• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Since nobody reads my twitter (or my posts):

It's a crying shame I can get top 500 in levels in a twin stick bullethell shooter like Assault Android Cactus.
I suck at these games.

You should all buy it to kick me down to where I belong, at the bottom of the leaderboard.

Tizoc

It's a crying shame I can get top 500 in levels in a twin stick bullethell shooter like Assault Android Cactus.
I suck at these games.

You should all buy it to kick me down to where I belong, at the bottom of the leaderboard.

I'll get it on PS4, but if you can do good in this kind of game, then I can stand a chance.

Is Bundlestars definitely legit? I bought something off of them for the first time yesterday and today my account got emptied by identity theft

Da fuck.
Bundlestars is legit, which option did you use for the purchase?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
3770cd22be.gif

Backlogger

Is Bundlestars definitely legit? I bought something off of them for the first time yesterday and today my account got emptied by identity theft

Yes they are legit. Been buying bundles since as long as I've known they existed. I've only used PayPal with them.

Hey Steam GAF, looking to see if anyone can recommend a folding gaming chair for the living room. I like those banana shaped rocking chairs but I need to be able to stow them away and those are too bulky.

I have $27 (Canadian) in my Steam wallet. What game should I buy? I have a hard time deciding which game to buy. Resident Evil Remaster, Way of the Samurai 4 (Is there a FPS unlocked mod? I dislike gaming in 30 FPS), Zombi, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, Final Fantasy V, Black Mesa, Grandia II, Consortium, etc. Or should I just preorder Civ Beyond Earth Rising Tide? I like pretty much like any genre (except non-mechanical sports, platformers, and puzzles). I don't care bout the discounts.

I suck at these games.

You say "twin stick" but I have this feeling you're trying to play with kb/m.

--

SANITY CHECK PLEASE:
If I were to find a way to get by the address/paypal region check on nuuvem, is there any reason both the Dying Light Season Pass and Arcana Heart 3: Love Max wouldn't work on an NA steam account?

Quick check of steamdb.info says that all 2/3 the subs have a region of "USA" while the remaining sub is ROW.

I remember checking quick for DL Season Pass as well and not seeing any red flags but being thwarted when I tried to buy it because of my NA paypal account...

Does anyone here have any opinions of Risen 2 and 3? I know they got a lot of negative reviews at release, but it seems like they may have fixed some stuff later with at least Risen 3. I kind of want to play an RPG, but I've burned through most of the ones released in the last 10 years.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Does anyone here have any opinions of Risen 2 and 3? I know they got a lot of negative reviews at release, but it seems like they may have fixed some stuff later with at least Risen 3. I kind of want to play an RPG, but I've burned through most of the ones released in the last 10 years.

2 was trash and 3 IDK

Jawmuncher

Can I just cut&pasta a game folder to a ssd or do I need a program to move steam games from one hdd/ssd to another?
thinking.gif

It depends. You can move them over. But steam will check the file again most of the time. It will say it's downloading it but it's just checking. That's how it was for me when I did before.

MUnited83

For you.
Can I just cut&pasta a game folder to a ssd or do I need a program to move steam games from one hdd/ssd to another?
thinking.gif

As long as you have it in a defined SteamApps location it's fine. You might need to click download to make it recognize the new location though.

Corpekata

Banned
The Trading cards for Undertale sell for crazy prices (and actually sell fairly fast) given how many owners it has. Basically made back 1/3 of the purchase and I was a week late to the party.

It depends. You can move them over. But steam will check the file again most of the time. It will say it's downloading it but it's just checking. That's how it was for me when I did before.

As long as you have it in a defined SteamApps location it's fine. You might need to click download to make it recognize the new location though.

Thanks. I will mess around with it for a bit.

I see Pillars of eternity is 50% off. $22.49, that's a good price right guys? I've been wanting to play that game for a long time now, I didn't want to spend more money on games this month, but it seems like a nice deal.

gurm3n

Neo Member
I see Pillars of eternity is 50% off. $22.49, that's a good price right guys? I've been wanting to play that game for a long time now, I didn't want to spend more money on games this month, but it seems like a nice deal.

You should get it, maybe you could get it cheaper from Nuveem or on sale, but it's definitely worth it.

Sure, if you have a decent compu to run it on max settings and 60 fps. Mine couldn't (Phenom 2 x4 940, 4GB RAM, and 650 ti boost). Was surprised to see it run shitty on my compu.

oipic

Note to self: don't mess with iosefe.

Lenard has crossed the line threatening the Lego displays though, that's out of line.

(some good entertainment on the Alienware stream, nice one io!)

Ozium

I have $27 (Canadian) in my Steam wallet. What game should I buy? I have a hard time deciding which game to buy. Resident Evil Remaster, Way of the Samurai 4 (Is there a FPS unlocked mod? I dislike gaming in 30 FPS), Zombi, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, Final Fantasy V, Black Mesa, Grandia II, Consortium, etc. Or should I just preorder Civ Beyond Earth Rising Tide? I like pretty much like any genre (except non-mechanical sports, platformers, and puzzles). I don't care bout the discounts.

wtf_reaction_gif.gif

Ozium

Consortium

what he said

ModBot said:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Consortium -- MB-C55D7A4C8DCC1941 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.

t1443837876z1.png

SANITY CHECK PLEASE:
If I were to find a way to get by the address/paypal region check on nuuvem, is there any reason both the Dying Light Season Pass and Arcana Heart 3: Love Max wouldn't work on an NA steam account?

Quick check of steamdb.info says that all 2/3 the subs have a region of "USA" while the remaining sub is ROW.

I remember checking quick for DL Season Pass as well and not seeing any red flags but being thwarted when I tried to buy it because of my NA paypal account...
Both games are fine to activate outside of BR, so in NA in your case as far as I am seeing.

Is there any reason NOT to be using the Steam Beta vs the official one?

Is there a lot of stuff in the beta that is not in the official one right now?

So I guess what I learned is don't bother entering the Alienware vault with less than 50 tickets. Wanted Alone in the Dark, but everyone that won entered with 50 tickets.

Is there any reason NOT to be using the Steam Beta vs the official one?

Is there a lot of stuff in the beta that is not in the official one right now?
Usually it's ok but since a couple weeks it got unstable and emotes don't show when hovering.
Not sure what you'll be missing out by going with vanilla tbh.

Also, congrats on your new PC :)

Eila

So I guess what I learned is don't bother entering the Alienware vault with less than 50 tickets. Wanted Alone in the Dark, but everyone that won entered with 50 tickets.

Why would you want Alone in the Dark? The game is horrible, but if it's for the +1 I can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom