• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Speaking of Anime, I haven't found too many great series this anime season, any recommendations?

I'm doing this on purpose, but I'm also curious,

Arthea

Is GAF having problems or is that on my end?

Maybe we should stop posting in here

yeah, I asked already but nobody answered, gaf is slow for me today too.

edited: OK I'll play
better than Persona, Star Citizen, Starcraft and anime combined

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

t1446138000z0.png

Dusk Golem

My deduction by looking at the main game page of NeoGAF is probably the release of Halo 5, along with Nintendo's mobile game, and then to a lesser extent the NieR sequel trailer, is making it have some heavy load right now.

GAF takes 15 seconds to load a page sometimes. It's killing me slowly.
da fuq is SC

didn't realize all you animu fans were excited for star citizen

edit: oh shit dear leader

but seriously

wtf is SC
Starcraft has a new expansion coming out soon. It will be the final nail in the coffin epic finale for the franchise. All the favourites will be there--Jim Raynor, Kerrian the Queen of Blades, and Zeratul!

Jazz573

GAF takes 15 seconds to load a page sometimes. It's killing me slowly.

Starcraft has a new expansion coming out soon. It will be the final nail in the coffin epic finale for the franchise. All the favourites will be there--Jim Raynor, Kerrian the Queen of Blades, and Zeratul!

I like Starcraft. But no waifus. Unless you count Kerrigan. :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
GTA Online Is A Little Spookier, Thanks To Halloween Surprises

sqj6XJy.jpg

You can't avoid Halloween right now, from the constant bombardment of Halloween songs on the radio to the clerks at stores wishing you spooky seasons greetings. If you fire up GTA Online hoping to get away from the holiday hype, you're out of luck; the game is getting in the Halloween spirit in a big way.

From now until Nov. 16, players can access a horrific host of new masks, bobbleheads, and other seasonal surprises. A few highlights include the Lurcher Hearse, pictured below, and an Adversary Mode designed to mimic a slasher film. There, up to eight players fight in the dark, as one randomly selected player is chosen to be the Slasher. That player is armed with a shotgun, while the others are left with flashlights. Stay alive for three minutes, however, and the tables are turned as the survivors get armed.

The event is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

fQfSLka.jpg

Grief.exe

In other PC news, Overwatch beta has started and looks pretty fun. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Capcom in fairness is far, far, FAR better at this than most Japanese companies. I have more faith in it maybe eventually happening. They seem to be mostly focused on the Resident Evil series right now, which is fine by me and it looks like pretty soon every main RE title will be on Steam in some form (once REmake 2 is out we'll have a version of RE2 on Steam, only leaving RE3 and Code Veronica), but they also own the Dino Crisis and Clock Tower/Haunting Ground IPs, I hope they will do something with them... Though the chances look slim. It's a shame since Dino Crisis and Clock Tower/Haunting Ground are horror ips that are very good and even without releasing a new title, I think could find some success with their cult statuses.

I think we all know why Silent Hill Downpour never came to a Steam, and it starts with a K. A shame, as I actually quite liked Downpour, it's one of those games that has a mixture of good and bad elements in it, but the good for me far outweighed the bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.

We will probably see CV relatively soon since it's already MTFrameworks, Capcom will likely see how the REmake 2 investment pans out before remaking 3.

Dusk Golem

Fucking anime? :p

I'd believe it.

fuck all

That makes more sense though. We are talking about anything right now, but I think we're just socializing now since we know that the Halloween Sale/Trails/Neptunia are about to come out in a few hours.

We will probably see CV relatively soon since it's already MTFrameworks, Capcom will likely see how the REmake 2 investment pans out before remaking 3.

Yup, Code Veronica since it's already 3D and has a version n MT should happen eventually, as well as a high chance that maybe we'll eventually see Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles since they also have MT Framework versions.

RE3 remake might happen, I do hope the REmake of 2 works out well.

FA is an acronym for FUCKING ACRONYMS

Oh my, the irony in this is amusing to me.

Tizoc

Speaking of Anime, I haven't found too many great series this anime season, any recommendations?

One Punch man
Gundam: Iron Blood Orphans
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Fate Zero
Ushio and Tora

That's it off the top of my head. Ushio and Tora, Gundam and Jojo re available on Crunchyroll, One Punch man can be watched through www.daisuki.net/
Jojo starts with Phantom Blood (Part 1 adaptation) work your way from there. Funnily enough I'm surprised you hadn't read JoJo yet since it has a lot of horror movie inspirations and the author of the series is a big fan of horror movies.
Here's a list of some of his fav. horror movies
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Hirohiko_Araki's_Bizarre_Horror_Movie_Analysis
  1. Zombie (‘78 director’s cut)
  2. Jaws
  3. Misery
  4. I Am Legend
  5. Ninth Gate
  6. Alien
  7. Ring (TV version)
  8. The Mist
  9. Final Destination
  10. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  11. Dasshutsu
  12. The Blob
  13. 28 Days Later
  14. Basket Case
  15. Sleeping With The Enemy
  16. No Country
  17. The Exorcist
  18. Funny Games (‘07 US remake)
  19. Hostel
  20. Kuraimori

And I THINK Fate Zero is on CR too

Dusk Golem

One Punch man
Gundam: Iron Blood Orphans
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Fate Zero
Ushio and Tora

That's it off the top of my head. Ushio and Tora, Gundam and Jojo re available on Crunchyroll, One Punch man can be watched through www.daisuki.net/
Jojo starts with Phantom Blood (Part 1 adaptation) work your way from there. Funnily enough I'm surprised you hadn't read JoJo yet since it has a lot of horror movie inspirations and the author of the series is a big fan of horror movies.
Here's a list of some of his fav. horror movies
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Hirohiko_Araki's_Bizarre_Horror_Movie_Analysis

And I THINK Fate Zero is on CR too

Oh my, thank you for the suggestions. I haven't delved into JoJo yet, but have some friends really into it. I always am apprehensive of Shonen-type shows since they typically don't appeal to me, but maybe JoJo will, to be seen.

Knurek

Owarimonogatari (provided you watched previous seasons, if not, start with Bakemonogatari).

Right up your alley - urban horror with seriously amazing writing.

Also, if you haven't already seen them, Mushishi, Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent would be right up your alley.

Tizoc

Oh my, thank you for the suggestions. I haven't delved into JoJo yet, but have some friends really into it. I always am apprehensive of Shonen-type shows since they typically don't appeal to me, but maybe JoJo will, to be seen.

Although it started out as a shonen series and for the most part has been that over the years it stands out due to the following reasons
It has batshit crazy stuff going along with crazy batshit explanations
IT HAS POSES
It has some of the most fabulously dressed and looking characters you'll ever see in a series ever

Right now Part 1-3 are animated with Part 4 coming next year. If you go in just for the sake of a fun romp chances are you'll be satisfied, just don't take it too seriously and both appreciate and laugh your ass off at some of the poses ;)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Phinor

I wonder where GMG is getting these Blops 3 keys from. No Nuketown for preorders:

One year ago I would have said that's weird but it's clear they are at times operating exactly like shady key resellers do. This just reinforces that idea. Every official store (that doesn't do shady deals) has Nuketown as a pre-order bonus. Key resellers on the other hand can't guarantee that on their best deals and neither does GMG. Key resellers typically have Nuketown version available at a higher price than the regular version.

On that note, Funstock has (suddenly) had some great deals lately. Incidentally they don't have Nuketown as a bonus either so that's probably where their deals come from.

Jazz573

Actually the proper name when you read it letter by letter is an initialism. An acronym is when you pronounce it like a word. So NATO is an acronym but FBI is an initialism. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom