• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I thought because it's not a good game and would fail on steam too?
I haven't played it, but I heard a lot of complaints how bad it is from SH fans.

No the game is fine, not as good as the team silent games. But what exactly is out of the western games? Every game made from western studios have their moments and I wouldn't classify any as bad. Just not able to live up to their legacy.

MUnited83

For you.
We know that GMG is partly a key reseller now. I'm pretty sure W3 was just the only time they were called out.

There was also a lot of weirdness going on with publishers disappearing from their catalogue in the past. I wonder why
But even key resellers manage to have the Nuketown DLC included as well lol

Arthea

is gaf slow for you too or is it just me?

Would be cool if we get a surprise release at the Halloween sale. Like when typing of the dead came out of nowhere.

maybe we will
I was trying to think what could it be, but haven't decided on anything

Well the less creepy stuff are talked about, the better wouldn't you think?

you are beginning to creep me out too, that isn't helping sanic!

sorry, I'll stop now

Tizoc

no Alien Soldier = epic fail

shameful

No Monster World IV.
Those aren't even 30, they're more like 50 and they couldn't vote for Monster World IV.

Thing is neither game was released in the US right? Alien Soldier only released in Europe and Japan right? The voters likely chose games they had played or own in their Genesis library.
Keep in mind that even I didn't vote in it and I owned a Genesis as a kid (although I only had a handful of games :X), so if more people voted more games would've shown up.

Hell if you actually care about Alien Soldier and want more people to know about it, why not make a thread to bring up that the dang thing is actually on Steam in all its Engrish glory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtz1GCKA9NM

but I never said anything bad about games themselves! and even that jab at a fanbase is a joke, several sanic threads on gaf used to creep me out, that's all.
I understand how that could be annoying to you, being a fan and all, but it's not my fault games aren't talked much about, c'mon.

Well the less creepy stuff are talked about, the better wouldn't you think?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I thought because it's not a good game and would fail on steam too?
I haven't played it, but I heard a lot of complaints how bad it is from SH fans.

I actually quite liked Downpour, and others did too. It's a bad Silent Hill game, but I think it's a good horror game. IT was probably the most old-school horror game to release last generation, I actually liked its puzzles (and the puzzle difficulty option), exploring the town, the variety of side-quest you could stumble onto, and the fact you could choose in every encounter to run or fight, and can beat the whole game without beating a single enemy. That and some of the locations were actually pretty creepy (the mines, a certain basement, and part of an orphanage section got me fairly good), and the game had its moments. Other parts were a bit silly (like the ghost police car), but not offensive. I think too many were too hard on the game, because of the reputation the series had when Downpour came around was a negative one.

Or maybe people hate old-school horror games now. Fatal Frame V definitely points to that.

Tizoc

Would be cool if we get a surprise release at the Halloween sale. Like when typing of the dead came out of nowhere.

OG Typing of the Dead 1 and 2 would be friggin' awesome, especially if they not only keep the Dreamcast backpacks
typing-dreamcast-backpacks.jpg

They have them as TF2 items, and the game would come with Genesis/MD and Master System backpacks :p

Dusk Golem

Like Typing of the Dead Overkill & Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare in the past? It could happen and has happened before.

Surprise Deep Fear port!

OH my god, most here may not know Deep Fear, but the game is freaking hilarious AND has a stupidly good soundtrack.

gfs_69821_2_15.jpg

(Not seen in the screenshot is how this guy, about to be killed and screaming, is suggestively wiggling his eyebrows the whole scene.)

Jawmuncher

But even key resellers manage to have the Nuketown DLC included as well lol

Wonder if it's a case of "you can sell the game but because you want to have a discount you won't get nuke town". if GMG is the only place with these keys, they have to be getting them officially from Acti. Don't think anyone else would be able to change around the packages. Since I recall nuke town is part of the key not a separate token on PC.

fertygo

We know that GMG is partly a key reseller now. I'm pretty sure W3 was just the only time they were called out.

There was also a lot of weirdness going on with publishers disappearing from their catalogue in the past. I wonder why

Can its just simply different pubs = different policy thing? especially with their always on coupon thing, some pubs seem had no problem giving access to pre-order stuff and some noticeably ignoring it for them.

I guess there's that W3 thing

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, my laptop charger only works when it's in a certain position. I checked and the pin looks fine. And of course, I'm out of warranty by 5 months.

Is there anything I can do to see if this is a software issue or something (I know it's probably a hardware issue but I just want to rule it out for the sake of my peace of mind)? It only started happening yesterday.

Jazz573

Like Typing of the Dead Overkill & Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare in the past? It could happen and has happened before.

OH my god, most here may not know Deep Fear, but the game is freaking hilarious AND has a stupidly good soundtrack.

gfs_69821_2_15.jpg

(Not seen in the screenshot is how this guy, about to be killed and screaming, is suggestively wiggling his eyebrows the whole scene.)

I'm aware of it mainly because of the Wrongpurae.

Maniac

Banned

To be fair, they started out as nothing but a grey-market reseller. They've since gone... Partially legit, but not entirely legit still, evidently.

Dusk Golem

Also, since we brought up Deep Fear, I'll mention there's a weird history of four game I called the 'Sea Fear' series, they are four different games, made by different teams, but they have some of the same people working on them in all four cases and all four share some weird similarities.

-All take place on the ocean
-All have a blonde-haired main character with the EXACT SAME PERSONALITY
-All have the exact same end-game (you go around planting explosives, then running from them as a wall of water comes at you, and half-way through a mutated man turned monster attacks you)
-They all have weird dramatic character death scenes

Among other weird connections I won't get into. Some of the same people were involved in all four, so I can't believe it's coincidence.

This unofficial series is composed of Deep Fear (Saturn), Carrier (Dreamcast), Extermination (PS2), & Cold Fear (PC, Xbox, PS2).

BUT ACTUALLY, Cold Fear, the fourth and last game of the above unofficial series, is available on Steam, and it's not half bad. It's kind of a budgeted RE4 clone, but it has its moments. It may go on sale later today, can find it here:

Cold Fear Steam Store Page

The PC port isn't perfect, but was the best version of the game by far.

0000004184.600x338.jpg
0000004187.600x338.jpg

I never noticed how weird Chie's face is until now.
Persona is a series I need to get into, but I keep secretly hoping before I play them a 'best' version of Persona 3 will surface, and Persona 4 Golden will go onto something other than Vita.

Vita TV is the answer to all of the Vita's woes.

Dusk Golem

Persona is a series I need to get into, but I keep secretly hoping before I play them a 'best' version of Persona 3 will surface, and Persona 4 Golden will go onto something other than Vita.

I own Persona 3: FES, and the original Persona 4, but I hold out hope. And I am tempted to try and track down and play Persona 1 & 2 first, since it might be harder to go back to them later.

Dusk Golem

The best

That already happened with Persona 3 FES

But, then in another version of Persona 3 you can play as a female protagonist and there's other differences too, Persona 3 FES though has some things not in the other version, and it's just, gah. OTL I'm a completionist, these things bother me.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Capcom Sales Up, But Operating Income And Profits Sharply Down

Capcom’s amusement division, responsible for pachinko and pachislo machines, drove increased sales for the company in the six months ending September 30. Unfortunately, both operating income and profits are sharply down from this point last year.

Net sales are up 22 percent, largely on the back of a 76 percent increase from the amusement business. However, operating income fell by 35 percent at the halfway mark to ¥2.8 billion ($23.6 million). Profits dropped as well, with a 34 percent decrease year over year at the six-month mark to ¥1.95 billion ($16.1 million).

Capcom is nearly halfway to its sales goals for the year heading into the holiday season. However, the second half of the year will need to be stellar to reach operating income and profit goals. The company projects ¥12 billion ($ ) in operating and ¥7.7 billion in net income for the year ending March 31, 2016.

Upcoming titles include Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC in February, an HD version of Resident Evil 0 for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC in January. The company also has a new Resident Evil spin-off title, Umbrella Corps, in the works.

Our Take
Capcom has some ground to make up in the second half of its year. Street Fighter V has huge potential and will be available for over a month in the current fiscal year. The other titles aren’t likely to make as much magic, but instead can provide healthy support to for Ryu and friends.

Ozium

da fuq is SC

didn't realize all you animu fans were excited for star citizen

edit: oh shit dear leader

but seriously

wtf is SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom