• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryne

Just did the upgrade to W10 - anything I should be aware of or should be doing in terms of Steam/gaming?

ii8uvy2uu4ckrk4bvr.gif

Whats the context of this gif, I need it

Guess I'll see how the first one goes then. I was going to play Outlast after this but now I'm not so sure, lol.
Lol, if you can't finish A Machine for Pigs stay far away from Outlast. I was able to beat both Amnesia games(although I finished the first one when a cousin was visiting) and my heart couldn't take more than an hour of Outlast. It's being chased by horrible things in first person for several hours.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Sega Planning "String of High Quality PC Ports" of Older Games

Company planning to re-release games for the platform over the coming months and years.

Following the announcement of a Sonic: Lost World port for PC, Sega has said it intends to release more older titles for the platform in the "coming months and years."

"We're delighted to be able to bring Sonic Lost World to PC," said Sega Europe exec John Clark. "This is the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past Sega titles that we will be building on in the coming months and years."

(...)

In July 2015, Haruki Satomi, chief executive of Sega Games, said the company is now aiming to improve the quality of its games in hopes to make itself a valuable brand to video game audiences again.

"I've been talking to employees about how [Sega] should start putting serious consideration into quality from this point on," he said. "Particularly in North America and Europe, where it's always been more of a focus on schedules ... I believe that if we can't maintain quality, it would be better to not release anything at all."

He continued: "Sega in the '90s was known for its brand, but after that, we've lost trust, and we're left with nothing but reputation ... We'd like to win back the trust and become a brand once again."

In September 2013, Sega acquired bankrupted publisher Index Corporation, parent company of Atlus, developer of the Persona series. Atlus is continuing it game projects, one of which is Persona 5, with a team of 121 employees.

Although it was expected in 2015, Persona 5 has been delayed. The game will now debut on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in summer 2016.

Lol, if you can't finish A Machine for Pigs stay far away from Outlast. I was able to beat both Amnesia games(although I finished the first one when a cousin was visiting) and my heart couldn't take more than an hour of Outlast. It's being chased by horrible things in first person for several hours.

Great. I guess I should start researching horror games before buying them, lol.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My dumbass just realized Sonic Lost World didn't actually release yesterday, it was just announced to be released yesterday,

I was sort of worrying that it wasn't doing well and Sega would dial back their PC porting efforts.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I like how it actually says "High quality PC ports"

I mean, money will print itself. Steam is a golden ticket for good, nostalgic ports these days.

Grief.exe

People forget Sega had some cool games exclusive to the original Xbox, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi 1/2 (From Soft developed). Shenmue II as well, but that wasn't exclusive.

Anastasia

I just got into CSGO and decided to browse the community market and ... wut? Do people actually buy some of this stuff or are the really expensive items just like troll listings or something?
$400 for a gun?!

Fucking video games man.

I just got into CSGO and decided to browse the community market and ... wut? Do people actually buy some of this stuff or are the really expensive items just like troll listings or something?
$400 for a gun?!

Fucking video games man.

Yeah, people really do pay a lot of real world money for those cosmetic items. Some years ago a unusual hat for Team Fortress 2 sold for $1500.

$400 for a gun?!

Fucking video games man.
Yes, gambling with CS:GO skin is also a thing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The possibilities with Sega are endless really. And i mean yeah holy shit imagine if they somehow managed to release all the yakuza games. That would be pretty bonkers. Of course i feel too good to be true and never happen sadly.

I got a question about mgs5 if anyone knows the answer, ending spoilers ahead i guess if thats when my question is answered and I simply didn't realize it:

Remember when miller and ocelot call out Huey on betraying the boss and Huey points the finger at Miller saying that he was the one that betrayed big boss? It was never brought up again and Im curious, was it just Huey trying to deflect the attention away from him or did Miller actually betray BB in some way?

KarmaCow

I got a question about mgs5 if anyone knows the answer, ending spoilers ahead i guess if thats when my question is answered and I simply didn't realize it:

Remember when miller and ocelot call out Huey on betraying the boss and Huey points the finger at Miller saying that he was the one that betrayed big boss? It was never brought up again and Im curious, was it just Huey trying to deflect the attention away from him or did Miller actually betray BB in some way?

IIRC, in Peace Walker, Miller was working for or at least with Cipher, though this isn't a secret by MGSV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom