• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i gift it to you, will you play it?

Not right now, though

No money too :')

EDIT: Oh shit. I live in Brasil. Is gifting for other regions blocked?

8WqGyKS.png

I'd be willing to take that offer as well.
8WqGyKS.png

Tizoc

Here are early impressions of Transformers Devastation, since some got it early on console, first thing's first though; parrying in the game is like how MG Rising does it
So i think ill post info on all that ive come across so far.

- basic combat is classic platinum. dodge/parry(mgr like)/aerial combo's etc. pretty challenging on the second difficulty level, that i played on.
-shooting isnt half assed , its fun and resposive
- lots of fast car platforming, not the least bit annoying
- story is well, .......pretty cartoony.
- you can switch characters at any time through ark portals
- each character has a set type of weapons they can equip, eg optimus can use axes and hammers while bumblebee cannot. but they both can use regular swords or dual wield swords.guns have no such limitations
- speaking of weapons. the game has an rpg like loot/drop system. weapons vary in rarity and effects.you collect plans and theyre developed once you get to the ark for free.you can level them up by sacrificing weaker weapons, add skills through synthesis. a lot of them come with skill boosts like elemental damage(visible), powerups, speed boosts health boosts etc . you get my point.
- there are rare unique weapons. ive found two so far. one was a sword that looks like from the transformers movie, but its always on fire and has a high burn chance.another one was melee gloves but with devastators drills. charge attacks launch those drills and are super useful for breaker shields.
- each weapon has their own combo set
- new moves can be unlocked
- theres a rush mechanic that makes use of the transforming. basically high energy shields that enemies may have can only be broken by transforming and charging towards them mid fight and using a special attack(not as tedious as it sounds)
- there are racing segments embedded naturally
- theyve nailed the artstyle and visuals. the game is gorgeous
- music is very mgr but without vocals
- many types of melee weapons and guns, including snipers , missile launchers etc.
- each tf unit has special traits and different stats that can be levelled up by playing normally. eg: l1 move for optimus is a drift attack where he attaches the back end of his truck and hits a huge aor. but l1 for sideswipe is a quick teleport to the closest enemy in range or a blink dodge . both consume different amounts of the special meter.
- each has a unique ultimate attack
- lots of classic enemy variety. ive seen 10 or more types already i think. and theyve got different movesets and functions. jets may fly and snipe you, some will bombard you, constructicon may throw you with its lift, or dig a hole and attack you from below
- lots of hidden chests and collectible, also theres a shop so im guessing therell be broken post game unlockables like all platinum titles
- there a challenge area with 50+ missions and different euipment rewards(several for each mission) for all difficulty levels
- there a skill system, each tf has a different number of slots(can possibly be levelled up to add more?).skills are unlocked by paying credits in the ark, the more you pay the better the skill/skills(its random)
-you get 4 equip slots. you can switch weapons real time mid combos(can only have a max of 3 melee or 3 ranged at a time)
- ch1 is indeed longer than an hour

ill post when i see/remember more

verdict so far- NOT KORRA

Im out of the loop, what happened?

So, at first someone leaked the trailer for the update. It's going to be called Invasion and will be community-made. Of course people got hyped, then later Valve started adding hints into the maps foreshadowing the update's soon to be arrival. But it didn't come. Turned out it got delayed because the people behind the update couldn't decide on their share. And it got delayed again, and again. Earlier today Valve dev sent them a mail with the recommended share percentage and that they should decide till the end of the week, but if anyone doesn't like it they can pull out (which also means their content). Apparently one of them decided to do so. At least this is what I got out of it. Been messy to follow and most salt in the community stems from the leaks and alleged leaks themselves.

Uzzy

I've been playing some of the excellent Pilgrimage scenario in ARMA 3 again recently, and it's really damn good. Here's some pictures and thoughts.

The premise of Pilgrimage is that your brother, Philip, ventured to Altis to undo something that your father left on the island, and was killed in the attempt. So you swiftly head over to Altis, with minimal equipment, in order to reclaim his body and bring it home. The only intel you have to start with is that your brother's body is near a church in Altis. Which is very useful, because there's 218 of them on the island.

There's quite an array of settings for the scenario, which really adds to the replayability factor. You can have quite an easy time of it, starting with rifles and a medic, loot everywhere and fewer enemies, or go very hardcore and start with nothing and have to deal with hordes of enemies with artillery and air support. Personally I tend to go middle of the road, starting with an SMG but having to deal with a fair number of enemies.

Upon starting my Pilgrimage, I find myself on the south-eastern coastline of the island, wearing civilian clothes and carrying a rather pathetic Sting 9mm SMG. But at least there's a lovely rainbow to enjoy.

My first task is to find a better weapon. Altis, being quite the wartorn island, has them in abundance, so that shouldn't be too hard. I set off to the north, hoping to find something of use at the surf club, as well as checking my first church. Loot is randomised, and can be found in almost any building, or only in certain military controlled areas, depending on the settings. It greatly varies in use, sometimes you can find a box with a pistol and a nice cap, other times you can find a crate loaded with heavy weapons and explosives. So it's always good to explore.

Turns out that I do find something useful. You occasionally get little messages, pointing out patrols and hideouts. In this case, it's very good news. I should be able to get the drop on two hostiles and take them out, even with my peashooter. These patrols are all generated at random, and can consist of either of the two factions on Altis, CSAT or the AAF. They can even engage each other in combat.

I sweep through the surf club and find nothing, before proceeding on to my first church. Unsurprisingly, I don't find the body there. Nor do I encounter the enemy yet.

Undeterred, I push further north, eventually finding one of the hostile soldiers on his own. I very carefully stalk him for a while, hoping to discover where his buddy is. However, before I can do that, I get spotted and end up in a rather brutal close-quarter firefight. Luckily I manage to take him down and grab his Katiba 6.5mm rifle, worriedly scanning the area for his comrade. I don't see him, but I do see a MSE-3 Marid APC driving quickly towards me from the south. Lacking any method whatsoever of damaging the vehicle, I run like hell to the north, towards a small settlement, hoping to lose the enemy there.

Fortunately I get lucky and evade the enemy, and even more fortunately, find a very helpful civilian who's able to give me some intel on my brother's location. The game doesn't expect you to check every single church, but rather, it gives you various ways of obtaining intel as to your objective, ranging in usefulness from a general direction or eliminating some churches from the search, to narrowing the search area down to a relatively small circle. That top level intel can only be found by interrogating one of the two warlords on the map, located in one of the two strongholds on the map. Usually though, you're left interrogating soldiers who surrender, or taking intel from the bodies of NCO's/Officers, or as in this case, bribing some civilian to give you some intel. Very, very useful intel really. Check to the west you say? I'll get right on that!

Li Kao

Meh, I've no idea what to play atm. I think I hit rock bottom on this very first world issue.
The awful padding of The Evil Within made me drop it at the last chapter and I can't really gather the will to finish it, I have an ongoing FF14 sub and enjoying it but the MMO burnout is near...
Meanwhile there are dozens of games that interests me, but nope, no idea what to play. Shit.

Strazyplus

Steam needs to be made compatible with Windows 10. some will question me and to answer them is that Steam works just as flawlessly as it does on Windows 7, however if you have it pinned to your taskbar and right click, on windows 7* it would show you that standard menu but also last 5-6 games you have played. This is not so on Windows 10 for some reason. and maybe have some steam notifications take advantage of action center.

Nabs

Looks like the next SF5 Beta during November will test crossplay-

Just need Capcpom to make an official statement and y'all can get bodied online while trying to pull off Hadukens :p

They already made the statement back when they released the specs.

Hektor

Steam needs to be made compatible with Windows 10. some will question me and to answer them is that Steam works just as flawlessly as it does on Windows 7, however if you have it pinned to your taskbar and right click, on windows 7* it would show you that standard menu but also last 5-6 games you have played. This is not so on Windows 10 for some reason. and maybe have some steam notifications take advantage of action center.

That menu is still there in the icon tray on the right side of the taskbar.

So, at first someone leaked the trailer for the update. It's going to be called Invasion and will be community-made. Of course people got hyped, then later Valve started adding hints into the maps foreshadowing the update's soon to be arrival. But it didn't come. Turned out it got delayed because the people behind the update couldn't decide on their share. And it got delayed again, and again. Earlier today Valve dev sent them a mail with the recommended share percentage and that they should decide till the end of the week, but if anyone doesn't like it they can pull out (which also means their content). Apparently one of them decided to do so. At least this is what I got out of it. Been messy to follow and most salt in the community stems from the leaks and alleged leaks themselves.

But they didnt announced it officially yet? Then i fail to see the issue. But thats what you have to put up with if your games have such a huge community, i guess.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give INVASION

Looks like the next SF5 Beta during November will test crossplay-

Just need Capcpom to make an official statement and y'all can get bodied online while trying to pull off Hadukens :p

The latest blog post detailing the system requirements specifially mentioned at the end there will be cross-play in the second beta. Dude.

We'll be back in the future with the exact dates of our second beta, which will allow for PS4 and PC cross play. In the meantime, make sure your PC at least matches the specs provided so that you’ll be able to properly participate!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2015/09/22/street-fighter-v-pc-spec-recommendations

But they didnt announced it officially yet? Then i fail to see the issue. But thats what you have to put up with if your games have such a huge community, i guess.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give INVASION

I don't know, but after all the leaks it wasn't needed I guess lol

Sini

Steam needs to be made compatible with Windows 10. some will question me and to answer them is that Steam works just as flawlessly as it does on Windows 7, however if you have it pinned to your taskbar and right click, on windows 7* it would show you that standard menu but also last 5-6 games you have played. This is not so on Windows 10 for some reason.
But it doesn't do that in Win7 either?? 5 last played games are shown by right clicking system tray icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom