• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
da fuck is going on?!

HvhInhZ.gif

I died at that gif. lol

Speaking of Games Workshop, is Blood Bowl 2 suggested for a newbie? The community hub said yes, but I want the steamGAF opinion too

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sarcasm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race The Sun -- MB-F2DFCE4402E23001 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.

t1445546314z1.png

So anyway Vidya Gaems!

Seeing as spooky season is upon us does anyone have any gaming plans for Halloween? Is there a favourite game you like to play? Are you going to stream yourself on cam screeching like some rich Swedish dude? Any upcoming releases or stuff on the Spooky Sale you going to pick up?

I've got Fatal Frame V on the way but will probably do a Dead Space play though whilst hiding from pesky trick or treaters.
I don't celebrate halloween, so it'll just be another day for me.

Maybe i'll use this as an excuse to start up TWD

Ozium

So anyway Vidya Gaems!

Seeing as spooky season is upon us does anyone have any gaming plans for Halloween? Is there a favourite game you like to play? Are you going to stream yourself on cam screeching like some rich Swedish dude? Any upcoming releases or stuff on the Spooky Sale you going to pick up?

I've got Fatal Frame V on the way but will probably do a Dead Space play though whilst hiding from pesky trick or treaters.

oh thanks for reminding me gonna pop onto the wii u and download fatal frame!

if you guys want a spoopy as hell pc game check out SYLVIO it is creepy as hell.. it deals with EVPs and it's creepy to listen to these recording (you can speed it up, reverse it, slow it down etc. to find messages)

I get legit chills from Sylvio...

Dsyndrome

So anyway Vidya Gaems!

Still trying to beat Black Mirror before the end of the month, it's slow going though. Some of the design characteristics for object interaction turns me off, along with the attitude of the main character; still determined to beat it before Halloween though.

Also starting Fatal Frame tonight, pretty much sounds like the previous games with a different story and using the game pad, so that's fine by me.

Haunted

My solution is to not get into battles. Works rather well so far.
Combat didn't seem super great in the tutorial anyway, it was a veritable festival of misses. Heavy armour doesn't seem like the way to go, it gave me too much of a penalty to accuracy.

That said, I think this is going to be a game I'll have to be in the right mood for. Steeling myself for repeated playthroughs, trying to think of a character beforehand and modelling my choices and behaviour accordingly.

There's a charm to this kind of setup and challenge.

Nzyme32

Look over the last pages. He made a mistake. And then he made it again. Multiple times.

More than once.

Apparently he was being racist+stupid again.

I haven't checked his post history yet.

Yeah. Even before the bans he'd do that randomly throughout the year lol

Something tells me it might not be a mistake. :p

this thing happens to him all the time

kids these days..

Ah, well I noticed stuff happening before. As a brown person, I'll just avoid looking into this in any more detail. Probably not worth it.

Everyone just needs to be calm and respectful to others. There's no reason to be hateful or to focus on the negative things of life.

Well, unless it's your job to do so

Khronico

So anyway Vidya Gaems!

I'm a coward who can't stand playing anything scary so the only thing remotely frightening I'll play this Halloween is probably RE5.

Maybe I should go back and play dead space, last time I did so was in glorious 480p.

Haunted

Is Unity just that unoptimized? Nothing about Heavy Bullets should be taxing and yet the game stutters every time I round a corner.
I've played perfectly optimised Unity games as well as really problematic ones, so I wouldn't pin it on the engine?

I wonder if it being the defacto indie engine has something to do with that "unoptimised" (unpolished?) reputation. I guess it could be the fault of the engine if the 3D rendering pipeline is difficult to work with.

So anyway Vidya Gaems!

I don't particularly celebrate halloween or anything, but the recent Capcom Humble Bundle filled with Resident Evil games should provide some opportunities.

The_Monk

Has my time come to shine for Halloween Game talk?

You should take more about Knock-knock.

I really liked it and even made a small review on Steam as well. One of the things I mentioned that improved my experience was putting the subwoofer on the corner on my wooden desk. Every time I heard a knock on the door it was incredibly realistic and it made things really intense.

Extra Skara codes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Skara The Blade Remains #2 -- MB-337080031BC2A0FB - Taken by dave is ok
Skara The Blade Remains #1 -- MB-D40766BDCA5C709B - Taken by titch

Chariot

Help. What the shit. My mouse stopped working properly. I can move her... very slowly, but I can't click anything. Scrolling works too.

Not wireless. No batteries I think.

Dr Dogg

To be fair Halloween only really got big on the UK over the last 20 years so a bit of it is lost on me. Plus seeing as we're in a different area for this year I don't know how horrible the kids are round here. Saying that the pub is only 200 odd yards away. Granted might come back to an egg covered house but eh it's a price you pay for less hassle.

Has my time come to shine for Halloween Game talk?

When horror games are involved it's always your chance to shine. You got anything interesting lined up or recently released that you played and we've probably not heard of?

Omega

Banned
as to why Shadow removed everyone

basically said he doesn't think anything bad about you guys/girls but he constantly got hate messages in his inbox bc of his OT posts. also said his health issues came back and he wants to make the best of whatever time he has left

he had a way longer message but thats the tldr, im too lazy to type it all.

impact

Banned
I beat dreadout a week or so ago, it's really good in that classic ps2 horror game sense.. kind of janky but it does some cool things... it's like Siren x Fatal Frame

sounds like the best kind of janky

but I can't pay $15 for a game with a 55 on metacritic. when does the sale start?

Yeah, I talked to him a bit.
He said he was treating the ban as permanent... we talked a bit about some stuff and then he said some stuff that I didn't realize meant he was going to clear out his friends list... but it makes sense now that I re-read it.

....Hasn't this happened before?

One of these days... one of these days morningbus is gonna snap and fall into the rabbit-hole of craziness he is dancing around currently.

Wait...I thought he already snapped and that's how we got here?

Ozium

as to why Shadow removed everyone

basically said he doesn't think anything bad about you guys/girls but he constantly got hate messages in his inbox bc of his OT posts. also said his health issues came back and he wants to make the best of whatever time he has left

he had a way longer message but thats the tldr, im too lazy to type it all.

lol everytime he gets banned he has someone post a ban-evading message for him also convenient time for 'health issues' to come back

give me a fucking break

edit: if it's too long maybe you can just link to a google doc lmao

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Arson and Plunder -- MB-E43944DCC52E2551 - Taken by Ozium
Arson and Plunder #2 -- MB-21BAA681011FCEA8 - Taken by nightstorm

lol everytime he gets banned he has someone post a ban-evading message for him also convenient time for 'health issues' to come back

give me a fucking break

It's like clockwork.

Maybe we should use him for a unit of time measurement.

give me a fucking break

if he dies you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

Omega

Banned

give me a fucking break

never said i believe him or not, i just figured i'd post it since he asked me to

i doubt anyone cares, but hey, that's not my job.

give me a fucking break

At least there was no "bye gaf, I'm not posting here" drama this time. I know some people have a penchant for doing that sort of thing around here.

Maniac

Banned
Ah, well I noticed stuff happening before. As a brown person, I'll just avoid looking into this in any more detail. Probably not worth it.

Well, unless it's your job to do so

A brown person?

Like the ones from Jersey Shore with all the self-tanner?

Maybe he was born with it, maybe it's maybeline!

No ragrets <3

The ONE time I go play a videogame you all post juicy drama. Lesson learned

Zestiria is fun but the skill system is doing my head in. I don't think I even need to deal with it at this point but I want to equip everyone optimally and it's not working

EDIT: And there are unions that give level up stat bonuses ahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom