• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

tumblr_inline_ndhqvtAOFj1rybsbt.gif

its okay tho, you're still my bro. I want you to play Fallout 4 just to see how quick you beat it, i bet it would be 5 hours.

I beat Skyrim in 6 so probably.

Anteater

for the main quest you just go and kill dragona as far as i know in skyrim, didn't take long

laura's costume looks horrible

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't like it either

tho i don't really care for street fighter so i don't understand what its style is

but u know, if that was a league character i'd be like, this is a lame looking character

Not gonna lie to you guys... this IPA tastes like stewed dicks, this football game is sloppy and the town is bummed out by it, and the ending to MGS V was every bit as limp as everyone made it out to be.

I'm thinking Plague not Shovel Knight next as a back to basics cleanser before I get back to Witcher. I'd really like to give my all to Sunless Sea but I've been too anxious lately for a game that measured. Impressed by what I've experienced so far.

zkylon

zkylewd
no style, just generic capoeira pants

yeah i dunno, it's like, massive cleavage+pants in brazil color with like dreads

looks like a first draft, but i guess with like guille and dalzim and zangief and shit characters in street fighter are kind of generic looking

they've done a lot of with the artstyle in sf4, but the character designs were always pretty meh for me

Anteater

yeah i dunno, it's like, massive cleavage+pants in brazil color with like dreads

looks like a first draft, but i guess with like guille and dalzim and zangief and shit characters in street fighter are kind of generic looking

i mean like the old characters were made in the 90s, they were exaggerated and unique for its time :p

Anteater

You don't need a quirky gimmick to be unique.

what i mean is that the old characters look fine to me but it's because I think they look unique for its time with the quirky gimmicks, but it's most likely I just like them because I got used to their designs when I was a kid in the 90s playing those games, but obviously those factors don't matter to people now so people in this generation don't think they are that unique.

Now for the new SF characters they look even less unique without the quirky gimmicks, what I'm saying is that they don't stand out at all, the old characters at least have some quirkiness because they were made 20 years ago.

what I see from Laura is cleavage and capoeira pants

Chariot

what i mean is that the old characters look fine to me but it's because I think they look unique for its time with the quirky gimmicks, but it's most likely I just like them because I got used to their designs when I was a kid in the 90s playing those games, but obviously those factors don't matter to people now so people in this generation don't think they are that unique.

Now for the new SF characters they look even less unique without the quirky gimmicks, what I'm saying is that they don't stand out at all, the old characters at least have some quirkiness because they were made 20 years ago.
I can remember her fine. She looks appealing to me, I can see who she is and what she does. This opposed to e.g. twintailed loli schoolgirl that acts like a tsundere, that would be generic in an anime. But how many capoeira practising women with that amazing hairstyle are around? Furthermore I think that Street Fighter was lacking some green. Lush colours are always welcome.
true, massive boobs is enough :>
If her breasts are the only thing you see in this woman, it's on you.

Anteater

I can remember her fine. She looks appealing to me, I can see who she is and what she does. This opposed to e.g. twintailed loli schoolgirl that acts like a tsundere, that would be generic in an anime. But how many capoeira practising women with that amazing hairstyle are around? Furthermore I think that Street Fighter was lacking some green. Lush colours are always welcome.If her breasts are the only thing you see in this woman, it's on you.

i've never said breasts until zkylon mentioned cleavage, all i said was the costume was generic with capoeira pants prior to that

so if you thought i was talking about breasts, that's on you.

Grief.exe

Made a ton of progress in Kerbal today.

I got orbital transfer mechanics down and I managed to land on my first moon, which was quite the learning experience. It was a hairy landing due to my lander being far too top heavy, but I managed to stick it down after some tricky flying.

The first few hours of the game is constant trial and error, but once you understand the basics, the sky is the limit.

Anteater

Generic to what archetype?

To street fighter characters, I expect more with modern designs, obviously what each person actually expect is different, like I wouldn't think someone wearing similar clothes as Ryu or Ken from SF2 with a different color would be unique, I'd think Ken in blue would be generic, heck their designs are getting old to me in a way if not for the alternative costumes. I also think a lot of the characters in fatal fury and kof look generic as well.

As I said the contrast is different because old SF characters are exaggerated in some way, characters like dhalsim, Q, blanka, etc.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
wow are the racing stuff worth doing? I didn't do any of them
You only have to do the races for the archangels and because those are just variants of your personal car they are hella easy.

I am 40 hours in and not even close to that XD
I was surprised it actually took me even that long. They drag it out with the scavenging and challenges which is a bit irritating.

I beat Skyrim in 6 so probably.
Were you referencing a speed run guide or something?

Chariot

To street fighter characters, I expect more with modern designs, obviously what each person actually expect is different, like I wouldn't think someone wearing similar clothes as Ryu or Ken from SF2 with a different color would be unique, I'd think Ken in blue would be generic, heck their designs are getting old to me in a way if not for the alternative costumes. I also think a lot of the characters in fatal fury and kof look generic as well.

As I said the contrast is different because old SF characters are exaggerated in some way, characters like dhalsim, Q, etc.
You must have a close connection to god, because I don't understand the tongues you're speaking.

zkylon

zkylewd
If her breasts are the only thing you see in this woman, it's on you.
my bad, let's not make this about boobs. similarly lolis or anime have very little to do with this character so maybe her not being a shitty copypasta loli shouldn't really be considered praiseworthy methinks -__-

anyways, i'm just gonna say i don't like her design, it looks generic, like they kept the first idea of everything: brazil colors, the dreads, standard capoeira outfit, etc. she looks like a whiter genderbend version of that guy from tekken or something

Chariot

well if you want the discussion to go towards that direction: I think you suck too
I asked you, in what way Laura was generic. She is simple designed, but not generic. She doesn't look like any other character of Street Fighter and there aren't many, maybe any of her around in games.

my bad, let's not make this about boobs. similarly lolis or anime have very little to do with this character so maybe her not being a shitty copypasta loli shouldn't really be considered praiseworthy methinks -__-

anyways, i'm just gonna say i don't like her design, it looks generic, like they kept the first idea of everything: brazil colors, the dreads, standard capoeira outfit, etc. she looks like a whiter genderbend version of that guy from tekken or something
It's of course your own if you don't like her and her design. But I think you are mismatching simple and generic.

Lain

Managed to finish the story mode of Arcana Heart... after I lowered the difficulty from 4/8 to 1/8. I also managed to get the bad ending because I didn't break all the orbs in time.
Double L for the win.

I like the game, though I wish skipping between the skits was a bit faster. Feels like there is some delay between when the skits starts and when hitting start/button skips right to the match.

Anteater

I asked you, in what way Laura was generic. She is simple designed, but not generic. She doesn't look like any other character of Street Fighter and there aren't many, maybe any of her around in games.

It's of course your own if you don't like her and her design. But I think you are mismatching simple and generic.

The pants as I said... we already have DJ in street fighter with similar pants and such but it's just she has brazillian colors

Jawmuncher

You only have to do the races for the archangels and because those are just variants of your personal car they are hella easy.

I was surprised it actually took me even that long. They drag it out with the scavenging and challenges which is a bit irritating.

Were you referencing a speed run guide or something?

I wasn't really enjoying it, so I was just running to main story and that's it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i duno, the fact that she looked similar enough that i was instantly reminded of that tekken character is kind of a red flag for me

like i don't remember shit about tekken, i played that thing for the last time like 15 years ago

but i'm like wasn't there a character somewhere that was like dreads capoeria guy with like brazil colors

she feels like i've seen her before, or something

just random 1m opinion of someone that doesn't care much about it, i'm just ehh

Deitus

The pants as I said... we already have DJ in street fighter with similar pants and such but it's just she has brazillian colors

How many Street Fighters are just wearing a gi though?

I mean she doesn't look nearly as flashy as some of the Street Fighter Alpha characters, but I'd say just wearing generic martial arts uniform (well the bottom half anyway) makes her fit in quite well with the core cast of Street Fighter.

But then I'm with Veggie in that the last SF game I played was SF2 Turbo (the SNES version in my case).

Eila

i duno, the fact that she looked similar enough that i was instantly reminded of that tekken character is kind of a red flag for me

like i don't remember shit about tekken, i played that thing for the last time like 15 years ago

but i'm like wasn't there a character somewhere that was like dreads capoeria guy with like brazil colors

she feels like i've seen her before, or something

just random 1m opinion of someone that doesn't care much about it, i'm just ehh

Yeah, Eddy Gordo:
747704-eddy_gordo_4.jpg

But so far in Street Fighter the only brazilian characters were a Blanka, Oro and Sean, who's a Ken clone. Didn't have a capoeira character yet.

Anteater

How many Street Fighters are just wearing a gi though?

I mean she doesn't look nearly as flashy as some of the Street Fighter Alpha characters, but I'd say just wearing generic martial arts uniform (well the bottom half anyway) makes her fit in quite well with the core cast of Street Fighter.

But then I'm with Veggie in that the last SF game I played was SF2 Turbo (the SNES version in my case).

yeah I mean she'll fit with the rest of the cast, I'm just voicing my opinion that I think her costume just don't look that great for a new character, I'll get use to it and it's really not that much of a problem to me, I think a lot of costumes are horrible, doesn't mean they don't fit, I wish all of the stupid SF4 costumes could be replaced with new ones but hey.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't want to say that me sharing that link was an evil scheme of segwaying conversation in a direction i find more entertaining, but you know, halloween is close, and i have been known to be evil

They released Diana, Zyra, Elise and Lissandra within the same year or so and they all look exactly the same.
i very much don't think so, although zyra and elise (and syndra) are all three designs from the zeronis boobs mage age that has been thankfully rectified since

but cmon, lissandra has ice for feet

how rad is that!

Yeah, Eddy Gordo:
747704-eddy_gordo_4.jpg

But so far in Street Fighter the only brazilian characters were a Blanka, Oro and Sean, who's a Ken clone. Didn't have a capoeira character yet.
i guess she's not exactly the same, she's got that fabulous hair going on for her that's pretty cool but you know, i feel like there were probably more creative roads to take with her design (as well as tekken guy's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom