultures are just getting tired at this point. It's more painful having to wait close to a month before getting my hands on it :(

They actually did, available on 360.

I don't know of of was 1080p or even a good port. Would love to see it on PC obviously.

Well the 360 version sort of scales correctly but is still off. Plus they included fucking texture filtering as an option if you wanted to ruin one of the best looking sprit based games ever.

The Playstion Uno realistaticlly rednered at 320x244 (320x240 for pal regions) before outputing to 640x480 but with art designed around nonsquare pixels used in TV's at the time unlike square pixels which monitors use and pretty much TV's since LCD and Plasma. So if you wanted to maintain a pixel perfect image you'd need to adjust the image to fit the right pixel aspect ratio not to strech the image, then scale that output by a multiple of 2 using nearest (so scale it only by a factor of 2, 4, 8, 16 etc) and then frame the rest of the screen for the diehards who can't dare to see unused space on their display. You're never going to get a a 16:9 image let alone a full pixel hieght one on current displays unless you want to fuck things up to the orders of Final Fantasy V (and that game renders at 640x384 accounting for square pixels so all but 2 native panel resolutions I know of would fuck that up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom