• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Van Helsing Final Cut isn't a buggy piece of shit tomorrow, going to try to get my brothers to play it once we get through Diablo 3 again and Reaper of Souls.

Also kind of disappointed that Dropsy still isn't fixed so I can play it. My Clicker Heroes fix stopped working recently and now I've got nothing.
Path of Exile is the answer to all of your woes.

Monooboe

Should get the RAM to my computer today (mistakingly ordered the wrong kind), can't wait to start... downloading huge ass games.XD What was verdict on Wolfenstein Old Blood here? I'm quite looking forward to that one.

zkylon

zkylewd
144 hours, finished witcha 3

loved the game, it's fantastic, i loved the short rdr-esque epilogue at the end, and i loved all the character development parts leading up to it, it was great and very different from the usual way we've grown used to fantasy stories develop in games. they really nailed that ellie thing of ciri actually being incredibly likable and they sell her relationship with geralt really really well, it's awesome. loved all of that, the story is super satisfying with a lot of cool moments and a lot of great side quests too. i really loved how the more politics related side quests made you feel like you almost wish you didn't actually take them, they put you in situations of making tough decisions that actually feel like you brought them on yourself. and it's not even like choosing the lesser evil, there's a lot of nuance to all of those choices which is what makes them so difficult.

so story stuff, it's all great, i wish we were given a few more fallout slides and i wish triss had gotten more screentime, and some other annoyances, but for the most part it's the strongest stuff like usual

i also enjoyed running around doing quests a whole lot, placing your own marker on a location that looks cool and going there and finding a razed village in the way with tracks you can follow which lead to a quest that have big monsters to kill in it and lots of tragic mystical stories in it is fantastic. but there's so much of it that feels excessive and repetitive. yes, pretty much all the quests have something interesting about them, usually in their story, but they're all also very simple and feel like a tale you're being told with maybe a choice at the end. contracts are similar, they had custom models and bestiary entries for a lot of those contracts, but in the end they pretty much play the same, batman mode into a cave, kill that slightly stronger version of a regular enemy.

i don't think the quality is necessarily worse than in witcha 2, but i think it could've been better had there been just less of everything. witcha 1 and 2 weren't necessarily linear games, in fact i think they were a lot like witcha 3 in how they were laid out, they were just smaller.

gonna get the season pass, excited to see what they come up with next, very excited for cyberpunk numbers.

well 59 hours of gameplay later and I finally beat mgs5!! spoilers for mission 45:
I'm highly upset that I flat out lose quiet though, is there a way to get her back? regret doing that mission now, it wasn't even fun :(
I'm not gonna lie, i sort of liked the ending (when you include 51 cause without it the ending is just like "thats it?") Jaw said that I would know what the 3rd cut location would be and my best guess is the ch 51 spoilers:
the island where this episode takes place in

will listen to the remaining cassettes tomorrow, I'm off to bed now.

bigzgod

well 59 hours of gameplay later and I finally beat mgs5!! spoilers for mission 45:
I'm highly upset that I flat out lose quiet though, is there a way to get her back? regret doing that mission now, it wasn't even fun :(
I'm not gonna lie, i sort of liked the ending (when you include 51 cause without it the ending is just like "thats it?") Jaw said that I would know what the 3rd cut location would be and my best guess is the ch 51 spoilers:
the island where this episode takes place in

will listen to the remaining cassettes tomorrow, I'm off to bed now.

Yes, there is. It involves editing the data1.dat file with MGSV QAR Tool.

Link to thread containing the details: Link

Damn im super excited for Mafia III. Im glad theyre bringing Vito back too.
its a damn shame what they did to Joe though at the end of II

Sylvio seems pretty okay so far, it does some unique stuff with EMP's and atmosphere is pretty good but damn is it a ugly ass game, usually I can overlook a games visual presentation but this game is Rough™ with a capital R and the trademark symbol. I'm probably going to finish it because the cool stuff it does out weighs the bad. Although I have had 3 game breaking bugs, causing me to have to force quit.

Momentary

Banned
I know that this is more of the same shit, but I'm hoping that this will bring the PS4 version Neptunia VII to STEAM. I want to play as those Capcom and Square Enix based characters.

ss_a4d0d8b7c370f3eaa2a73d3814c82a53346a812f.1920x1080.jpg

Why do I keep coming back to these mediocre anime game? It's because it runs so well and Idea Factory provides fantastic customer support. That's why. *Looks at Koei Tecmo*

He's just talking about the winter sale... there is nothing else he could be talking about. (builds up emotional walls.)

It might just be when he starts working there. I assume that's what it is. It seems like a weird place for him he likes his mechanics heavy game based off Trenched and Massive Chalice, but I don't see him working on any of Valve's IPs. Maybe he's doing something new for them. I'm probably talking out my ass.

Turfster

It might just be when he starts working there. I assume that's what it is. It seems like a weird place for him he likes his mechanics heavy game based off Trenched and Massive Chalice, but I don't see him working on any of Valve's IPs. Maybe he's doing something new for them. I'm probably talking out my ass.

winter sale game. believe.

Hektor

i don't think massive chalice felt rushed, just that not all of its ideas were solid and that some systems needed fleshing out more, so i dunno, maybe

i think it's a pretty good game, among the best double fine has made, but it could use an expansion and a few balance patches, but since i figure it didn't sell very well that's not really gonna happen

What it really needs is a way to speed up the animations imho. They drag on for so long. Animations take about 3 seconds to finish and then you have another 3 secoconds where you cant click on anything else because the game is still blocked by the animation. That made this game feel a bit like a chore.

Bruh... did you really miss the chance to call it a Katy Parry stick?

Damn. That was good.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I hope it's worth the migration for him. Brad's childlike enthusiasm is a nice breath of fresh air and I'd hate for him to get to Valve only to run into a bit of a brick wall. Over and over.

Metal Gear Online is P2P and has no host migration.

giphy.gif

Kinda sad but not entirely unexpected. I keep hoping that the MGO3 team will address PC players at some point, assuring us that they're working on a more acceptable online solution. But... considering we're also going to be missing out on simple features that could be integrated at the Steamworks level, I won't get my hopes up. Already uninstalled MGSV and don't think I'll be looking back for a long time.

zkylon

zkylewd
What it really needs is a way to speed up the animations imho. They drag on for so long. Animations take about 3 seconds to finish and then you have another 3 secoconds where you cant click on anything else because the game is still blocked by the animation. That made this game feel a bit like a chore.
don't remember being too bothered about that tbh, but maybe

i mostly felt like out-of-combat stuff was too much busywork. just keeping track of all the clans and simple stuff like outfitting your soldiers was pretty annoying when after they get old and die after three or four fights and you gotta replace them and do it all over again

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished Transformers Devastation
on PS4
and it was absolutely fantastic. My only complaint would be the game's length, since it took me about 5 hours to finish the game, but I was also playing on "easy" and I missed a shitload of collectibles - like 90% of them apparently. Lots of replay-ability since you can replay the entire game as a number of different classic Autobots, and leveling up your character and equipment with it's RPG-lite features is also pretty satisfying and great. And of course for the ultimate Platinum Games fans, it would take a while (I imagine) to get the highest rank on every mission in on the hardest difficulty. But I know a lot of you are in to that.

For me personally, it's not worth the $50 price tag (I rented it for $2) but I'll definitely be picking this up when it goes on sale, probably the PC version since I hear the port is pretty decent. But for fans of this type of game I could easily recommend it at this price as the game's got a lot of content for those who are willing to go looking for it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-BDBAF1045EE0733A - Taken by shockdude - Taken by PetriP-TNT

Deques

I know that this is more of the same shit, but I'm hoping that this will bring the PS4 version Neptunia VII to STEAM. I want to play as those Capcom and Square Enix based characters.

I am really confused with Nep-nep game numbering. Is this the fourth game in the series or the seventh game?

Hopefully Van Helsing Final Cut isn't a buggy piece of shit tomorrow, going to try to get my brothers to play it once we get through Diablo 3 again and Reaper of Souls.

I can't remember finding any of them particularly buggy, just poorly optimised and having ridiculous download sizes. They were more than 20GB each! It could be 50GB+ for the complete game.

Deitus

I am really confused with Nep-nep game numbering. Is this the fourth game in the series or the seventh game?

Not counting spinoffs and remakes, it's the fourth. The VII is because it is a sequel to Hyperdimension Neptunia V (the V stands for victory, not 5). And yeah, it's only slightly less confusing than Kingdom Hearts naming/numbering.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Whats the cheapest you can get Life is strang from now and when is the last episode coming out?

Is there any deal? shows that Gamesplanet DE/FR/UK is selling the whole season for 25% off, not many deals elsewhere at the moment. The final episode will be released on October 20th, as per a tweet sent out this morning. They'd issued a statement late last month claiming they wanted to meet that date, but now it seems officially locked in.

Deques

Not counting spinoffs and remakes, it's the fourth. The VII is because it is a sequel to Hyperdimension Neptunia V (the V stands for victory, not 5). And yeah, it's only slightly less confusing than Kingdom Hearts naming/numbering.

So VII is in fact V-2, but fourth in the series? That's really confusing for those who are new to the series, like me

Is there any deal? shows that Gamesplanet DE/FR/UK is selling the whole season for 25% off, not many deals elsewhere at the moment. The final episode will be released on October 20th, as per a tweet sent out this morning. They'd issued a statement late last month claiming they wanted to meet that date, but now it seems officially locked in.

What about Nuuvem? I thought its like 8$ or sth. there, but cant check it right now.

Dr Dogg

I just finished Transformers Devastation
on PS4
and it was absolutely fantastic. My only complaint would be the game's length, since it took me about 5 hours to finish the game, but I was also playing on "easy" and I missed a shitload of collectibles - like 90% of them apparently. Lots of replay-ability since you can replay the entire game as a number of different classic Autobots, and leveling up your character and equipment with it's RPG-lite features is also pretty satisfying and great. And of course for the ultimate Platinum Games fans, it would take a while (I imagine) to get the highest rank on every mission in on the hardest difficulty. But I know a lot of you are in to that.

For me personally, it's not worth the $50 price tag (I rented it for $2) but I'll definitely be picking this up when it goes on sale, probably the PC version since I hear the port is pretty decent. But for fans of this type of game I could easily recommend it at this price as the game's got a lot of content for those who are willing to go looking for it.

Good to hear. Granted while I don't speak for everyone but myself and a few of the other character action freaks generally like to replay these types of games over and over again to really get a handle on the games intricacies, gather up all the collectables and unlockables as well as beat them on all their difficulties. Then that's the tutorial over and it's on to either the games challenge modes or go through the main game again and try for perfect rankings on every stage.

For example I played through OG Bayonetta about 10 times, Rising on PS3 about 6 (still need to crack on with it on PC) and The Wonderful 101 is my most played WiiU titles at something like 90 odd hours and I'm still missing stuff on that. For me they usually provide good value for money, even at full price, but I understand not everyone is going to do that.

I'm guessing third going by what's been released so far.

Deitus

So VII is in fact V-2, but fourth in the series? That's really confusing for those who are new to the series, like me

You are correct, and yes it is confusing. And just so I don't further contribute to the confusion, I was talking about V-2 because that was what was in the quoted part that you responded to, but the image Rayge posted was from V-1 (or the remake anyway), which should be coming to Steam soon. V-2 is so far only on PS4, and hasn't been released yet in the West.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What about Nuuvem? I thought its like 8$ or sth. there, but cant check it right now.

Unavailable for my area (guess they locked it after I already bought a copy to gift out from there), but if you're able to buy from it, they're asking $2.72 for the first episode and $8.30 for the season pass. So if Nuuvem is an option, you'd only be paying $11.02.

Unavailable for my area (guess they locked it after I already bought a copy to gift out from there), but if you're able to buy from it, they're asking $2.72 for the first episode and $8.30 for the season pass. So if you're able to buy from them, you'd only be paying $11.02.

Thanks. Gotta check it out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom