• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Real talk for a bit, I always wear sport track jacket and pants before I do it. Easy in, easy out.

EDIT: I just 100% 2 territories of Jeet in Mad Max and I'm at 12 hours already. This is gonna take forever.

Lingitiz

The thing that is stopping me is graphics. I know others don't care too much about the looks (or maybe like the decidedly blocky retro ones), and I am quite tolerant to looks as well, but there is some minimum level below which my eyes just scream, and Undertale is below that level.
If it helps, the opening ruins is the ugliest area in the game.

I was turned off by the visuals at first too but it didn't take long to get over it. It's worth looking past because the game is pretty amazing.

So yeah everyone play that game, it's awesome.

redlacs

is there any way to check Vermintide achievements at this beta stage? library shows there are 19 of them but thats literally all the info im able to dig up

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Reposting this for added visibility (Like if anyone actually is in here at this time)

So long time since the last SteamGaf Gamenight and at last I've mustered enough energy to actually post another one!

So here it is... and the games name is
JOHN CENA
, no but seriously it's Killing floor 2, duh.

A fine-ass picture taken directly from steam, pls don't DMCA claim.
header.jpg

So for this to count for some shitty English assignment I'll have to ask a few analytical questions starting from here:

• Who(ooooooooooo)? Well I hope you guys join, would be pretty embarassing otherwise.
  • How? Well You need to own the early access game called killing floor 2 and join my lobby through steam.
  • When? Usual Gamenight time, 10 PM CEST(1 PM PDT ; 4 PM EDT ; early morning AussieTimezone) and it usually goes on for about 2 hours. EDIT: FORGOT TO SAY SATURDAY 3rd OF OCTOBER!
  • Where? Downtown LA, just joking. STEAM WHERE DID YOU THINK IT WOULD BE.
  • Why? Because I feel a sense of obligation to continue my game nights, even if I wasn't the guy who started it.

This is a list of people who will be in the game for any reason at all:
  1. Spirited
  2. Buraindo
  3. Se7ensword
  4. Black Soma (You're in wether you want it or not)
  5. Freshveggie
  6. derexperte
  7. [placeholder]
  8. [placeholder]

This is a list of Reservations(People who have no sense of direction and don't know if they can or people who can but didn't get one of the 7 premium tickets to the gamenight):

• JawmuncherZ (This guys name sounds like some bad zombie - survival game if you add a Z in the end of it)
  • cout << "Corrosivefrost\n"; //Just showing of my flawless C++ knowledge
  • the_firewithinZ (This guys name doesn't sound good if you add a Z to the end of it)
  • Ningenjanai (He can't count)
  • Endless amount of placeholders

THIS IS WHERE YOU TRASHTALK YOUR FRIENDS AFTER YOU REPEATEDLY STEAL THEIR ZED KILLS:( Fun trivia: I use caps lock as my push to talk key)

I will have my mumble server up for this event (mumble is an open source voip that you can get from this website: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page )

The details like password and the adress for the server is hidden in a email tag under here:

The thing in the top is the name you want to call the server (call it like steamgaf gamenight or something similar)
Adress: 78.72.83.137
Password: Believe
Port: The default one (64738)

I hope to see you soon on my side, killing ZEDS.

aw350

Banned
Oh shit, german cruisers in World of Warships. Finally! Can't wait for the 19th of October.

Always wanted to know - how is the game? I played World of Tanks (liked it), but not two other games - Warplanes and Warships. I suppose they play more or less the same as World of Tanks, are there any key differences in terms of gameplay?

Chariot

Always wanted to know - how is the game? I played World of Tanks (liked it), but not two other games - Warplanes and Warships. I suppose they play more or less the same as World of Tanks, are there any key differences in terms of gameplay?
It's fun. I am enjoying it more than WoT and you have more options on how to play. Heck, if you play a carrier, you are playing a RTS. Thanks to the higher distance ships usually have opposed to tanks you also have a very different experience in shooting and hitting and it's dangerous to get close to battleships since they have batteries that fire automatically on close distance and small ships with missiles have an easy time hitting you. Balancing is also okay as far as I played it.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Beta -- MB-113A36557D4157B0 - Taken by NingenJanai
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Beta #2 -- MB-B977E3BD7AEEF59E - Taken by Kagemusha

!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Windows 10 is being used by a quarter of all Steam gamers

It turns out there are lots of people like me that are daft enough to download a new OS almost as soon as it releases.

In fact, the latest figures from Steam reveal that almost 25% of all its users are running either the 64bit or 32bit version of Microsoft's latest OS, with a 17% increase in users within the last month. It must be that sweet DirectX 12 anticipation.

Overall, Windows remains the most popular gaming platform on Steam, with almost 96% of the market - OS X is second at 3.23%, and Linux is third at less than 1%.

Meanwhile, the most popular dedicated video card is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, which powers my machine and the machines of 3.5% of other Steam users.

You can check out how your system stacks up against the majority of Steam users by looking at the full Steam hardware survey.

it seems that the "brasil only" lock for arcana hearts 3 disappeared today, now i can buy it :D ( in south america at least , dont know if the lock was completely removed )

Nete

I really need to join some "serious" Blood Bowl 2 league. It's almost impossible to play a game without the other guy disconnecting when things starts to be upside for him, without the other guy crying all the effing game, or both.

Kudos to the Chaos player who stayed all the game even losing 0-5 and with a great attitude (including a lovely turn 16 gangfoul :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom