• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher 3 sure looks good:

Runs at 15 FPS, too!

Terrifying!

Vr6RoWG.jpg

Dsyndrome

If I were to find a way to get by the address/paypal region check on nuuvem, is there any reason both the Dying Light Season Pass and Arcana Heart 3: Love Max wouldn't work on an NA steam account?

Quick check of steamdb.info says that all 2/3 the subs have a region of "USA" while the remaining sub is ROW.

I remember checking quick for DL Season Pass as well and not seeing any red flags but being thwarted when I tried to buy it because of my NA paypal account...

I tried all night a month or two ago to get around the Paypal lock on Dying Light, if you get through, you got some wicked kung fu shit or something.

Tenrius

What is your rig? You can have it at 1080P and locked 30FPS with pretty good settings on a Nvidia 660 with high ram (I had 16gb)

I have a laptop which is supposed to be pretty decent (8 Gb RAM, some Core i7, 4 Gb Nvidia 750M), but it supposedly has an overheating problem which results in poor performance in several games. They seem to have optimized it a bit since the original release, I got like 5-8 FPS max back then.

My tech-savvyy roommate promised me to look into the heating system and maybe fix it (it should be a simple fix if the issue is what we think). I'll get to it as soon as I return home in a few days and in the mean time I'm going to actually play the game like this haha. I actually played through the entirety of The Witcher 2 in similar conditions.

"The game is thirty minutes long and costs ten dollars. That's thirty three cents a minute to play this game. You'll get better value out of a psychic hotline." 60, CheatCodeCentral.com

" (this entire experience can be completed in a couple hours)" 55, IGN

"You’ll be finished after about an hour. " 4.0, NZGamer.com

So what you're saying is...its value for money is comparable to The Beginner's Guide?

"The game is thirty minutes long and costs ten dollars. That's thirty three cents a minute to play this game. You'll get better value out of a psychic hotline." 60, CheatCodeCentral.com

Meanwhile...

The 5-point review scale makes so much more sense. You can't just have everything hitting the 3-5 marks without the whole scale looking weird.

Teggy

Aw, I missed the card game discussion. What about Caravan from New Vegas? It might be a good card game, but I wouldn't know because there's no tutorial and the only instructions are in a tiny window that you can't read while you play. I tried playing the guy in the first town and got so confused I just gave up on it.
Although I keep buying the cards from vendors in case I figure it out later.

Annubis

Aw, I missed the card game discussion. What about Caravan from New Vegas? It might be a good card game, but I wouldn't know because there's no tutorial and the only instructions are in a tiny window that you can't read while you play. I tried playing the guy in the first town and got so confused I just gave up on it.

It's such a pain in the ass to try to play Caravan that I tried once, couldn't understand nor even do anything it seems (was there a bug about that?) and in the end I alt+F4 (I couldn't even LEAVE the mini-game) and said fuck it forever.

Finally decided to jump the gun on Trials Fusion The Max, $10 isn't bad at all. I was real close to buying it on release but the mix reactions had me hold off.

Trials Fusion the Max is terrible. Enjoy the garbage game.
Kidding? Was thinking about grabbing it for 10 bucks, haven't played a Trials game since the first one.

Edit: Holy shit that game came out a year and a half ago, I thought it was six months or something. Where is time going ;-;

Tizoc

Stump could you check your PM please?

Teggy

There was a card game in New Vegas? I've played through it at least three times and I don't remember that minigame at all.

Did you help out the guy hiding out in the first town? I'm guessing you have to accept his offer to play for it to be available for the rest of the game.

Kuroyume

Banned
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a must purchase.. it's actually really fun.

obligatory:

Really fun game. If I want to play for a few minutes? Sure, I'll play Endurodad and see how long I last. Love enjoyable games that don't take much commitment. Short bursts of fun.

Caerith

Fictional card games in video games aren't very good (if they were, people would play them) and Caravan is no exception. Play it, get the achievement for playing it, never play it again.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
After playing a couple of hours, Underale does nothing for me. The folks you meet along the way are interesting, but that's about it. Perhaps it's because I'm killing everything in sight, but I don't get what the big deal is.

Genocide is made to be a chore because the game actively rebukes you and doesn't reward you for doing so which is why a True Pacifist run is recommended first. The murder run is nicknamed "Having a bad time."

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
And so, he answered.

Daedalos42: cya guys

I guess my luck went up after my VIP expired. I missed a lot of the vault since I was out, but I managed to get on in time to not win any systems.

Here's an extra code that I don't need.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Dongs Macabre:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brawlhalla Founder's Pack -- MB-C82E4DE48A986367 - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.

t1443859298z1.png

aw350

Banned
Everybody should buy Undertale.
8WqGyKS.png

The thing that is stopping me is graphics. I know others don't care too much about the looks (or maybe like the decidedly blocky retro ones), and I am quite tolerant to looks as well, but there is some minimum level below which my eyes just scream, and Undertale is below that level.

The thing that is stopping me is graphics. I know others don't care too much about the looks (or maybe like the decidedly blocky retro ones), and I am quite tolerant to looks as well, but there is some minimum level below which my eyes just scream, and Undertale is below that level.

The screenshots don't even display correctly on the store.

Dealbreaker.

Granjinha

I thought the game looked quite shitty too, but the visuals grew on me as i played.

The screenshots don't even display correctly on the store.

Dealbreaker.

Really? The game runs with no problems on fullscreen here. The display might be wrong on the store, but running it doesn't have any problems.

Well, I got to the "end" of MGS5. I really don't know if I want to have to artificially farm Quiet's bond to max just to do mission 45 and
have her leave permanently
. The Side Ops are pretty boring and repetitive, too.

I think I might just call this "done" for now. Maybe drop in and do some side ops from time to time. I feel like trying to push through the boredom would just make me end up hating it, rather than somewhat disliking it due to some design choices (even though the gameplay is pretty decent).

I will say, though, that even though I'm not a fan of Metal Gear, that "ending" really left a bad taste in my mouth. Once I realized I had to
replay the tutorial level (i.e. the worst mission in the game)
I couldn't believe that it was "the end". The "twist" (if you can call it that) was also one of the dumbest "twists" in recent memory.

Basically: decent gameplay, ruined by horrible design choices (e.g. the hours of my life wasted waiting to be dropped off by the helicopter). Definitely not even close to dethroning The Witcher 3 as my personal GOTY for 2015.

EDIT: I've got also got this waiting for me:
So I definitely don't want to burn myself out on gameplay that I already know I'm not enjoying that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom