• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well, if you have to image quote, it wouldn't be so bad if you at least used the correct theme! :p

aDEe63j.jpg

Is Steam having some sort of problems since this morning?

I'm trying to look at my profile and sometimes I see nothing in my Recent Activity, then it comes back to disappears again later.

Also, a game I played did not register hours I played...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What exactly is the idea with image-quoting posts? There's a quote feature. It's a lott more effective.

It's a ploy eventually leading up to summer 2016, when morningbus will announce the long-awaited sequel to his M&M code fundraiser. The fundraiser's launch will of course coincide with the stealth-release of Serious Sam 4.

Jawmuncher

To be fair, black theme on mobile is worse than white theme.
Get outta here. Black theme on mobile is great. Did you know that darker colors help with battery life on phones? I may or may not be making that up.
Is Steam having some sort of problems since this morning?

I'm trying to look at my profile and sometimes I see nothing in my Recent Activity, then it comes back to disappears again later.

Also, a game I played did not register hours I played...

Yeah it's been acting up all week.
It's a ploy eventually leading up to summer 2016, when morningbus will announce the long-awaited sequel to his M&M code fundraiser. The fundraiser's launch will of course coincide with the stealth-release of Serious Sam 4.

Gonna roll for that first place again and then never watch the streams I worked towards.

I just changed Steam Guard from email to phone. If for some reason, your phone gets stolen or you lost it, how do you login?

thinking.gif

They say something about that when its brought up. It's somewhere in the settings to fix it in case of that.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-256F4206922C6929 - Taken by Eila
eXceed - Gun Bullet Children -- MB-07F4DC91CED36083 - Taken by Saty

Phinor

Vermintide and Dirt Rally are two games I hope will see a lot of DLC/content. With Vermintide more maps obviously but more than that I want new enemies and enemy types. Skaven are a good start but there's a lot more races they can draw from. I don't particularly need a ton of weapons but I have a feeling that's what they are going to concentrate on seeing how people only play the game for the loot, not to actually enjoy playing the game.

Dirt Rally being awesome already, I just want more special stages. A lot more. Currently there's basically only two per country, and variations of those two to inflate the number of stages even if they are all the same (or in reverse). I'm afraid that won't happen though considering they have already visited the locations they plan to implement. A new round trip to Finland/UK/Greece/etc. would cost them quite a bit.

MUnited83

For you.
Adblock same thing of piracy? I won't even reply, just because you can actually turn off Adblock in any site you want (like I did for GAF since it's paid by ads) and it also has an option to grant safe ads turned on by default. The fact is, a lot of ads ARE invasive, they open windows without asking etc, so Adblock is a protection for your PC, more or less, blocking unwanted sites.

The fact is: Youtube is free, Red asks you 10$ each month providing ZERO value. It should actually provide usefull thing you can't obtain in other ways. I mean, why do I need to pay 10$ for a service also available for free when, if I pay 8€, I can use Netflix in example?

Do you want 10$? No problem, just make your service worth 10$. Put in TV serial, movies, PLUS no ads, offline option etc. But don't ask 10$ offering things already available, for free, from literally years, on any platform (pc, tablet, phone). This is just a lazy way to cash on.
You're fucking the content creators of their revenue stream, pure and simple. Unless you're actually helping by donating to patreons or similar , what you're doing is basically piracy. Yes, I also think most ads are annoying and even potentially dangerous, which is why I block them. Having finally a option where I can legitemately dont have ads and still contribute to content creators is a good thing and something that every site should have. " I can already do that with Adblock" is a very crappy argument altogether, since this way you're actually contributing to the channels you like.
. And they are working on exclusive (funded by) content, so there's that.

Jawmuncher

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it fucked the button mapping of my DS4 for Valkyria Chronicles. Does anyone know how I could fixed this?

I'm using DS4Windows.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it fucked the button mapping of my DS4 for Valkyria Chronicles. Does anyone know how I could fixed this?

I'm using DS4Windows.

I'll be nice, even though this is probably covered by the same stuff that's easily searched for dealing with Windows 10 and ds4windows/inputmapper.

Check to make sure your controller is in exclusive mode.
If it's not reporting as exclusive mode, you're getting both dinput and xinput pushed to the game, which is fucking things up. Use one of the various methods to fix the exclusivity problem and then game on.

I'll be nice, even though this is probably covered by the same stuff that's easily searched for dealing with Windows 10 and ds4windows/inputmapper.

Check to make sure your controller is in exclusive mode.
If it's not reporting as exclusive mode, you're getting both dinput and xinput pushed to the game, which is fucking things up. Use one of the various methods to fix the exclusivity problem and then game on.

All right, thanks.

Uzzy

Microsoft explains where the Xbox falls into CEO Satya Nadella's master plan

Ummh, I still can't understand how they play it off like they are doing major things for gaming on win10.

Plus, the Windows 10 update to Xbox One is going to make it easier for games to enable mutiplayer gaming between the PC and console, which has long been a technical challenge for all the major platforms. Microsoft-published titles like "Gigantic" and "Fable Legends" for Windows 10 and Xbox One will be the first to support it.

Uh huh. First to support cross platform play. Right.

The list of Microsoft's promises for PC gaming really should be updated some day. There's been a lot of bullshit uttered since 2013.

gabbo

Uh huh. First to support cross platform play. Right.

The list of Microsoft's promises for PC gaming really should be updated some day. There's been a lot of bullshit uttered since 2013.

2013? You're selling their bullshit short. They've been doing it since at least as far back as Vista

Kaleinc

Banned
You're fucking the content creators of their revenue stream, pure and simple. Unless you're actually helping by donating to patreons or similar , what you're doing is basically piracy. Yes, I also think most ads are annoying and even potentially dangerous, which is why I block them. Having finally a option where I can legitemately dont have ads and still contribute to content creators is a good thing and something that every site should have. " I can already do that with Adblock" is a very crappy argument altogether, since this way you're actually contributing to the channels you like.
. And they are working on exclusive (funded by) content, so there's that.
On pc you can mod games but not use adblock? Content creators did just fine before this swallow a billion ads thing which incidentally happened when google put its dirty hands on youtube.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
someone talk me through the double laserflip in OllieOllie2, it's the only one missing T_T

MUnited83

For you.
On pc you can mod games but not use adblock? Content creators did just fine before this swallow a billion ads thing which incidentally happened when google put its dirty hands on youtube.

Are you you using mods that somehow prevent the only revenue stream the game creators had in mind? Yeah, didn't think so.

Youtube had ads even before it got bought out by Google, and they still lose several millions a year on it. The "before" Youtube wouldn't exist today.

I get adblocking before Youtube Red, but now? They're actually giving you a way of both removing ads and contribute to your favorite content creators. "Why not just use adblock" in response to this service is not a actual valid argument. It's as valid as "why should I buy this movie if I can download it for free anyways?".

Jawmuncher

Still undecided on what system I will buy SFV on. My 660gb would run it just fine and potential for mods and such should be cool. However most of my friends will be on PS4, so id end up having to turn on my PS4 to party chat anyway. Really wish the beta would have let us experiment with that system. Unless cross play is only for random matches, which if that's the case my choice is clear.

I never saw YT as something where there are "content creators" I want to support. I click on random YT links I find every now and then and that's it. If that's not financially viable, then I could live mostly without it. There would still be enough content created for free by people who don't do it "professionally".

If there's content there that's worth money to people they'll find a way to monetize it. Don't try to force your monetization scheme on people who couldn't care less about the actual content there is.

It's a bit like the DRM discussion. You don't get more people to buy your stuff by forcing them to pay, you do that by delievering better value, content and service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom