• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It doesn't explain them much, Mercenaries a bit is the best way to experiment with them. I wouldn't mind resuming sometime, though will be busy the next couple months.

The campaign for RE6 is an extremely mixed bag. It's actually a super long campaign, beating all four campaigns takes about 18-25 hours, and there's actually very little repeats besides cross-over sections. Besides that, the game has a surprising variety of monsters and scenarios it throws at you. The problem is the scenarios range all over in quality. XD; Some parts are really good, and some parts are really bad.

Everyone loves Leon's campaign, but for some reason his is my least favorite. It has things I loathe in it which the other campaigns don't have (forced walking sections), the most dull story (RE6 doesn't have a good story, but his is the most dull by far), the worst bosses, some of the most dragged-out stages, and its not even really horror-y (ironically I think a few moments in Chris and Jake's campaigns are more horror-esque than anything in Leon's campaign). I do like parts of Leon's campaign (Chapter 1 once you get out to the city streets is pretty cool, parts of Chapter 2 are good and I love Leon's Chapter 4), but I never understood how you could like Leon's campaign but really hate Chris and Jake's (though to both of those campaigns, I will say this, their second halves are much better than their first halves).
Yeah I'd love to continue sometime! Whenever you're good to do so of course so a few months in the future is alright.

I remember parts of you playing with someone else and it did seem to be the most dull, but I don't remember much of anything anymore besides what a few areas look like so when I play again I'll get a refresher on that.

Ozium

rihanna-gif-5.gif

Tizoc

Im not talking about all people that like Sonic, if you got that impression im sry.
I was mainly thinking of the hundreds of pregnancy/Gore/Vore comics you can find on the internet.

Eh it's cool mate but uh...such things aren't exactly exclusive to one franchise.

I actually feel like some of the 'creepy Sonic fandom' stuff is forced, not all of it, but certain parts to feed into itself, for example the weird Shadow x Shrek pictures I can't think of as anything but people playing it up.

But I think the Sonic fan base gets a bit much in the worst department by people picking out some of the weird stuff from it. On the other hand, Sonic's fan base actually has a lot of creative people in it, and they output some very high quality stuff as well from what I know and have a high number of high-quality fan games, modders, modding scenes, and more.

The modding community is a main reason why i'm contemplating getting Sonic LW despite even after the game getting patches on the Wii U is a pretty bland game

Shit I'm lighten up this discussion by posting some of dat good Sonic series music
DAT GREEN HILL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF9ZLNxHaBY

DAT CHEMICAL PLANT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYB7iLZNWE

DAT GENERATIONS CHEMICAL PLANT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDunSQ5qJac

DAT FLYING BATTERY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7hdIh-gtw

DAT SONIC 2 SPECIAL STAGE THEME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpU5640iE5k

DAT SONIC 3 SPECIAL STAGE THEME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPdzzRpkE9c

DAT EGGMAN ROBOTNIK BOSS THEME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSClR8_pmCc

DAT BIG ARM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyDc1H0GrPw

DAT DOOMSDAY ZONE THEME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfuv444YAxk

Yo Super Mario collection Vol. 1 for $20 featuring
NES SMB1
GB SMB1
Famicom Disk System SMB2 JP
SMB2 Eng.
NES SMB3
SNES/GBA hybrids of the first 3 games
Super Mario World SNES with the GBA additions
Art Gallery
Sound/Music gallery

I'd get that for $20, if Ninty puts the effort into the ports.

We can only hope

Tizoc

Jaw what did you think of Dino Survivor?

That's not what I had in mind, that all fanbase is like that, far from it, but rather how it looks like it, meaning it has significant number of creeps, or very active creeps.
No need to take it so seriously too.

Thing is whenever the series is brought up in this thread, it's rarely if ever that the games or gameplay is discussed.
While I can understand if one doesn't like the playstyle of them, it's just that- the games are just not for you, but (at their best) they're good in their own way and appeal to some people.

Ozium

get ready to link your Steam Account with your Nintendo Account for the exciting multiplayer thrill that is Devil's Third!

edit: y'all are going quite insane and that is coming from me, in other words y'all prolly 'bout to get morning bussed

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I actually am planning to play Dino Stalker and Resident Evil Gun Survivor 2 pretty soon.

I actually liked Deam Aim, and thought Survivor was okay, better than expected but not quite good, so I'm curious where my thoughts on these two titles will lie.

Jawmuncher

Thing is whenever the series is brought up in this thread, it's rarely if ever that the games or gameplay is discussed.
While I can understand if one doesn't like the playstyle of them, it's just that- the games are just not for you, but (at their best) they're good in their own way and appeal to some people.

It's alright, not really the continuation of two I would like but it has its moments. More a shame that it's canon is its biggest flaw. Since the story is even more ludicrous than it should be for the series sans DC3.

I actually am planning to play Dino Stalker and Resident Evil Gun Survivor 2 pretty soon.

I actually liked Deam Aim, and though Survivor was okay, better than expected but not quite good, so I'm curious where my thoughts on these two titles will lie.

It's not bad, but Dead Aim is definitely way better.
You are the only fan I know to be honest. What a dead series it is.
You don't gonna remind me. I don't even have fan art to express my sadness that hasn't already been seen in here.

Dusk Golem

All this talk about Dino Crisis reminds me I hope Capcom ports those to Steam someday. Dino Crisis 1 & 2 are actually quite good.

And then my mind went to other companies, and I was saddened to realize I live in the reality where Silent Hill Homecoming is the only Silent Hill game on Steam. And Konami is now shit, and the older games are totally never going to ever come to Steam most likely.

If Silent Hill 1-4 came to Steam, or hell, Shattered Memories and Downpour too but to a lesser extent, I'd buy so many copies and gift them around.

dex3108

For some strange reason DS4 doesn't work in Batman AK if you connect it via Bluetooth. Gamepad works and latency is good but as soon as game starts you can;t use gamepad.

Arthea

but I never said anything bad about games themselves! and even that jab at a fanbase is a joke, several sanic threads on gaf used to creep me out, that's all.
I understand how that could be annoying to you, being a fan and all, but it's not my fault games aren't talked much about, c'mon.

Jawmuncher

All this talk about Dino Crisis reminds me I hope Capcom ports those to Steam someday. Dino Crisis 1 & 2 are actually quite good.

And then my mind went to other companies, and I was saddened to realize I live in the reality where Silent Hill Homecoming is the only Silent Hill game on Steam.

Really hope Capcom pushes more on their old catalog. As for Silent Hill, why we never got Downpour at least is beyond me. That game is even unreal engine.

Maybe slight spoilers for Batman Arkham Knight:

Anyone knows how to destroy
the wodden barricades, that are housing some Riddler things. I mean I cant destroy them since they are in the air and also cant destroy them with this rope thing.

Tizoc

I actually liked Deam Aim, and thought Survivor was okay, better than expected but not quite good, so I'm curious where my thoughts on these two titles will lie.

It's alright, not really the continuation of two I would like but it has its moments. More a shame that it's canon is its biggest flaw. Since the story is even more ludicrous than it should be for the series sans DC3.

It's not bad, but Dead Aim is definitely way better.

You don't gonna remind me. I don't even have fan art to express my sadness that hasn't already been seen in here.

The thing Capcom is worried about is that even if they manage to get DC1 and 2 to run fine on modern PCs, the old 90s style 3D models may appear unappealing. Personally I don't mind them, we got lots of ye olde 90s/early 2000s PC games with blocky-like models and they're still well recieved and IMO, DC's models are fine for the era they're from and still look good to me.
I wouldn't mind getting both for like $10 or whereabouts.

Say Jaw is Dino Survivor's story any more absurd than Prehistoric Isle which had a friggin gigantic T-rex that spat fireballs at you?

Jawmuncher

Maybe slight spoilers for Batman Arkham Knight:

Anyone knows how to destroy
the wodden barricades, that are housing some Riddler things. I mean I cant destroy them since they are in the air and also cant destroy them with this rope thing.

dont you pull those down with the batmobile?
There should be a vantage point somewhere.

Tizoc

get ready to link your Steam Account with your Nintendo Account for the exciting multiplayer thrill that is Devil's Third!

edit: y'all are going quite insane and that is coming from me, in other words y'all prolly 'bout to get morning bussed

More like Devil's Turd. :p

Seeing as the multiplayer is the best part of the game I'm rather looking forward to it.

And then my mind went to other companies, and I was saddened to realize I live in the reality where Silent Hill Homecoming is the only Silent Hill game on Steam. And Konami is now shit, and the older games are totally never going to ever come to Steam most likely.

If Silent Hill 1-4 came to Steam, or hell, Shattered Memories and Downpour too but to a lesser extent, I'd buy so many copies and gift them around.

I think the big issue with SH2-4 is the voice acting, if someone could Blackmail Konamisalami into throwing the cash to get the voice acting ish covered, even the original PC games released digitally would be fine since there are mods that effectively improve them.

I mean heck don't we all still use DSFix with Dark Souls 1 on PC?

Grief.exe

Really hope Capcom pushes more on their old catalog. As for Silent Hill, why we never got Downpour at least is beyond me. That game is even unreal engine.

That was back when Konami didn't port games to PC with any regularity. Japanese publishers have historically been bad about gauging global markets. They looked internally and wrote off PC gaming, now they are years LTTP.

Dusk Golem

Capcom in fairness is far, far, FAR better at this than most Japanese companies. I have more faith in it maybe eventually happening. They seem to be mostly focused on the Resident Evil series right now, which is fine by me and it looks like pretty soon every main RE title will be on Steam in some form (once REmake 2 is out we'll have a version of RE2 on Steam, only leaving RE3 and Code Veronica), but they also own the Dino Crisis and Clock Tower/Haunting Ground IPs, I hope they will do something with them... Though the chances look slim. It's a shame since Dino Crisis and Clock Tower/Haunting Ground are horror ips that are very good and even without releasing a new title, I think could find some success with their cult statuses.

I think we all know why Silent Hill Downpour never came to a Steam, and it starts with a K. A shame, as I actually quite liked Downpour, it's one of those games that has a mixture of good and bad elements in it, but the good for me far outweighed the bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.

Jawmuncher

The thing Capcom is worried about is that even if they manage to get DC1 and 2 to run fine on modern PCs, the old 90s style 3D models may appear unappealing. Personally I don't mind them, we got lots of ye olde 90s/early 2000s PC games with blocky-like models and they're still well recieved and IMO, DC's models are fine for the era they're from and still look good to me.
I wouldn't mind getting both for like $10 or whereabouts.

Say Jaw is Dino Survivor's story any more absurd than Prehistoric Isle which had a friggin gigantic T-rex that spat fireballs at you?

If they priced them similar to the PSN games I think it would be fine. But I guess more work would be required then just dumping the old games on steam if they wanted to do it. As for the story it's just s lot of crazy time travel with super Dinos mixed in. On its own it's not bad, just different than what DC1&2 had shown.

dont you pull those down with the batmobile?
There should be a vantage point somewhere.

No. There are some that you can not access yet and if I try to destroy them with the range explosion (not from the batmobile, that cant access those areas), he always says he needs to stand next to it.

In Arkham City you could use this rope thrower to destroy it, but somehow this time he just stops before the barrier.

Arthea

I thought because it's not a good game and would fail on steam too?
I haven't played it, but I heard a lot of complaints how bad it is from SH fans.

Jawmuncher

No. There are some that you can not access yet and if I try to destroy them with the range explosion (not from the batmobile, that cant access those areas), he always says he needs to stand next to it.

In Arkham City you could use this rope thrower to destroy it, but somehow this time he just stops before the barrier.

Hmmm no clue then on that. Don't recall running into those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom