• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am wondering. Are you even buying bundles anymore? I mean you ought be owning almost all games anyway which come in bundles these days.

Admittedly, bundles are quite a gamble these days (Greenlight focuses aside), but now that, going forward, I'll be buying fewer new releases, they should become increasingly decent.

Edit: Truth be told, with the mess that is post-bankruptcy Desura, I don't bother making the manual effort to get a Steam key unless it's for a game I haven't already bought. I'd estimate that I have at least two dozen "unclaimed" keys.

fantomena

Finally, after working, studying and waiting 16 hours to download the NFS beta I can finally play.

If it was on Steam the download would take me like 1 hour or maybe 2.

PSN downloads are fucking shit, straight from the turtles.

And yeah btw, I won't be very active on SteamGAF in the future. Got a part-time job in a grocery along with my studies so I need to be practical, in order words, not much SteamGAF in the future. Not much GAF at all actually. So my life will cotnain, studying, working at shop and not wasting the free time I have left my doing nonsene.

Anteater

Finally, after working, studying and waiting 16 hours to download the NFS beta I can finally play.

If it was on Steam the download would take me like 1 hour or maybe 2.

PSN downloads are fucking shit, straight from the turtles.

i thought the new firmware improved it

JaseC

i thought the new firmware improved it

Placebo effect. I don't mean to be dismissive, but you're talking about hardware and a network that has existed for years. A firmware update isn't going to automagically make things better unless the release of said update coincides with a server upgrade.

Placebo effect. I don't mean to be dismissive, but you're talking about hardware and a network that has existed for years. A firmware update isn't going to automagically make things better unless the release of said update coincides with a server upgrade.

The speeds got worse for most people after FW 2.0.
They got better for most people after FW 3.0.

I could always get good speeds on the PS4 with the pause/unpause trick, it just took a while. I'm 90% sure it was a firmware bug that's fixed now.

PSN still doesn't have the fastest servers, but the huge issue with speeds going in the low KBs is definitely fixed for me, and that happened immediately after I installed 3.0. (I tested it)

EDIT: Also my PS3 and VIta speeds were never affected. It was exlusively a PS4 issue. It can't be placebo.

JaseC

PSN still doesn't have the fastest servers, but the huge issue with speeds going in the low KBs is definitely fixed for me, and that happened immediately after I installed 3.0. (I tested it).

That's reassuring. I've been meaning to test my PSN speeds by way of the Uncharted Trilogy demo.

Grief.exe

Oh man I thought I clicked into another thread on gaming side about slow console discussions...then I noticed this is the Steam thread.

Fuck it, here's some anime

giphy.gif

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Guys, has anyone been playingBioshock 2 recently? I was playing it and I lost all of my save files (I formated and didn't back them up because I thought that since it moved to Steam recently it would have had Steam Cloud...)... I was at the last level before the ending, 14 hours in... I don't really want to replay the whole thing now. :\

So, does anyone have a samegame at the start of the Fointaine futuristics chapter? I found one on the internet, but it has shitty abilities and no adam/money... Which is crazy, because I had like, tons of Plasmids and Tonics, and a full wallet and like 750 ADAMs.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I thought I clicked into another thread on gaming side about slow console discussions...then I noticed this is the Steam thread.

Fuck it, here's some anime

giphy.gif

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

→Check online for a solution and close the program
→Close the program

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Beat Space Marine earlier this morning. Even with very limited knowledge of the 40K universe I thoroughly enjoyed it. They do a good job of making you feel like a tank of a unit. I will say though playing on easy, there were still more than a few parts that were a bit challenging. Not counting idling time it was about 6-7 hours to beat it. Don't really have much to say about this one besides if it interests you, you should give it a try at some point.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I first had to discover there is only 6 player lobbies in vanilla killing floor 2, and then I crash repeatedly.

SORRY EVERYONE!

Knurek

It just dawned on me - Witcher 3 is like a Japanese eroge VN.
50+ hours of doing repetitive tasks for 15 seconds of highly unrealistic, out of character sex.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

mystery poop -- MB-90363A13DE5043AC - Taken by crazyrabbits

header.jpg

Beat Space Marine earlier this morning. Even with very limited knowledge of the 40K universe I thoroughly enjoyed it. They do a good job of making you feel like a tank of a unit. I will say though playing on easy, there were still more than a few parts that were a bit challenging. Not counting idling time it was about 6-7 hours to beat it. Don't really have much to say about this one besides if it interests you, you should give it a try at some point.

yo like straight up, I envy jaw. my mans be beating his games in like less than a week no matter how long it is, like wtf? When I play games even rushing through it takes me forever, like he and ozzy beat mgs5 in like a week or something and here we are and I still didn't beat that game. I swear he skips all the cutscenes and plays on the easiest difficulty, theres no way you can beat games as fast as he does on normal or above without skipping every single thing in the game.

Jawmuncher

yo like straight up, I envy jaw. my mans be beating his games in like less than a week no matter how long it is, like wtf? When I play games even rushing through it takes me forever, like he and ozzy beat mgs5 in like a week or something and here we are and I still didn't beat that game. I swear he skips all the cutscenes and plays on the easiest difficulty, theres no way you can beat games as fast as he does on normal or above without skipping every single thing in the game.

I do play some games on easy, but I don't skip the cutscenes or anything. As I have said in the past for the bigger games. Unless it fully benefits I don't really touch much of the side quests and such. I still did a decent amount of stuff in Witcher 3 I think and still beat it pretty quickly. My style has always been kind of speed based and while others say that ruins the game, for me it doesn't at all. I still soak in everything just quicker than most.

I do play some games on easy, but I don't skip the cutscenes or anything. As I have said in the past for the bigger games. Unless it fully benefits I don't really touch much of the side quests and such. I still did a decent amount of stuff in Witcher 3 I think and still beat it pretty quickly. My style has always been kind of speed based and while others say that ruins the game, for me it doesn't at all. I still soak in everything just quicker than most.

tumblr_inline_ndhqvtAOFj1rybsbt.gif

its okay tho, you're still my bro. I want you to play Fallout 4 just to see how quick you beat it, i bet it would be 5 hours.

Momentary

Banned
Hmmm my Mercenary King key I gave away was already used even though it was in my unused group on Humble Bundle. Now I feel like a turd ; _ ;

Hmmm my Mercenary King key I gave away was already used even though it was in my unused group on Humble Bundle. Now I feel like a turd ; _ ;

you should cause you are. Don't worry though, just tell the winner its not even a good game anyway, in reality you saved him time by not having the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom