• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
After i ended up disappointed with XIII, i bought the CE from XIII-2 because all the reviews said that its so much better and does all the things right that XIII did wrong.
Im still mad and i hate myself.

so you didn't like 13 and not only did you buy 13-2 but you bought the collector's edition...? thats a pretty dick head thing to do. Its good that you regret your deeds

Asgaro

NKV2x4B.gif

8w0xulV.gif

Uzzy

Finished Murder. It almost took more time to purchase and download it as it did play through the whole thing, so.. yeah. There's barely anything there. As for what's actually there, the advertised fresh ideas are rather lacking. It's barely a peak at what turns out to be a very, very well trodden storyline, that if you've got even a passing interest in cyberpunk or sci fi, you'll have come across a thousand times. It's got nothing unique or interesting to say, and comparing it to the works of Shirow and Stephenson is like comparing Boll to Kubrick, or Dyack to Kojima.

Looks pretty though. So at least it's got that going for it.

New Lara Croft reminds me of a girl I went out with many moons ago, Very polite, innocent and wouldn't say boo to a goose but just one small glass of red wine and she'd want to tear your head off. And the gob on here after that, strewth! Proper Jekyll and Hyde type transformation.

Sounds like one of my former girlfriends. Only without the polite, innocent part.

Dr Dogg

I don't know about you folks but busbot gets my vote for GAF poster of the year. Even if I feel like I'm watching some Tyler Derden, Project Mayhem plot going on.

The soundtrack to LISA is so goddamn good. Im finally getting around to playing the expansion since it came out like two days before I got a hold of MGSV

Ruruja

I don't know about you folks but busbot gets my vote for GAF poster of the year. Even if I feel like I'm watching some Tyler Derden, Project Mayhem plot going on.

He's stopped making the images link though, kinda feels like his heart isn't in it anymore.

Durante

boy oh boy people weren't kidding when they called Age of Decadence hardcore

one of a handful of games that straight up killed me during the tutorial despite my best efforts
My solution is to not get into battles. Works rather well so far.

Zestiria already outside of the top 10. bomba.
It definitely already sold over 70k at full price. That's probably more revenue than 10x the porting cost.

Durante

how have u been liking it so far? i tried playing the demo but the tutorial wasn't fun and i wasn't in the right mood that day
I like it a lot. The setting is really interesting, and I enjoy playing a manipulative character in a world full of manipulative characters, out-manipulating them.

As I said, I've only done one battle in total so far (and in that one, I almost killed the guy before it started).

I think he's removing steamGAF. Just checked and he removed me too, despite not saying anything lol

Yeah, I talked to him a bit.
He said he was treating the ban as permanent... we talked a bit about some stuff and then he said some stuff that I didn't realize meant he was going to clear out his friends list... but it makes sense now that I re-read it.

sup steamfam, just woke up.. anything interesting happen today?

One of your favorite posters was rebanned and isn't coming back apparently. See above.

Nzyme32

Shadownet deleted himself from my friend lst. ;(

looks like Shadow removed me from Steam...

goodbye my friend...

now that you mention it he deleted me as well. what did i miss? or is this another person that deleted me cause I annoy them? :mad:

Same, looks like all ties are being cut.

I think he's removing steamGAF. Just checked and he removed me too, despite not saying anything lol

Am I having deja vu? Hasn't this happened before?

Also what is happening right now? Why did he get banned?

I'm kind of surprised no one else has commented yet. I've only got 2-3 hours in so far but here's my impression:

• It's Left4Dead, in a Warhammer skin. Like, the first 3 levels I've done, it has been almost distractingly similar. I barely played L4D2 at all though so I think I can push past it.
  • The loot system feels a little unrewarding or too random. They have said they're looking into tweaks for it
  • The game itself is harder than L4D, possibly because there's no need to account for player-controlled rats (at the moment anyway) so they can just be more brutal sometimes.
  • The combat is a little simpler than the promo videos make me think it would be, but that could be because I'm not far into it yet
  • The dice/tome/bonus loot mechanic is kind of interesting but also feels almost mandatory because of how hard it is to get good loot in the first place.

If you like L4D and Warhammer, this is definitely a game for you. If you don't like one of those things, do not get it. The base price being $30 and being able to get it much lower (I paid $21 I think with GMG coupon) makes it easier to dive in for sure.

I tried the beta and it was interesting, only problem I had was the constant slowdown when ordes appeared. I don't have a last gen cpu (i5-2500) but from what I've read even guys with modern ones have problems

zkylon

zkylewd
I like it a lot. The setting is really interesting, and I enjoy playing a manipulative character in a world full of manipulative characters, out-manipulating them.

As I said, I've only done one battle in total so far (and in that one, I almost killed the guy before it started).
i c

maybe i'll buy it next month, i've been casually following it for a long while and i always liked the concept for the game, just not sure if i want something that excessively hardcore right now. i do appreciate the game is sort of short, at least for the genre. i really don't want to get into another 100 hour oddyssey

Am I having deja vu? Hasn't this happened before?

Also what is happening right now? Why did he get banned?
this thing happens to him all the time

kids these days..

Dr Dogg

So anyway Vidya Gaems!

Seeing as spooky season is upon us does anyone have any gaming plans for Halloween? Is there a favourite game you like to play? Are you going to stream yourself on cam screeching like some rich Swedish dude? Any upcoming releases or stuff on the Spooky Sale you going to pick up?

I've got Fatal Frame V on the way but will probably do a Dead Space play though whilst hiding from pesky trick or treaters.

The_Monk

Everyone just needs to be calm and respectful to others. There's no reason to be hateful or to focus on the negative things of life.

So anyway Vidya Gaems!

Yes, I went to check the codemasters sale. It seems one of those games is a mobile port and got some hate from the community. Shame, considering having a driving legend's name in the title.

impact

Banned
So anyway Vidya Gaems!

Seeing as spooky season is upon us does anyone have any gaming plans for Halloween? Is there a favourite game you like to play? Are you going to stream yourself on cam screeching like some rich Swedish dude? Any upcoming releases or stuff on the Spooky Sale you going to pick up?

I've got Fatal Frame V on the way but will probably do a Dead Space play though whilst hiding from pesky trick or treaters.

Silent Hill 2 on PCSX2 probably. I wish Konami would put the PC ports on Steam and fix them up a bit, but they're a trashcan of a company so I doubt it'll ever happen.

Sadly not many great survival horror games on Steam. Still waiting on that REmake sale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom