• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Sonic count as horror?

6Irg6zQ.gif

So, anyone got their eyes on anything for the Halloween Sale? From previous years, I find if there's certain horror games you want to buy sometimes the Halloween Sale is best for them, a number of horror-related titles go on sale a lot cheaper during the sale than the following Winter Sale, in my experience.

Zombie Atom Smasher ...was on my list of games to keep an eye out for, since I'd been wanting it after loving the demo and then patently missing every sale or bundle it's been in... until I realized that at some point I picked it up? And it's currently in my library, having not been played?

My brain is seriously going.

Evil Within for like... $5 :D

I can get behind this bloke.

Tizoc

Only if you're talking about Sonic 06 or Sonic Boom. :p Well there is Sonic.EXE but unless you think Sonic plushies flying out of your TV is scary... :p

Speaking of '06, Did you know gaming are likely working on a video about it XP

Classic Tails plush is cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute
Sonic-Anniversary-Plush-Figure----pTRU1-14872439dt.jpg

Does Sonic count as horror?

Your avatar is horror :V

But nah if the Genesis/MD classic games go on sale for a good cheap price I'd def. pick them up seeing as their emulation is good.

Unleashed mod fo Generations looks really good, and I'm in the mood for Sonic 3 lately.

Phinor

They promise performance improvements but I wonder if it's worth re-installing. Previously it was nearly unplayable at 2560x1440 and their optimizations only mention 720p and 1080p. Obviously it will help at higher resolutions too but if they concentrated their efforts on lower resolutions, it might still run like crap.

Then there's the fact that the gameplay was fine 15-20 years ago but it really doesn't impress in 2015..

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is there anything leaked for today's sale?
Any idea what will be discounted?

I think I can tell you nothing that isn't Halloween-y themed in some way. And probably a lot of Halloween-y themed games, so probably anything that's horror/dark/spooky, or having some Halloween event going on.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Paradox Buys White Wolf – Including World Of Darkness and Vampire The Masquerade – From CCP

Developing: Swedish publisher Paradox has purchased “White wolf and all properties” from EVE Online firm CCP – effectively putting paid to the latter’s long-planned release of a World Of Darkness MMO. This also means that Paradox now owns Vampire: The Masquerade.

Paradox’s Shams Jorjani revealed the news on Twitter, saying that “We’ve been huge fans of the white wolf IPs for a long time especially World of Darkness/Vampire. Gonna be great to give it some fresh blood” and confirming that the purchase “includes everything.”

More to follow.

Dusk Golem

I want RE6 to hit $10 or less :/

You'll very likely get you wish, RE6 has been $9.99 in the past.

(Also, screw the haters, RE6 is a pretty solid co-op action-horror game, not scary, but it has some really fun moments and mechanics when you learn them. Its campaign is bloated, but I think worth playing. It's a game that gets better the more into it you get.)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Okay now, listen to me Paradox. You know those guys who made Pillars of Eternity? You published that game remember? Let them make a Vampire TM game, alright? I will buy it.
kthxbye

Tizoc

(Also, screw the haters, RE6 is a pretty solid co-op action-horror game, not scary, but it has some really fun moments and mechanics when you learn them. Its campaign is bloated, but I think worth playing. It's a game that gets better the more into it you get.)

RE5 and RE6 are games I want to play co-op actually, since that's the best way to play them.
Lost Planet 2 still has offline co-op despite being GFWL right?

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/1eDzMtq.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

that's wicked, Nep Nep is not like that, Nep Nep is light and fun of gaming industry

[quote="lashman, post: 183373461"][URL="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/29/paradox-white-wolf/"]Paradox Buys White Wolf – Including World Of Darkness and [B]Vampire The Masquerade[/B] – From CCP[/URL][/QUOTE]

wait what? Is it true?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I was pretty surprised at how solid the combat mechanics were when I played with you for that short time. I went into the Merc's mode to get a better handle on it afterwards and ended up playing for a good while.

Oh well, PM me for the key, it's been like 20mins.

Rules:

• One ping only er... key
  • Don't reply in the thread, for reals.
  • First in best dressed.

Choice of:

Super Splatters
StarMade
Skulls of the Shogun
Symphony
Insurgency
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY
Abyss Odyssey

Dusk Golem

RE5 and RE6 are games I want to play co-op actually, since that's the best way to play them.
Lost Planet 2 still has offline co-op despite being GFWL right?

Definitely the best way to play both, they're co-op games through and through, can be played single player but co-op is a lot of fun.

LP2 still has online co-op too actually to my knowledge, unless there's something I'm unaware of. I played 4-player co-op with three friends on it earlier this year.

I was pretty surprised at how solid the combat mechanics were when I played with you for that short time. I went into the Merc's mode to get a better handle on it afterwards and ended up playing for a good while.

It doesn't explain them much, Mercenaries a bit is the best way to experiment with them. I wouldn't mind resuming sometime, though will be busy the next couple months.

The campaign for RE6 is an extremely mixed bag. It's actually a super long campaign, beating all four campaigns takes about 18-25 hours, and there's actually very little repeats besides cross-over sections. Besides that, the game has a surprising variety of monsters and scenarios it throws at you. The problem is the scenarios range all over in quality. XD; Some parts are really good, and some parts are really bad.

Everyone loves Leon's campaign, but for some reason his is my least favorite. It has things I loathe in it which the other campaigns don't have (forced walking sections), the most dull story (RE6 doesn't have a good story, but his is the most dull by far), the worst bosses, some of the most dragged-out stages, and its not even really horror-y (ironically I think a few moments in Chris and Jake's campaigns are more horror-esque than anything in Leon's campaign). I do like parts of Leon's campaign (Chapter 1 once you get out to the city streets is pretty cool, parts of Chapter 2 are good and I love Leon's Chapter 4), but I never understood how you could like Leon's campaign but really hate Chris and Jake's (though to both of those campaigns, I will say this, their second halves are much better than their first halves).

Dusk Golem

I actually feel like some of the 'creepy Sonic fandom' stuff is forced, not all of it, but certain parts to feed into itself, for example the weird Shadow x Shrek pictures I can't think of as anything but people playing it up.

But I think the Sonic fan base gets a bit much in the worst department by people picking out some of the weird stuff from it. On the other hand, Sonic's fan base actually has a lot of creative people in it, and they output some very high quality stuff as well from what I know and have a high number of high-quality fan games, modders, modding scenes, and more.

Don't go there steamGAF please.,

To be fair, Halloween is a-coming.

Tizoc

no, no it isn't, if gaf taught me anything, that's the case.

Then let me teach you something else- There are fans of the Sonic series right here on GAF, there's a Sonic series community thread right here on GAF, and there are fans who actually enjoy the series' best games and can discuss them in a fine manner.
So if you're gonna lump me and the fellow GAFfers who enjoy and discuss the series with the others, then dude...why you such a jerk man? What'd we ever do you?

Then let me teach you something else- There are fans of the Sonic series right here on GAF, there's a Sonic series community thread right here on GAF, and there are fans who actually enjoy the series' best games and can discuss them in a fine manner.
So if you're gonna lump me and the fellow GAFfers who enjoy and discuss the series with the others, then dude...why you such a jerk man? What'd we ever do you?

no one said that Tizoc

Arthea

That's not what I had in mind, that all fanbase is like that, far from it, but rather how it looks like it, meaning it has significant number of creeps, or very active creeps.
No need to take it so seriously too.

I'm a huge fan of Sonic. I love Sonic, maybe a bit too much.

do you post creepy pics of sanic and co. everywhere you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom