• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

rdlhdD4.jpg

really, you should try talk to vin diesel on facebook about it

he looks passionate

really, you should try talk to vin diesel on facebook about it

he looks passionate

I'd buy Wheelman if it came back to Steam. I played it on the 360 and actually liked it, so I'd totally add it to my library.

There's at least two of us now. A couple more and you can cue up the dozens.gif, JaseC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has anyone here backed the Kickstarter Omori?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori/updates

After a period of no updates and significant backer complaints, they switched to backers only updates. I have a spreadsheet that tracks Kickstarter successes and failures and because there was very real concern about Omori, I have it rated as a significant risk of failure. If you're a backer, could you copy/paste or screenshot the last two updates for me so I can re-assess progress and see whether or not their updates solve backers concerns or just apologize about how hard development is?

I should also mention that I have reason to believe that they switched to backers-only updates specifically because I rated them as a significant risk of failure.

Thanks.

Ludens

Banned
So FFV has another HUGE bug: last fight with Gilgamesh won't start.
It should be MANDATORY, but there's nothing here.
So you go on, and you have an optional fight with Necrophobe, in which Gilgamesh should appear and defeat the monster to end the fight. Well, of course this fight is bugged too: when you take down four barriers, you stop doing damage on the enemy. And not zero damage, any number won't appear. And...funny thing, the enemy won't attack you. So you'll be stucked in this fight forever if you don't manually quit the game with Alt+F4.

This basically make the Gilgamesh achievement impossible to get at the moment if SE won't patch the game (well, if I'm not the only one getting it, but since Jshackles had a bug I had too, I think it's a general bug). Well, no big trouble, but the point is, if you don't fight Necrophobe, you won't unlock the save point, so you need to go blindly for the final fight of the game. Again, since this is a iOS port, there's the resume feature, but it's still a crappy thing SE put zero effort in this port.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Has anyone here backed the Kickstarter Omori?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori/updates

After a period of no updates and significant backer complaints, they switched to backers only updates. I have a spreadsheet that tracks Kickstarter successes and failures and because there was very real concern about Omori, I have it rated as a significant risk of failure. If you're a backer, could you copy/paste or screenshot the last two updates for me so I can re-assess progress and see whether or not their updates solve backers concerns or just apologize about how hard development is?

I should also mention that I have reason to believe that they switched to backers-only updates specifically because I rated them as a significant risk of failure.

Thanks.

Honestly it was pretty obvious what was going on. They switch to MV for the game and it still wasn't announced so they were bound by NDA.

Hello OMORI backers,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates. I’ve been very busy this year with fashion collaborations and other works. I have been working on the game, although a lot of the work has been refining the script (I am writing all the dialogue as well as the story) and trying to solve other story and gameplay-related issues.

There are many projects that I am currently working on and OMORI is a huge project that is taking some time to complete, but I am working on it, and it will be completed by next year.

It’s also my choice to keep a lot of the game secret. I’ve been hesitant to show any new gameplay or screenshots because I don’t want to reveal too much about this game. I want it to be mysterious and to be a new experience for backers, but it was never my intention to be shady.

For the backer rewards, we will be sending them out with the release of the game so we can send out all the rewards at the same time. We will be sending emails to re-confirm all the backer’s addresses to ensure that the physical rewards reach you.

Again, sorry to worry you.

-OMOCAT

Hey guys!

This is Archeia and we have some awesome news!

RPG Maker MV is finally announced along with some features and is on preorder stage! It's also finally reached to a stable version. I can finally reveal some stuff that went on throughout the process for the Omori conversion!

However it will be in a next update because it is LONG. Hopefully sometime this week, the busy-ness will wane. But I just wanted to quickly update everyone just in case that there is an incoming update. We're very excited to share what went on very soon!

Cheers!

So FFV has another HUGE bug: last fight with Gilgamesh won't start.
It should be MANDATORY, but there's nothing here.
So you go on, and you have an optional fight with Necrophobe, in which Gilgamesh should appear and defeat the monster to end the fight. Well, of course this fight is bugged too: when you take down four barriers, you stop doing damage on the enemy. And not zero damage, any number won't appear. And...funny thing, the enemy won't attack you. So you'll be stucked in this fight forever if you don't manually quit the game with Alt+F4.

This basically make the Gilgamesh achievement impossible to get at the moment if SE won't patch the game (well, if I'm not the only one getting it, but since Jshackles had a bug I had too, I think it's a general bug). Well, no big trouble, but the point is, if you don't fight Necrophobe, you won't unlock the save point, so you need to go blindly for the final fight of the game. Again, since this is a iOS port, there's the resume feature, but it's still a crappy thing SE put zero effort in this port.
Thats what you get for buying an ios port

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Reposting a last time before it starts.

So long time since the last SteamGaf Gamenight and at last I've mustered enough energy to actually post another one!

So here it is... and the games name is
JOHN CENA
, no but seriously it's Killing floor 2, duh.

A fine-ass picture taken directly from steam, pls don't DMCA claim.
header.jpg

So for this to count for some shitty English assignment I'll have to ask a few analytical questions starting from here:

• Who(ooooooooooo)? Well I hope you guys join, would be pretty embarassing otherwise.
  • How? Well You need to own the early access game called killing floor 2 and join my lobby through steam.
  • When? Usual Gamenight time, 10 PM CEST(1 PM PDT ; 4 PM EDT ; early morning AussieTimezone) and it usually goes on for about 2 hours. EDIT: FORGOT TO SAY SATURDAY 3rd OF OCTOBER!
  • Where? Downtown LA, just joking. STEAM WHERE DID YOU THINK IT WOULD BE.
  • Why? Because I feel a sense of obligation to continue my game nights, even if I wasn't the guy who started it.

This is a list of people who will be in the game for any reason at all:
  1. Spirited
  2. Buraindo
  3. Se7ensword
  4. Black Soma (You're in wether you want it or not)
  5. Freshveggie
  6. derexperte
  7. the red wizard
  8. [placeholder]

This is a list of Reservations(People who have no sense of direction and don't know if they can or people who can but didn't get one of the 7 premium tickets to the gamenight):

• JawmuncherZ (This guys name sounds like some bad zombie - survival game if you add a Z in the end of it)
  • cout << "Corrosivefrost\n"; //Just showing of my flawless C++ knowledge
  • the_firewithinZ (This guys name doesn't sound good if you add a Z to the end of it)
  • Ningenjanai (He can't count)
  • Endless amount of placeholders

THIS IS WHERE YOU TRASHTALK YOUR FRIENDS AFTER YOU REPEATEDLY STEAL THEIR ZED KILLS:( Fun trivia: I use caps lock as my push to talk key)

I will have my mumble server up for this event (mumble is an open source voip that you can get from this website: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page )

The details like password and the adress for the server is hidden in a email tag under here:

The thing in the top is the name you want to call the server (call it like steamgaf gamenight or something similar)
Adress: 78.72.83.137
Password: Believe
Port: The default one (64738)

I hope to see you soon on my side, killing ZEDS.

Countdown:

t1443902400z0.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shit dude! i remember like it was yesterday when we were celebrating you hitting 5k.

There are no brakes on this ride for you!

Now that I've hit 6k, I've run out of justifiably cheap games to buy on a whim. I'll be slowing down from here on out as there's no point in buying games full price week-to-week as doing so is asinine -- I mean, exceedingly rare cases aside, they're not going anywhere, and we're a stone's throw from the Autumn/Winter Sale.

Of course, such an approach means falling behind on the list, but:

A) I never expected to be this high, let alone within relative arm's reach of the top spot, and
B) Buying games just for the sake of a list is fucking dumb

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-B7303C4988598FE8 - Taken by zkylon

KingKong

Soma is really really good. And you get all the achievements just playing through the game, which makes it the first Steam game I've gotten all the achievements for

Now that I've hit 6k, I've run out of justifiably cheap games to buy on a whim. I'll be slowing down from here on out as there's no point in buying games full price week-to-week as doing so is asinine -- I mean, exceedingly rare cases aside, they're not going anywhere, and we're a stone's throw from the Autumn/Winter Sale.

Of course, such an approach means falling behind on the list, but:

A) I never expected to be this high, let alone within relative arm's reach of the top spot, and
Yeah, bundles are not thing but games for +30 bucks is a whole 'nother story.

I am wondering. Are you even buying bundles anymore? I mean you ought be owning almost all games anyway which come in bundles these days.
B) Buying games just for the sake of a list is fucking dumb
Who are you and what did you do to Jase?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom