• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Just love some of the comments on this thread lol. Complaining even though Rocksteady don't have to support their product, but choose to do anyway. Had this been EA or any other publishing house, they would tell the fans to fuck off as they made their money months ago.

MtZ9N.gif

Can you activate the nuuvem Batman AK season pass with a VPN and then play it normally or is it completely locked down and unplayable without staying connected?

Wat? I don't understand this gif at all. Is there an explanation behind it, or why you used something relating to Uncharted 3 in reference to Rocksteady/AK.

Frost I can understand you not liking Trails in the Sky, opinions after all but, turning around and recommending Nep...
Nope not gonna get annoyed. You are to like what you want to like.

★★★★★ post.

Ha, see, I like your attitude. You're reasonable.

For me, the combat style is enough alone to put NepNep ahead.
But beyond that, NepNep is a parody and it knows it, which is alright by me and may even prove amusing at times... Trails on the other hand is a normal story where the kind of "anime jokes" it uses at times just doesn't vibe with me.

But again, you should be commended for your reasonable attitude.
I'm all for people "liking what they are wont to like"... I just don't want it shoved in my face left and right. ;)

Brunettes > Redheads YOLO

You're in the doghouse now.

Just claim he's drunk.

That's not the Ningen I know.

"Love makes us do strange things." Obviously.

Miff

It's painful seeing SC up for sale, I'm trying to wait for the (PSP)Vita version to appear on EU PSN (2 weeks?). Gotta have that portability.

Legend fo heroes

And nah, reasonably priced, considering all things :V

Debatable. Though maybe they should've offered a small loyalty discount to owners of FC.

SC i sup!

BUuuuy

No.

Can you activate the nuuvem Batman AK season pass with a VPN and then play it normally or is it completely locked down and unplayable without staying connected?

Normally, JaseC would tell you "VPN activation is fine for keys", I think. And it might be... (there's a flag you have to check which indicates that it has the runtime check on your locale, but alas, AK doesn't have this I believe).

The problem here is that sometimes DLC can be restricted to work on only copies from a certain region -- that, I don't know how to check... or if it applies to PC games as it does to console games. The season pass you get from nuuvem is definitely region locked, I just don't know that it will work on "any" sub for the main game.

I'm not sure where my SP came from, but I think it was ROW, otherwise I would've have been able to activate without VPN, so I can't test it out for you, unfortunately.

No discount for owners of TiTS 1?

Apparently I'm not the only one who thought they might do this? Shame they didn't. If they gave a launch week discount + loyalty discount for owning FC, I'm sure they'd get some people who think $30 is too steep to hop right in to buy it for $25 or less.

Bye.

Unless they changed it, the Season Pass is ROW. Was no VPN required at all when I activated it in the US.

I just looked at steamdb and there is definitely a region specific Season Pass package for Brazil.
Here's the app: https://steamdb.info/app/367480/
And here's the sub: https://steamdb.info/sub/70933/

Hate to ask here, but has anyone run into an issue where they can't download anything (games or updates) from Steam?

I've done some research and tried everything I could find which includes
  1. Switch my regional center
  2. Delete everything from my steam directory other than steam.exe and the steamapps directory
  3. Flush my steam config using the command line argument
  4. Restarting my PC

None of these fix the problem. Everything reads as nothing going on from both a network and disk usage perspective. It's pretty frustrating.

Thanks Se7en for the late birthday Present of SC. :).
Ha, see, I like your attitude. You're reasonable.

For me, the combat style is enough alone to put NepNep ahead.
But beyond that, NepNep is a parody and it knows it, which is alright by me and may even prove amusing at times... Trails on the other hand is a normal story where the kind of "anime jokes" it uses at times just doesn't vibe with me.

But again, you should be commended for your reasonable attitude.
I'm all for people "liking what they are wont to like"... I just don't want it shoved in my face left and right. ;)

You're a cool dude Frost. I get what you mean, I guess the combat has gotten much better in recent games. I am just not a fan of all of Neps comedy stylings, although Ill admit I have laughed at some stuff. Maybe Arthea's hyping was a bit much.

O-okay ;_;

Thanks Se7en for the late birthday Present of SC. :).
You're a cool dude Frost. I get what you mean, I guess the combat has gotten much better in recent games. I am just not a fan of all of Neps comedy stylings, although Ill admit I have laughed at some stuff. Maybe Arthea's hyping was a bit much.
Hey, you're not supposed to post about it!

And yes. Frosty is awesome!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Pathologic HD is also now available, launch discount still active for the next 30 minutes!

Shame they launched it so close to the halloween sale or I'd probably have jumped on it right away.

Hate to ask here, but has anyone run into an issue where they can't download anything (games or updates) from Steam?

2. Delete everything from my steam directory other than steam.exe and the steamapps directory

None of these fix the problem. Everything reads as nothing going on from both a network and disk usage perspective. It's pretty frustrating.
Did you try restarting your PC?

Costia

Are betas shared thorough steam's faimly sharing as well?
I own Wolfenstein so I should get the doom beta. Will my friend be able to play the beta as well?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-1F47E85EC4F1E4E7 - Taken by chronomac

Salsa

gross.

Don't you dare gift it to me.

I know, right?

If it were the kernel, I should think more people on the Internet would be raging about it, but you're the only person I've seen mention it, so I think your note of unlikely is right -- which means it's a device driver. Once you figure out which one, you definitely have options.

You could write your own, first and foremost. It's been done before and I'm sure it will be done again. Hopefully a nice guy ends up writing it though, because back in the day, people who did that sometimes used to charge for them. (I recall some ALSA sound driver for linux needed for my Turtle Beach card back in the late 90s... it was the only way I could get sound in linux and as a poor college student, forking over the $40+ they wanted for it wasn't really an option.)

But beyond that, if you know the device that's causing your memory leak and you don't want to write your own driver to fix said leak, you could always just replace the hardware and your problem will be solved! (Side note: you seem really miffed at MS for this leak of yours, but if it's a device driver causing it, then it may not be MS's fault here.) :p

Nope. Only worth $6.48. Sorry, wait for a better sale. (It's been cheaper before and that was with the season pass, I think.)

Your typical xbox player seems to be more towards shootbangs and sports titles than JRPGs or Japan developed games in general. There are a few franchises that probably buck the trend, but generally speaking (at least from the PS3 vs x360 audience of "last-gen") .

So if you're developing a game with console as the target audience (as most games are these days), why would you waste resources (money, time, staff) working on putting the game on a platform where it won't move a lot of units. Games like Final Fantasy, when they went multiplatform, at least had brand recognition and were established franchises, but Nier -- as you point out -- was a niche type game that was a "cult" sort of hit... if Sony and SE were smart, they'd be partnered to bring the game to the platform much like the Capcom/FROM stuff... (though the Capcom SFV example has a PC port with cross play)...

I'm sure they did the math and figured that the outlook for developing the game and publishing it on playstation alone made the most sense when it was greenlighted. If there's nothing preventing Nier 2 from going to other platforms, they may port it to X1/PC down the line if it make sense financially, I'd guess.

Man, you are really bitter about that leak.

While it is probably better than Star Citizen for a person like me who isn't into the whole "space exploration" genre, there's no way it's better than the other 3... the wait for this game has clearly driven you insane.

I hope it lives up to your hype though. Enjoy it! (But don't expect me to! :p)

Sidenote: Isn't it going to bug the hell out of you that you will probably never get to play TC at this point? It'd be like watching Episode 4 and 5 of Star Wars and then never seeing Return of the Jedi... (though Empire is the only film I really liked out of the 3, probably due to George Lucas not writing or directing it... so if there is a parallel here, maybe I would like SC... yikes).

Doubt it.

Agreed.

This for example.

I got more than my $5 out of playing through the original with Ningen. Surprised they're doing a sequel though.

Probably beaten by now, but maybe: Cryostasis

but its nothing like those games..? its spelunky in space

also idk what TC is

but given the double quote idk if you were talking to me

4. Restarting my PC

Have you tried port forwarding? Have you checked your firewall?

Also, make sure "allow downloads during gameplay" option under the downloads tab is ticked in the settings.

chronomac

How do I send an email gift via modbot?

Stuck at the recipient part on steam. >_>

Email it to yourself then copy the link into a PM. You can leave off the ? and stuff after.

You'll get https ://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/randomcode?redeemer=person%40email.com and you can copy over https ://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/randomcode into a PM to ModBot and paste it after the "Game -" part of the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom