• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
I'm having a really shitty day and haven't played anything in like a week, so I need to start a game to get my mind off things. Problem is, I don't know what to start. I wanted to play Divinity: OS, but the Enhanced Edition comes out in 4 days so I probably should just wait for that. Right now, my list is down to

- Any of the STALKER games (started the first a while back, played about 4 hours)
- KOTOR (if I can get it to work properly at 1080p)
- Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
- Wasteland 2
- Pillars of Eternity (if I can find a place selling it cheap)

What do you guys think I should start? I just want something fun but with lots of options that I can just get lost in and distracted by.

y0xQ5ym.png

FTLiWq4.png
This guy is my hero

Amazing.

I still think it's se7en.

lol

I'm having a really shitty day and haven't played anything in like a week, so I need to start a game to get my mind off things. Problem is, I don't know what to start. I wanted to play Divinity: OS, but the Enhanced Edition comes out in 4 days so I probably should just wait for that. Right now, my list is down to

- Any of the STALKER games (started the first a while back, played about 4 hours)
- Wasteland 2

What do you guys think I should start? I just want something fun but with lots of options that I can just get lost in and distracted by.

thats quite the list of long games. Id go with W2 (directors cut is here now) or PoE

Monooboe

- Wasteland 2

I vote for Pillars of Eternity. That game was just what I needed in a similar shitty time.

Buraindo

- Wasteland 2

Pillars of Eternity has all you're asking for. Haven't played Wasteland 2 yet but that seems like a good choice too.

This guy is my hero

You're your own hero?

Analogue: A Hate Story would be a much better buy.

- Wasteland 2

I think KotOR would be the most cathartic if you're in a foul mood. It's something you can just sit down and play, letting yourself get lost in the world without worrying about much else.

They're all very good games, though. (Haven't played a STALKER game yet, but I believe the hype.)

Hinomura

Sheesh, how is one supposed to even move.
The hit area of the player ship is pretty small, it's not the entire ship. So you can manage evading billions bullets without them touching you, even if it seems they're passing through. Obviously you have to choose the right places to move and shoot. :)

Edit: left thumb is almost blooding 'cause of SF5. Yes, I'm one of those freaks that plays with gamepad - and I have two Hori RAP sticks, one is even modded with Sanwa and Seimitsu parts :D

MattyG

Banned
thats quite the list of long games. Id go with W2 (directors cut is here now) or PoE

I vote for Pillars of Eternity. That game was just what I needed in a similar shitty time.

Pillars of Eternity has all you're asking for. Haven't played Wasteland 2 yet but that seems like a good choice too.

I think KotOR would be the most cathartic if you're in a foul mood. It's something you can just sit down and play, letting yourself get lost in the world without worrying about much else.

They're all very good games, though. (Haven't played a STALKER game yet, but I believe the hype.)
Thanks for the feedback. I can't find PoE for relatively cheap anywhere, so I think I'm going to go with Wasteland. If I'm not feeling it though, KOTOR will definitely be my backup (and if I enjoy Wasteland, I'll just play KOTOR after. Gotta do it eventually!)

Grief.exe

- Wasteland 2

I would say go Stalker or Souls considering the alternative titles are similar to Divinity.

Monooboe

Thanks for the feedback. I can't find PoE for relatively cheap anywhere, so I think I'm going to go with Wasteland. If I'm not feeling it though, KOTOR will definitely be my backup (and if I enjoy Wasteland, I'll just play KOTOR after. Gotta do it eventually!)

Pillars of Eternity is quite cheap on Nuuvem. Around 18 euros.

- Wasteland 2

KOTOR, tis the season.

You guys ready for a quick conspiracy post from your dear old friend, The Dear Leader? Well buckle up.

What if the reason Activision is re-releasing that Spider-man game is because of the Marvel/Disney/Sony deal regarding the Spider-man movies? Because we know Disney has been re-releasing a lot of their classic games as well... it's all connected man, I'll piece the final strings together, I just need more time. So in short.
#followthemoney

zkylon

zkylewd

- Wasteland 2

hmm, out of those i'd say stalker is probably the best game, tho i haven't played eternity or enough wasteland 2 to say for sure

i just think stalker is like one of those amazing games that must be experienced and you seem to be in the right mindset for it

i've mostly played the first one too, and it's amazing to go through the first few areas and then just explore

Nice, how do you check for things like this? Do you just look at the steam database main page or what?

I was looking for some information about X-Men Origins: Wolverine for PC and I came across with this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743000 and I found out that some user posted the link to the steam daba base registry for the game.

Well, considering i posted in this thread two years ago, figured i'd update with some news. There have been recent Steam database entires regarding a possible release, for both this and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. I would buy both happily, so i hope this does come to pass.

http://steamdb.info/sub/25533/ (This is the only info i can find so far regarding X-Men Origins: Wolverine.)

But guys.... if I buy Prison Architect (much cheaper) for GoG, how will people see my Steam Achievements?????

Also... Steam Workshop. So probably will wait.

Locust

Doesn't look that X-Men is updated in years, only changes are generic changes done by Valve.
Shattered Dimensions has a similarly dead history though it looks like. The games are already done and working so I guess there's no work to be done with them anyway.

They also put all this non-Steam stuff on CD-action (polish magazine) cover disk this year. Shattered Dimensions was on the May 2015 issue, X-Men Origins: Wolverine in January 2015 and Wolfenstein 09 in June 2015. Kinda interesting really :p

Whats wrong with Halo 1-3? They were pretty good games and unique.

I did not care for the time I spent playing through Halo 3 or Halo Reach. I guess I just do not like the setting/story/controls/guns/enemies/etc.

I always thought the Flood could be kind of cool, but it just never clicked. And I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer either -- by the time I got Halo 3 and started playing around in multiplayer, the "training grounds" were pretty barren. And the few guys that were in there were much more familiar with how to exploit certain weapons to frustrate the hell out of me. What I played of Halo 2's local multi didn't click either.

Was Halo 4 the game where they added ADS? That might make it a little more to my liking, but I definitely was not a fan of the gameplay in Halo 3 or Reach makes me think I wouldn't really care for it in Halo/Halo 2/Halo Reach.

daevv

Hi, quick question for the experts. How many emails do you guys get about someone at foreign IP address trying to get your Steam password reset? Is 1 or 2 a month normal or should I look into better security? Last month it was a IP addy in India, just got one from China today.

Hi, quick question for the experts. How many emails do you guys get about someone at foreign IP address trying to get your Steam password reset? Is 1 or 2 a month normal or should I look into better security? Last month it was a IP addy in India, just got one from China today.

Uh, typically 0. So you should probably look into changing one thing or another in regards to emails/passwords/etc. Enable Steam Guard, etc.

Just make sure you have a unique, strong password and two factor authentication (ie. Steam Guard) on, I wouldn't worry too much as long as your safe about it.

Now I sound like a parent talking to my teenage daughter/son lol.

Jawmuncher

I never get one at all so you should look into that.

never had one. Id look into it if i were you

I did not care for the time I spent playing through Halo 3 or Halo Reach. I guess I just do not like the setting/story/controls/guns/enemies/etc.

I always thought the Flood could be kind of cool, but it just never clicked. And I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer either -- by the time I got Halo 3 and started playing around in multiplayer, the "training grounds" were pretty barren. And the few guys that were in there were much more familiar with how to exploit certain weapons to frustrate the hell out of me. What I played of Halo 2's local multi didn't click either.

Was Halo 4 the game where they added ADS? That might make it a little more to my liking, but I definitely was not a fan of the gameplay in Halo 3 or Reach makes me think I wouldn't really care for it in Halo/Halo 2/Halo Reach.

Yea if you didn't enjoy Halo 3's gameplay then you wouldn't like Halo CE and Halo 2 either. Halo 4 didn't have ads, it was Halo 5 where it started. Do you not enjoy games that don't have ads or is it Halo specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom