• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

You are correct, and yes it is confusing. And just so I don't further contribute to the confusion, I was talking about V-2 because that was what was in the quoted part that you responded to, but the image Rayge posted was from V-1 (or the remake anyway), which should be coming to Steam soon. V-2 is so far only on PS4, and hasn't been released yet in the West.

Yeah, I was asking about V-2. I knew that Rayge posted an image from V-1.
Btw, was there ever a beta testing for V-1? I don't remember if I ever applied for it

I keep getting the worst coupons ever when crafting badges. Does anyone ever get good coupons?

No one will even take them off my hands so I just gift them to the Trashbot. :/

Deques

I keep getting the worst coupons ever when crafting badges. Does anyone ever get good coupons?

No one will even take them off my hands so I just gift them to the Trashbot. :/

Maybe you should keep all the cards until the Winter Seal starts and then craft them to get winter card that you can sell or craft for a winter badge

Uzzy

So the Japanese website that had those Ultra costumes on had some other news about SFV.

Also the beta is from 22nd to 25th. The first two days is ps4 only while the cross play starts on the 24th. Looks like capcom fighters network could be a part of that too (replay and ranks). Necalli, Mika, Karin, Ken, Claw, Rashid will be playable.

SFV on PC this month!

Arthea

About those more games coming to PC from Sega, was there mentioned anywhere how many and is there something besides sanic?

I just bumbled into the Community Hub for AssCreed Syndicate. I think I need some bleach for my eyes and brain.

I never expected you to like living so dangerously.

That's how i've felt with almost every community hub

nah, you guys should stop visiting very popular or controversial games hubs and go to one where people are actually playing a game, trying to solve problems if there are any and talking to devs about improving the game.
OTOH, with that attitude, you probably better don't!

nah, you guys should stop visiting very popular or controversial games hubs and go to one where people are actually playing a game, trying to solve problems if there are any and talking to devs about improving the game.
OTOH, with that attitude, you probably better don't!

I did that with MGSV. When trying to solve problems, there were lots of dumb suggestions along with spoilers in them :/

Dr Dogg

That's how i've felt with almost every community hub

A few are alright. The one for Road Not Taken was very civilised, the devs were there to help folks out with some tips and tricks, I posted in there a few times helping folks out with dual GPU setup and graphics corruption. But most hubs are full of ignorant and toxic peeps that I'm not surprised their 'demands' fall on deaf ears.

I never expected you to like living so dangerously.

I pressed it by mistake instead of the link to the DB page because I forgot I was on the Store page not the Community page :(

oh, so MGSV is not very popular game! who could have guessed?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. i referred to the latter part of your post, where people were actually trying to play a game and encountered problem with trying to run it. I had a bug that took me 5 days to resolve. In the end I didn't need their help at all and ended up getting requests to solve their problems.

A few are alright. The one for Road Not Taken was very civilised, the devs were there to help folks out with some tips and tricks, I posted in there a few times helping folks out with dual GPU setup and graphics corruption. But most hubs are full of ignorant and toxic peeps that I'm not surprised their 'demands' fall on deaf ears.

I pressed it by mistake instead of the link to the DB page because I forgot I was on the Store page no the Community page :(
Which is why I said almost every :p

Arthea

Which is why I said almost every :p
not that I checked all, but it's probably other way around, most hubs I visit are civilized and devs visit them what helps a lot in some cases. *shrugs*

Neat, I was wondering when this was coming.

The first one I didn't play before, this will be great.

the same for me, I haven't played this one, I'll have hard time deciding between it and Witcher, there is not so much of this year left already.

they could drop more hints, waiting is hard

It probably won't be RoF or Bayo or Yakuza, but what if it is?

I was thinking about maybe saving a few bucks and getting the Fallout 4 season pass from GMG later this month with whatever coupon code is active at the time, but would I have to wait until the first DLC is actually released to get the Steam key for it?

Dr Dogg

What is there to see?

Oh the usual 'Don't Preorder this shit!', 'Don't buy it because microtransactions, get angry', 'Why do consoles get this first' and various other manufactured outrage but pretty much every thread. You think those with no intrest in the game would even be bothered about it all but there they are to tell you how much they don't like it and that you shouldn't like it too. I don't know how these folks muster up the energy but then again I'm old and British so that might be the reason.

Vuze

Oh did I also hear that Transformers Devastation has resolution options for 3840x2160 but not 2560x1440? Oh Platinum.

Alright clever clogs!
It does? Pretty weird to go from 1080 straight to 4k but I guess they listened to the feedback, so good on them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was thinking about maybe saving a few bucks and getting the Fallout 4 season pass from GMG later this month with whatever coupon code is active at the time, but would I have to wait until the first DLC is actually released to get the Steam key for it?

There'll likely be a general Season Pass app, so the sub has something for people to register to their accounts in the absence of any actual content, in which case I imagine you'd get your key sooner rather than later.

Arthea

I think it doesn't affect season passes, they have "own" release date, inpsite of being nothing there to release, but I can be wrong about it, because I'm antiseasonpasses and don't buy them until I know what's in them, never preordered.
I guess that makes me unqualified to answer this question but I already typed so much, so as well can post

Oh the usual 'Don't Preorder this shit!', 'Don't buy it because microtransactions, get angry', 'Why do consoles get this first' and various other manufactured outrage but pretty much every thread. You think those with no intrest in the game would even be bothered about it all but there they are to tell you how much they don't like it and that you shouldn't like it too. I don't know how these folks muster up the energy but then again I'm old and British so that might be the reason.

You know how it is, popular hubs attract all kind of people like honey flies and ants with about the same effects, everything is ruined for everybody.

Dr Dogg

It does? Pretty weird to go from 1080 straight to 4k but I guess they listened to the feedback, so good on them.

According to some of the folks in the OT and *shudders* the Community hub. Hard coded though so won't use DSR and you'd probably have to set your system res to 3840x2160 to get it to be selectable. Funny thing is by doing it this way they're actually making it more work for themselves than just querying the OS for available resolutions and populate the list from that. I know the UI was coordinate locked in Rising but Dario managed to figure something out about that for his custom res tool but baby steps (or step at least). Might be worth shooting JP a PM and try and explain things and hope he can pass it along.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Dr Dogg

You know I remember when DICE used to send me closed alpha testing invites because I've pretty much played every game they've made extensively since 1942 but now they don't even send me load testing 'beta' invites despite some of my other mates I play BF with getting stuff sent to them. Guess I'll just have to wait like all the other plebs until tomorrow to see if Battlefront is going to be the latest time sink :(

Arthea

I'd like to know what Infinite Interactive is up to these days, they have been awfully quiet for a long time and doesn't have any game announced or in works, or maybe they are making a game, just we don't know anything about it.

You know i remember when DICE used to send me closed alpha testing invites because I've pretty much played every game they've made extensively since 1942 but now they don't even send me load testing 'beta' invites despite some of my other mates I play BF with getting stuff sent to them. Guess I'll just have to wait like all the other plebs until tomorrow to see if Battlefront is going to be the latest time sink :(

It's as if you don't have any games to play, am I right?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
is it really a future you want? is it?

I don't think I'll ever have both a PC capable of decent room-scale VR and a room big enough to use it in. I don't mind the concept but I can't see it taking off in a major way for a good few years yet.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
JaseC collection rate is a part of thermodynamics. It will never stop until the universe destructs due to entropy, though it's also fueling entropy.

Ozium

I thought JaseC said he was to stop buying games.

But them I am shown that he buys games and movies and software oh my

this is a twist

Arthea is exposing the coming of iashbot : / Or is Bernie the usurper to the throne

Arthea

Do i count as a game streamer when i used to stream Starcraft many years ago?

In your dreams, you do
maybe I count as a gaming press in the same fashion? I helped them to get greenlit too, that should count for something.

edited: I was just curious, would you guys buy all Yakuza games if for some reason Sega listens and releases them on steam and at what price point?

MadGear

So the Japanese website that had those Ultra costumes on had some other news about SFV.

SFV on PC this month!

I have yet to preorder the game, which I hate to do especially way in advance but I sure do want to have that early look at the PC version of the game. Well, at least places are selling it at more reasonable prices now (40-45€).

Milamber

edited: I was just curious, would you guys buy all Yakuza games if for some reason Sega listens and releases them on steam and at what price point?

If they properly ported them with HD graphics and proper graphical settings, I'd gladly pay $40-50 each title.

I have yet to preorder the game, which I hate to do especially way in advance but I sure do want to have that early look at the PC version of the game. Well, at least places are selling it at more reasonable prices now (40-45€).

Pre-order on Steam, play beta, refund. Easy done.

Keen Dreams. Busted as shit.

I can't run the game on my Win8 laptop. It completely locks up whenever I exit a menu or go into a level.

Goddammit. I really wanted to play this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom