• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
man, not a hero is so strangely unfunny

like, it's going for a similar thing to super time force but it falls flat so damn hard it's painful

Sober

like, it's going for a similar thing to super time force but it falls flat so damn hard it's painful
The humour seems particularly tryhard to me. Like it's trying to be edgy or off-kilter but then has to go overboard with it.

ExoSoul

Banned

I'm curious, have you ever replayed a scene or are you saying this just going through the game?
Anyways, time for me to pass out, see you in a day or two.

Browsing around in steam discussions board is just worth it sometimes. :D
KJ7NDnf.jpg
Sex scene in Zestiria, who'd ever thought that?

It's kinda hilarious how people complain about the operations costing money when you can recoup the losses AND MORE in the first day or so. Of course you can only get Valve-money back, but that shouldn't be a problem if you use Steam, no?

I made like ~50 euros profit (as in minus 20 bucks for all the operation thingies) by just selling cases in Operation Breakout (/ playing for like 1 hour per day max)

FoneBone

A couple giveaways from the Indiegala midweek bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Postmortem: One Must Die (Extended Cut) -- MB-A8CD9378E4B94DF1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Metrocide -- MB-A5C8652CD8D72BDC - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1444292456z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
The humour seems particularly tryhard to me. Like it's trying to be edgy or off-kilter but then has to go overboard with it.
yeah, trying too hard, not doing anything for me

I'm curious, have you ever replayed a scene or are you saying this just going through the game?
Anyways, time for me to pass out, see you in a day or two.

just played the first few levels

aw350

Banned
more pretty girls coming to steam.

the mahjong games are okay if youre looking for a riichi game but it has no tutorial so you have to already know how to play. judging by the store page neither does this one but i'd wager a larger portion of steams audience is more familiar with poker than mahjong

http://store.steampowered.com/app/407720

what a time to be on steam.

Yeah. :-/

I would have bought that mahjong game if it had a tutorial. The girls are way too flashy for me, but I'd have lived with that.

But, seriously, I think the girls might be turning off as many potential buyers as they attract.

aw350

Banned
There was some talk about dinos a couple pages ago (plus chess)...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (aw350, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dino D-Day -- MB-E6D7CE86909D4290 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Fritz for Fun 13 -- MB-3A4D628062089680 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.

t1444285376z1.png

Still torn on whether I want Gal Civ III or Beyond Earth: Rising Tide on the cheap from GMG. Both about $20 right now with the discount code. Can only afford (and would have time to play) one at the moment.

Maniac

Banned
Yo bitches. Any of you know if Gamestop has Hearts of Stone? I want that fokken physical Gwent deck yo

And also Danish Gamestops are extra-retarded, it's great I tellsya.

Uzzy

Still torn on whether I want Gal Civ III or Beyond Earth: Rising Tide on the cheap from GMG. Both about $20 right now with the discount code. Can only afford (and would have time to play) one at the moment.

Personally I didn't care for Beyond Earth at all, but I know nothing about RT, and if that changes things. I'd go for Gal Civ III.

Maniac

Banned
the dude at the very least is ambitious with his games, even if the final product doesn't match that ambition. Trenched was a cool thing, a coop tower defense mech game with a loot hook to it. And Massive Chalice was decent enough.

Valve is the ideal place for someone like that. Unlimited means for experimenting as much as one would like and incredibly talented developers to match the games' actual quality to the ambition of it's goals and design.

And also he told me on twitter he'll still make games and not hats.

dex3108

Valve is the ideal place for someone like that. Unlimited means for experimenting as much as one would like and incredibly talented developers to match the games' actual quality to the ambition of it's goals and design.

And also he told me on twitter he'll still make games and not hats.

Yeah he will make Sale games like that summer clicker game XD

P.S. Another Steam app update on Android. Nothing new as far as I saw. I also noticed that there is no way to mark games for download from app only from web.

Arthea

Vanquish and Bayonetta, skip the rest.

why would you say such a horrible thing? you used to be cool, what happened?

Yeah. :-/

I would have bought that mahjong game if it had a tutorial. The girls are way too flashy for me, but I'd have lived with that.

But, seriously, I think the girls might be turning off as many potential buyers as they attract.

You are so deeply right about it, I would much more prefer a good mahjong game. Nobody asked for this, even if I bought it already, because of that discount and being no other mahjong games on steam. Well, there are, but those are shanghai or mahjong solitaire.

edited: in other news Quarries of Scred is an evilevil game, because one evil is not enough and it is great.

Rand6

Hi guys!

I already have Dark Souls 2 installed on my PC.
The upgrade pack on Steam is only an update (like a DLC) or do I need to download the whole game again?

You are so deeply right about it, I would much more prefer a good mahjong game. Nobody asked for this, even if I bought it already, because of that discount and being no other mahjong games on steam. Well, there are, but those are shanghai or mahjong solitaire.

There are a lot of free Mahjong clients out right now with thousands of custom rules (prefectural rules, city rules of certain chinese cities etc.)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hi guys!

I already have Dark Souls 2 installed on my PC.
The upgrade pack on Steam is only an update (like a DLC) or do I need to download the whole game again?
If you mean scholar of the first sin then you need to download the whole game again, it's a different app.

So I guess the console versions of Borderlands the Pre-sequel dropped to $19.99 at some point, should we be expecting a price drop on Steam anytime soon?

Dr Dogg

I've got to stop going in the Pick Ups thread as it's just an invitation to spend money frivolously.

Browsing around in steam discussions board is just worth it sometimes. :D

Sex scene in Zestiria, who'd ever thought that?

That explains the recent bump in sales.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ROTT IN HELL

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-9469CECD70C7FD67 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Ozium

sylvio ain't a looker but the gameplay is creepy as hell

EVPs are spooooooopy

edit:

also YO

THE ONLY MAHJONG GAME I NEED ON STEAM IS YAKUZA SON

Arthea

sylvio ain't a looker but the gameplay is creepy as hell

EVPs are spooooooopy

you know it's not Halloween yet? just checking

There are a lot of free Mahjong clients out right now with thousands of custom rules (prefectural rules, city rules of certain chinese cities etc.)

I know, but we are talking steam here

edited: in other news, Trails SC release seems to be close, I know we've heard it many times before, but this time it can be for reals and it seems to be coming before Steel after all. Hopefully it's true.

Dr Dogg

Oh by the way Battlefront beta is live in the Land of Kangaroos and the Land of the Rising Sun on Xbox so might be worth trying to VPN it on PC for anyone inpatient.

Gundam and LEGO threads are the worst too.

Since my niece wont shut up about LEGO Dimensions I get the feeling come Christmas I might have my latent LEGO obsession awoken in me.

Hektor

12 more days 'til LiS Ep. 5!

It's hard not to laugh at the Stanley Parable bit- who would want that for Dota? What were his sale expectations?

Mhm? Announcers like those have been very popular.
Bastion, Defense Grid, Portal, Trine and Rick & Morty all have announcer packs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom