• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read through Shadow's posts.

....Yeah.....

jbRF2wV.png

What the fuck am I looking at?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What comfy chairs to you use to play on your desk? My current one is getting more and more kaputt and i need to search for a replacement.
We're pc gamers, we just can't use anything comfy.
pretty much.

it's like the number one rule of being a pc gamer

Pic of my sweet gaming chair:

session-9-creepy-chair.jpg

Dead Island 2 cancelled

Awww, that's a shame. I wasn't -too- excited for it, but was planning to play it. Zombie silliness can be fun.

Khronico

Humble Games Workshop bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Warhammer 40K Kill Team
  • Talisman Digital Edition
  • Chainsaw Warrior
  • Chainsaw Warrior Lords of the night
TIER 2: 6$
  • Space Hulk Ultimate
  • Dawn of War II Retribution The Last Standalone
  • Warhammer Quest
  • Talisman DLC

They managed to make a games workshop bundle where none of the games interest me. The ONLY one that could've got me to buy this was space hulk but it's the old version which isn't as good as Ascension so why buy it.

How is this even possible.

MUnited83

For you.
While I think Shadow should have just stayed here and not went to off-topic, I think the personal attacks on Shadow was getting really out of hand. In every thread he posts, there's like 5 people attacking him for a thread he made and got punished for months ago. Jesus.
Might be because he was repeating the shit he said in his thread all over recent threads.

Backlogger

While I think Shadow should have just stayed here and not went to off-topic, I think the personal attacks on Shadow was getting really out of hand. In every thread he posts, there's like 5 people attacking him for a thread he made and got punished for months ago. Jesus.

While I agree to some level the dude sort of asks for it. He seems like a decent guy in this thread but outside of this thread he has said and done some pretty odd things IMO.

----

So been away for a couple weeks, really busy with work and had to take a last minute business trip.

Looking at the Capcom bundle. $15 is usually more than I like to spend but I feel like this list of games it might be a good deal. I don't have most of the games and really want to add the Res Evil and Lost Planet 3 games to my library.

What is SteamGAF's take on this bundle?

While I agree to some level the dude sort of asks for it. He seems like a decent guy in this thread but outside of this thread he has said and done some pretty odd things IMO.

----

So been away for a couple weeks, really busy with work and had to take a last minute business trip.

Looking at the Capcom bundle. $15 is usually more than I like to spend but I feel like this list of games it might be a good deal. I don't have most of the games and really want to add the Res Evil and Lost Planet 3 games to my library.

If you don't have most of the games it's a no-brainer.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

One of the best bundles in a while. Street Fighter I won't comment on, but due to the high BTA price right now, if you're interested in RE5 I suggest you get the $15, still a steal, the DLC is one of the best parts of RE5, includes two new story chapters that originally released a year after the game that took RE5's critical reception to heart and made one atmospheric, one action-packed chapter each, and they even have randomization elements and some fun co-op. The Mercenaries mode that comes with them, Mercenaries Reunion, is also the best form of Mercenaries in RE5 in my opinion. and the new costumes are the best in my opinion.

509b51a5c3e402603d9f15a168f62fe2.png

<3 Fairytale Sheva

Jawmuncher

I think something with the Dead Island name will happen in the future. Deep Silver paid a lot for the franchise so I don't see them dropping it entirely. However I guess they figure they need to re-evaluate things after the very odd decisions they made.

Hektor

I think something with the Dead Island name will happen in the future. Deep Silver paid a lot for the franchise so I don't see them dropping it entirely. However I guess they figure they need to re-evaluate things after the very odd decisions they made.

I think its just a matter of time until they'll drop it. They clearly have not the slightest idea what they are doing with the franchise.

Like, the first game tried to be all serious, the second one was supposed to be rather funny, then they made a cellshading character action game, a moba and a movie.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hektor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Talisman: Prologue -- MB-05E9B093BAC12B5A - Taken by Purkake4
Dawn of War II: Retribution The Last Standalone -- MB-5B1A7DF70E2EF649 - Taken by Eila

Why doesn my giveaway have any rules? It was supposed to be a lightningraffle and no thank you. Alas, ill let it stay this way, no need to PM me. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
Same,
but the two endings rendered all my previous choices null, it's ME3 all over again
, don't see myself coming back to it, at least not for a few years.
i mean, yes and no. it's kind of annoying to have to have this discussion in spoilertags, but

basically i think it's time to stop thinking these games in terms of "how much your decisions matter to the ending". like, i don't think expecting alpha protocol levels of reactivity is unreasonable, but i also think it's ok if a game overrides your decisions when it provides a good enough reason. like, your choices were made, being incapable to save kate or feeling like i was gonna get victoria killed affected me in that moment, even if kate is magically alive at the end or whatever it doesn't really mean that i lost what i felt, and since the whole chloe thing is presented in a way that's believable and emotional and works within the rules of the story, i'm ok with forgiving that. you kind of "knew" it could come to this, because it's a time travel story and resets are part of time travel. it just works. i don't disagree that it would be cooler if your choices 'stuck', but it's not like i needed the fallout ending sildes for this game

similarly in the walking dead, even if i don't think that game's very good, some of the overriding makes sense within the context of the game. it's a zombie apocalypse, of course some of the people you think you're saving will end up dead regardless.

in comparison me3 really botched everything about how it presented those overriding choices, the rgb endings were introduced like 5 minutes before you get to make the decision and make no sense when put next to the rest of the series and what it was building up to. and the writing was nonsensical garbage.

so yeah, i know what you mean, but i think it's important to make the distinction of why lis should get away with it and why me3 shouldn't.

anyways, i don't tend to replay games, but i might goof around for the extra screenshots, at least to hang out in that world a little bit more

What comfy chairs to you use to play on your desk? My current one is getting more and more kaputt and i need to search for a replacement.
nothing fancy, just a regular wooden chair that's slowly dying

it's comfortable tho, i never really liked those big ass computer chairs

Dead Island 2 cancelled
that sux, tho after yager stopped being involved i stopped caring

Backlogger

One of the best bundles in a while. Street Fighter I won't comment on, but due to the high BTA price right now, if you're interested in RE5 I suggest you get the $15, still a steal, the DLC is one of the best parts of RE5, includes two new story chapters that originally released a year after the game that took RE5's critical reception to heart and made one atmospheric, one action-packed chapter each, and they even have randomization elements and some fun co-op. The Mercenaries mode that comes with them, Mercenaries Reunion, is also the best form of Mercenaries in RE5 in my opinion. and the new costumes are the best in my opinion.

<3 Fairytale Sheva

Thanks for the recommendation. I usually only go for the top tier if the BTA average price is high. I mean its only 5 more bucks basically for the RE5 DLC and the Street Fighter game. Seemed totally worth it to me but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Amzin

Anyone here have any impressions of Warhammer: End times - Vermintide?

I'm kind of surprised no one else has commented yet. I've only got 2-3 hours in so far but here's my impression:

• It's Left4Dead, in a Warhammer skin. Like, the first 3 levels I've done, it has been almost distractingly similar. I barely played L4D2 at all though so I think I can push past it.
  • The loot system feels a little unrewarding or too random. They have said they're looking into tweaks for it
  • The game itself is harder than L4D, possibly because there's no need to account for player-controlled rats (at the moment anyway) so they can just be more brutal sometimes.
  • The combat is a little simpler than the promo videos make me think it would be, but that could be because I'm not far into it yet
  • The dice/tome/bonus loot mechanic is kind of interesting but also feels almost mandatory because of how hard it is to get good loot in the first place.

If you like L4D and Warhammer, this is definitely a game for you. If you don't like one of those things, do not get it. The base price being $30 and being able to get it much lower (I paid $21 I think with GMG coupon) makes it easier to dive in for sure.

I've had enough abuse from Runestone Keeper, maybe Dungeon of the Endless will be a little more fair to me
at least the random deaths will be beautiful

I'm kind of surprised no one else has commented yet. I've only got 2-3 hours in so far but here's my impression:

• It's Left4Dead, in a Warhammer skin. Like, the first 3 levels I've done, it has been almost distractingly similar. I barely played L4D2 at all though so I think I can push past it.
  • The loot system feels a little unrewarding or too random. They have said they're looking into tweaks for it
  • The game itself is harder than L4D, possibly because there's no need to account for player-controlled rats (at the moment anyway) so they can just be more brutal sometimes.
  • The combat is a little simpler than the promo videos make me think it would be, but that could be because I'm not far into it yet
  • The dice/tome/bonus loot mechanic is kind of interesting but also feels almost mandatory because of how hard it is to get good loot in the first place.

If you like L4D and Warhammer, this is definitely a game for you. If you don't like one of those things, do not get it. The base price being $30 and being able to get it much lower (I paid $21 I think with GMG coupon) makes it easier to dive in for sure.

It's $13 at nuuvem, but you have to use a VPN to checkout.

Haunted

boy oh boy people weren't kidding when they called Age of Decadence hardcore

one of a handful of games that straight up killed me during the tutorial despite my best efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom