• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Really liking Tales of Zesty so far. Hopefully the Steam version of Symphonia fixes the battle subtitles, got really bad during some bosses when they chanted spells

Corpekata

Banned
SC have flaying pigs?

It's a common saying "when pigs fly" like "when hell freezes over."

So basically something is releasing that has a common understanding of people being hesitant to believe it coming. So it would likely need to be something we know is coming from them rather than something new. And we've been expecting a release date announcement for a little while now after the game went into cert on PSP.

I forgot to order thermal paste. Looks like I can switch GPUs tomorrow instead of waiting to perform mobo surgery.

My case is filthy. I should be ashamed but it is mostly my skin so I think I should be proud for being so ubiquitous.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not exactly just the lack of choice that I dislike, I personally am fine with The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands,
the fifth episode of these two moved the plot forward, while they don't have "ending slides", even though your choices weren't showed, the player knows the choices took place and did have a influence to characters in that universe.
What LiS did is
a full reset, I don't like the idea of coming so far for nothing, that's why I didn't even entertain the idea of sacrificing Chloe, but what I got is still depressing as fuck. #baebeforebay
i dunno, like i said, i don't think it's unreasonable to expect that, but i also think it makes sense in the context of the game and the choices themselves were so well presented that i'm ok with it since what i got from the choices was good enough, i don't necessarily need them to carry on in the game.

i had trouble accepting my choices didn't amount to much in the walking dead because they were often extremely unrelatable because you had to quite literally chooses who lives and dies and that's just unpleasant and stressful and there's never really much emotional payoff out of that. it's specially bad when they just went and kill them both anyways.

haven't played the other telltale games, so thanks for spoiling them :>

(was gonna just spoilertag certain parts but fuck it, you're the only one that's gonna read this)

L.O.R.D

It's a common saying "when pigs fly" like "when hell freezes over."

So basically something is releasing that has a common understanding of people being hesitant to believe it coming. So it would likely need to be something we know is coming from them rather than something new.
Oh, here we have similar saying
"It won't happen unless you see the cows is coming here by their horns" or something like this

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Really liking Tales of Zesty so far. Hopefully the Steam version of Symphonia fixes the battle subtitles, got really bad during some bosses when they chanted spells

Reason why I played with English Dub and no subs on. Also on Steam I may want to take pics of cutscenes.

haven't played the other telltale games, so thanks for spoiling them :>

(was gonna just spoilertag certain parts but fuck it, you're the only one that's gonna read this)
Telltale games and choices haha, shouldn't even be a spoiler.

Seriously play Tales from the Borderlands.

zkylon

zkylewd
Telltale games and choices haha, should t even be a spoiler.

Seriously play Tales from the Borderlands.
yeah was just kidding about that, no harm done :p

i've been interested in wolf among us for a while but it never quite hit the price i wanted it to (and twd i got for free heh). tales of boredlands i dunno, i don't really care much for that series, specially when i think about how it's been keeping gearbox from making another brothers in arms game

reply to the rest of my post, damn it!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MakeshiftChef, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rebel Galaxy -- MB-B5FD710E9DB37443 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 46 entrants total.

t1445605594z1.png

L.O.R.D

So, all this time people waiting for second chapter, i think we have to wait to 2020 for Third chapter?

What about cold steel ? is there any connection to the Series?

yeah was just kidding about that, no harm done :p

i've been interested in wolf among us for a while but it never quite hit the price i wanted it to (and twd i got for free heh). tales of boredlands i dunno, i don't really care much for that series, specially when i think about how it's been keeping gearbox from making another brothers in arms game

reply to the rest of my post, damn it!
Later :p

HEY EVERYONE TELL ZKYLON TO PLAY TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So, all this time people waiting for second chapter, i think we have to wait to 2020 for Third chapter?

What about cold steel ? is there any connection to the Series?

Cold Steel doesn't have native PC ports, so it won't happen for a long time if it happens at all. They are connected to Trails FC/SC/TC by some threads brought up in TC, but both series were written to be played in either order without trouble.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.0. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added lowest price and price history information for WinGameStore and GameBillet
  • Added a menu option for logged in users to send their Steam collection info to IsThereAnyDeal.com
  • Fixed a bug that caused tags not to display correctly on wishlist pages
  • Fixed bugs relating to changes Valve made in the badge page layout
  • Updated Greenlight caching to be more efficient
  • Fixed a tag layout issue on the homepage
  • Removed lowest price and price history information for the Desura store
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Firefox users: Mozilla recently announced that they are working on supporting Chrome extensions in a future version of Firefox, and I have continued testing Enhanced Steam with the nightly version of Firefox. I'm happy to report that testing is going well, but the new Firefox build isn't quite ready yet for release. I'll keep you all posted as progress is made.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Nzyme32

It's like the olden days.

I don't play dota so I don't care about that preorder reward. Would rather get a steep discount I can rely on than some maybe tradeable announcer guy with fluctuating value.

What really amuses me, is that I am actually looking forward to reinstalling Fallout 3 next week to complete the after main game dlc expansion, and then install Fallout New Vegas and play that for the first time.

Such is the way of the Steam backlog
and being limited to a 4 year old laptop that was crap in its day, but has somehow kept up to playing all the latest games up to this month

Tenrius

So,trails in the sky is old series
Why there is no fan translation for this games yet?

These things take time and effort and also can't be commerical which usually doesn't mix up well.

In other news, Phantasy Star Generations II fan translation came out today.

Volimar

What really amuses me, is that I am actually looking forward to reinstalling Fallout 3 next week to complete the after main game dlc expansion, and then install Fallout New Vegas and play that for the first time.

Such is the way of the Steam backlog
and being limited to a 4 year old laptop that was crap in its day, but has somehow kept up to playing all the latest games up to this month

I'm playing through New Vegas again. I never got around to much of the DLC. Wonder if I'll get to it before the release.

I hope there will be a hardcore mode with different options. Love the food/water part but ammo weight is a killer.

just bought the 4-pack of Duck Game

I would take this to the bst thread but I saw that there were some people interested in splitting this

have two copies 7.50 USD each paypal. pm me

I still have that issue of there not being an "Add To Cart" (or however it's worded) button on my wishlist with ES...long ago stopped trying to figure out why it won't work right...lol

Merguson

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Merguson:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Merguson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-69F984393E58B3FA - Taken by Bayonetta
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-7438583FC5466C97 - Taken by ExoSoul
Strider -- MB-605AA62BF5029468 - Taken by darkchewie
RE Revelations 2 Episode 1 -- MB-9351DEBC1A5A9806 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Bionic Commando Rearmed -- MB-6F8DB499C333F17A - Taken by fuzzy123
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-B5251DE402995671 - Taken by salazar547

just stuff i already have from the bundle

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How do I not be shit at Secret Ponchos

Really just comes down to learning how to aim everything. The practice mode helps a lot, just to get timing down for each of the characters.
Ah, I see. I think I'll hit up the arcade mode with each character later then.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I do hope more people get into Secret Ponchos. A lot of fun and I get to set people on fire.

How do I not be shit at Secret Ponchos

Really just comes down to learning how to aim everything. The practice mode helps a lot, just to get timing down for each of the characters.

Ok, this is going to sound a little weird -- but if any of you have over $60 in GMG credit that's expiring, maybe you'd be willing to do something like buy SF5 for me and I'd paypal you $45 or so?

Figured it's worth a shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom