• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else encounter this issue where you are logged in to the Steam client, you can access your profile and friend list but you are not logged in to the store and cannot access your activity feed? Anytime I try to load my activity feed, it cannot verify my log-in information and shunts me to my profile...where I'm logged in.

Normally I would chalk this up to server maintenance but it's been happening for a few days now.

Chariot

thats why you buy Zowie :)
Maybe I will next time.

Luckily I got this. I connected an additional mouse and deactivated the on-mouse profiles for my real mouse in the Logitech Gaming software and it worked perfectly. Wherever the profiles are saved on the mouse seems to broken. But seriously Logitech should make it possible to use the software without mouse.

Logitech you piss of shit, why can't I navigate your mouse configuration and firmware update software without a mouse. Fuuuuck

And yet, even at half operating capacity, you're still more precise than all the console heathens who love controllers.

Oh crap GMG credit really is expiring on nov 24th :(

Guess i'll finally use it all...

Remember your ice-cold benefactor when you do... ;)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lost 5-6 to the unfair bots in rocket league on overtime... FML I want that cheevo lol

Maniac

Banned
Has my time come to shine for Halloween Game talk?

Yes.

Please.

Pretty please?

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll finally get around to playing SOMA through my brothers family sharing for halloween, atleast if i don't forget to.

Also still haven't played DreadOut despite being hyped as hell when I bought it... >_<

Have some games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-94404D989220D05F - Taken by aw350
Talisman: Prologue -- MB-78CEC733C0629EA7 - Taken by texhnolyze

Asgaro

4rC7pvo.gif

A brown person?

Like the ones from Jersey Shore with all the self-tanner?

Maybe he was born with it, maybe it's maybeline!

No ragrets <3

Chariot

And yet, even at half operating capacity, you're still more precise than all the console heathens who love controllers.
Accuracy wasn'T the problem. It was accurate, but incredibly slow and without the ability to click anything, which was the worst. I had to navigate over shortcuts. I am so in luck that I have shortcuts to certain... folders, otherwise I would've been stuck on the desktop.

Just plug in your Ju-C Air and use that to navigate
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Amzin

I tried the beta and it was interesting, only problem I had was the constant slowdown when ordes appeared. I don't have a last gen cpu (i5-2500) but from what I've read even guys with modern ones have problems

The newest piece of my PC is my 2-year-old middle of the road Nvidia card and everything defaulted to high and I didn't have any slowdown. I had tons of issues with Arkham Knight (had to run it at minimum settings basically) so it's just another one of those YMMV things I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
So anyway Vidya Gaems!

Seeing as spooky season is upon us does anyone have any gaming plans for Halloween? Is there a favourite game you like to play? Are you going to stream yourself on cam screeching like some rich Swedish dude? Any upcoming releases or stuff on the Spooky Sale you going to pick up?

I've got Fatal Frame V on the way but will probably do a Dead Space play though whilst hiding from pesky trick or treaters.
lost planet 3 was kind of putting me in a dead space mood so i might just play dead space 2 to finish for the first time

maybe, i don't really like scary games all that much, despite absolutely loving dead space 1

Ah, well I noticed stuff happening before. As a brown person, I'll just avoid looking into this in any more detail. Probably not worth it.
yea i'd advice against it unless u have a good sense of humor about those things

At least there was no "bye gaf, I'm not posting here" drama this time. I know some people have a penchant for doing that sort of thing around here.

I understood that reference.gif

Accuracy wasn'T the problem. It was accurate, but incredibly slow and without the ability to click anything, which was the worst. I had to navigate over shortcuts. I am so in luck that I have shortcuts to certain... folders, otherwise I would've been stuck on the desktop.
You don't have a backup mouse?

I've played perfectly optimised Unity games as well as really problematic ones, so I wouldn't pin it on the engine?

I wonder if it being the defacto indie engine has something to do with that "unoptimised" (unpolished?) reputation. I guess it could be the fault of the engine if the 3D rendering pipeline is difficult to work with.

Durante mentioned that Unity was doing some really weird shit back when we were discussing M&MX performance.

Steam community have found it to be an issue with the audio that's causing all the hitching, which turning it off fixes but the game relies on audio in its design, so. Dev said family stuff came up and he doesn't know what he's doing since it's his first game, and he feels the issue only affects a minority so he's pretty much abandoned this issue at least. Oh well.

Anyone else encounter this issue where you are logged in to the Steam client, you can access your profile and friend list but you are not logged in to the store and cannot access your activity feed? Anytime I try to load my activity feed, it cannot verify my log-in information and shunts me to my profile...where I'm logged in.

Normally I would chalk this up to server maintenance but it's been happening for a few days now.

Yeah, it was happening to me for awhile today. A little bit yesterday.

Edit: And now it's happening again.

Madn

header.jpg

I've finished Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. It's a platformer where you can swap between two characters that have different special jumps. Swapping also changes the world (certain platforms may appear, the enemies behave differently, etc.).
While going through the level you also have to collect gems that unlock the last level of each world, with its boss. There are in total three worlds, even though they don't differ a lot between them. New mechanics are added while you progress with the game.
The only boss I didn't enjoy was the last one, partly because his animations were too long, making the fight last longer than it should have

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

I've finished Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. It's a platformer where you can swap between two characters that have different special jumps. Swapping also changes the world (certain platforms may appear, the enemies behave differently, etc.).
While going through the level you also have to collect gems that unlock the last level of each world, with its boss. There are in total three worlds, even though they don't differ a lot between them. New mechanics are added while you progress with the game.
The only boss I didn't enjoy was the last one, partly because his animations were too long, making the fight last longer than it should have

I still have this sitting in my maybe pile. Have been meaning to try it for awhile. Considering I know i got it in a bundle at some point.

This is happening to me now. I'm on the store and the client itself seems to see me as logged in, but the discovery queue tells me to Sign In, and randomly the store turns into a sign in page.

Help. What the shit. My mouse stopped working properly. I can move her... very slowly, but I can't click anything. Scrolling works too.
Wait.

Hold on!

Y-you refer to your mouse as a "she"? A "she"??
You mean that hasn't happened yet?
Wait...I thought he already snapped and that's how we got here?
True. All those Serious Sam games left much deeper scars than we expected. Was it worth it morningbus?
watched BTTF2 projected on a building in a bar last night

YsInbXH.jpg

we're gonna do a SF5 beta tourney on that same building soon
The nice South-American weather is truly enviable.
Almost like one of those car cinemas.

Hi guys anything in the weekend deals worth picking up?

Was thinking of grabbing the older F1 titles but not sure if they work on windows 10 or have gamepad support (F1 2010,11,12)

And what about F1 Race Stars Good, Bad, Awful?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Hi guys anything in the weekend deals worth picking up?

Was thinking of grabbing the older F1 titles but not sure if they work on windows 10 or have gamepad support (F1 2010,11,12)

And what about F1 Race Stars Good, Bad, Awful?
2011 was the best one.

Don't know about race stars.

Durante

I've played perfectly optimised Unity games as well as really problematic ones, so I wouldn't pin it on the engine?
Have you played any large-scale Unity game without intermittent stuttering? I haven't.

As for whether it's the engine: Unity games are C#. C# is garbage collected. Garbage collection is an inherently unsuitable resource management paradigm for real-time applications. Basically all tips for improving Unity performance reliability boil down to avoiding garbage collection -- which is additional effort and likely makes you end up with more needlessly complex and hard to maintain code than if you had chosen a language in which you have full control over resource lifecycles in the first place (such as C++).

Jaw made some good points in the chat but I am not a fan of forcing people into the sales thread from here by a thread-lock.

Maybe there are better ways to represent this community and thread during big sales and get fresh blood among us.

Jawmuncher

Maybe if this upcoming sale. People are committed to posting in both threads, along with helping people on gaming side. Most of us were pretty guilty of just chilling in here during the sales and making no presence over there. Thus giving no one any reason to come to community.

Granted I just know the first quote is going to be "Have you seen the state of this community" but that's besides the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom