• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
2EZsxoB.png

I wonder how well Yakuza would do if it came to PC. I understand it usually does shit when brought over on consoles but I imagine the PC demographic would be more accepting of it I guess?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I wonder how well Yakuza would do if it came to PC. I understand it usually does shit when brought over on consoles but I imagine the PC demographic would be more accepting of it I guess?

There is a weird blending of consumers happening right now. A mostly pc-gamer crowd coming in contact with eastern games coupled with the steam collect-athon sensibility and games that might not be profitable on console are making nice profits on PC.

XBP

Vanquish is a given. Hopefully they port bayonetta and resonance of fate as well. Maybe some Atlus games?

inm8num2

Guess I'll see how the first one goes then. I was going to play Outlast after this but now I'm not so sure, lol.

Outlast caused me trauma i think

As amazing as Outlast is, The Whistleblower DLC is probably better than the base game. The DLC has an incredibly frightening but really well-developed antagonist. There's one scene in particular that's utterly terrifying - maybe the most terrifying moment in a game I've experienced. Outlast isn't for the faint-hearted but it's absolutely worth playing.

That steam phone number thing is complete garbage, it kept saying it couldn't add my number, but my phone kept receiving confirmation text anyway.

iosefe

'This a dark and cruel world we live in.
If I had access to my beefy laptop I'd be keeping it but as it stands I wouldn't get to play it for a looong long time.
I don't thinkbyou need a beefy laptop. It's an Avalanche game. turn some settings down and you will be fine

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ARK: Fear Evolved & ARK Digest 18!

C79BBBA8D43C0554D86A8C70919FCACF2371DE5E

ARK: Fear Evolved

We have an exciting late-October special event in the works for all ARK Survivors, so fun that we just couldn’t wait to give you a brief preview. For about a week toward the end of October, the ARK will be undergoing a brief seasonal change where the air becomes cooler, the days shorter & the nights longer, the moon a certain shade of red, bats and other nasty creatures appearing above-ground, carvable pumpkins sprouting up, rumors of powerful undead beasts roaming the land -- and emerging from the mists, the mythical Dodorex makes its appearance at last astride an army of bloodthirsty zombie Dodos, with limited edition treats for those Survivors brave enough to take on the many tricks of ARK: Fear Evolved! What a run-on sentence, phew! More details and media will be unveiled as we approach our favorite time of the year, happy hunting Survivors :)

D1DC96CDF596BE31C996C80064C04EBEFDA57DDB

Dino Dossiers

We have no new favorites to introduce to you guys today, but don’t worry, we’re not done yet! We’ll still be releasing Dino Dossiers however as we approach our final number of over 100 creatures, we’ll be cutting down the rate at which dossiers are revealed. So from this week onwards we’ll only be showcasing one dossier per week, on Monday! And we’ll generally do news drops plus other development tidbits on Wednesday with the ARK Digest.

ARK Digest!

Welcome to the eighteenth issue of the ARK Digest! For those who missed the previous issues, check out the Announcement forum section on the Steam Community Hub and be sure to catch up with what you’ve missed as there is tons for you to catch up on!

Alienware Modding Contest

801457402801F3C255183E1A466209FE0D6BA0AF

Hope you guys haven’t forgotten about the epic modding contest we’ve got going with Alienware! We encourage any and all survivors interested in modding and currently working on their own version of the ARK to submit their mods to the contest! We’ve got loads of prizes up for grabs and are super excited to see your envisions of ARK come to life!

We’ve also recently extended the original deadline, so check out this thread for all the extra details!

Survival of the Fittest: The Last Stand

Just a reminder Survivors that we’re still running our Survival of the Fittest: The Last Stand open preliminary qualifications! We’ve got a mega-thread on the progression of the tournament, including updates, rules, server-status, and patch notes that will be regularly updated when things happen which need to be brought to your attention. The next preliminary sessions will continue tomorrow at 12pm Eastern Time through 8 pm Eastern, so we encourage everyone to join up then and have your Tribe enter the competition, show the world what you’re made of! More details here:

Survival of the Fittest: The Last Stand

Reddit AMA!

Tomorrow at 1PM PST / 4PM EST, One of our Co-Founders and the Co-Creative Director, Jesse Rapczak will be conducting an AMA on www.reddit.com/r/games - be sure to check it out and grill him with what you’d like to know about the ARK!

Community Crunch Contests

Be sure to check out our two-weekly running contests! ARKitect and ARKArt where we check out the best bases and the best pieces of art in the game! If you’d like to submit your base or something you’ve created in the game, you can check out the entries thread here which will fill you in on all the rules too!

Community Crunch Contest Submissions

ARK Digest Q&A

And now for the Q+A!

Boom.. boom… boom..

82472369277BE55DCA1C12EDD8DF17E2823766C4

more pretty girls coming to steam.

the mahjong games are okay if youre looking for a riichi game but it has no tutorial so you have to already know how to play. judging by the store page neither does this one but i'd wager a larger portion of steams audience is more familiar with poker than mahjong

http://store.steampowered.com/app/407720

what a time to be on steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mad Max has a lot of issues. It also has a lot of missed opportunities. Where is my boomerang, my mini helicopter and dudes swinging back and forth on poles? The hand to hand combat is also less polished than Batman (obviously) and Shadow of Mordor. Lots of camera issues and finicky counter button press reads. They give weirdly little directional assistance and Max makes no effort to cover the ground between himself and the target and it leads to him punch the air rather often. It's still quite easy despite these issues and it becomes stupidly easy after some moves get unlocked.

The game is still pretty fun despite these issues and it looks really nice. The desert is a surprisingly compelling environment for the first 20 hours.

Salsa

sounds cool for $16

but not cool for $25 or whatever was the lowest it got during pre-release

would have probably gotten it when it hit this price on steam anyway

downloading at snail pace cause wtf is up with my internet. will play tomorrow

Annubis

the mahjong games are okay if youre looking for a riichi game but it has no tutorial so you have to already know how to play. judging by the store page neither does this one but i'd wager a larger portion of steams audience is more familiar with poker than mahjong

There's not a single DFC in there.
Why would I buy this shit?

Haunted

Mad Max has a lot of issues. It also has a lot of missed opportunities. Where is my boomerang, my mini helicopter and dudes swinging back and forth on poles? The hand to hand combat is also less polished than Batman (obviously) and Shadow of Mordor. Lots of camera issues and finicky counter button press reads. They give weirdly little directional assistance and Max makes no effort to cover the ground between himself and the target and it leads to him punch the air rather often. It's still quite easy despite these issues and it becomes stupidly easy after some moves get unlocked.

The game is still pretty fun despite these issues and it looks really nice. The desert is a surprisingly compelling environment for the first 20 hours.
I think the game combines the tone of 1 (by far the darkest and most psychological Mad Max) with the desert wasteland aesthetic that really just became a thing with 2, while also taking some outlandish design cues from Fury Road (the Immortan Joe tie-in, the war boys, bloodbags, the buzzards).

It does have its missed opportunities and it's easy to imagine a vastly improved game with just a few tweaks here and there.

But it's a damn fun game and I'd greatly recommend it to open world/Mad Max fans. I've written up more detailed impressions in the official thread, just wanting to chime in on a positive note here. If it comes down to MGSV or Mad Max snagging one of the lower spots on my goty list, it'll be Mad Max.

Eila

Jesus, I got a third crate drop just by leaving TF2 in the background all day. This is almost better than minimum wage.
I guess I'm definitely buying Zestiria now.

Xanathus

Man, Magicka 2 is really really short. They obviously want you to replay the levels but I can see why people were so disappointed about it on release. However there's only like half the content of Magicka 1 in the game, there are so few interesting spells compared to the 1st game and there's like only 1 unique boss fight in the game which is the final boss. The whole game feels like a sleazy cash grab.

Shade

Some old (really old) bundle extra's. Should be unused, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 67 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Memories of a vagabond -- MB-78027D2F0B15614A - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Bionic Dues -- MB-563DA149CB23CB5F
Crystals of Time #2 -- MB-06660B5AE0D03392 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Crystals of Time -- MB-A3A3E2D832CE03B4 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Coldfire Keep -- MB-F91E03B2DA9888A1 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-767547D762B085E9 - Taken by aw350. 1 entrants total.
Bionic Dues #2 -- MB-E578F17207C345FC
Bionic Dues #3 -- MB-647819F7C95EFD64
RUSH FOR GLORY -- MB-0DC9CB201D2A6A86 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-DB02CE714F39EDB4 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Asteria -- MB-D1E8FCF1C692C247 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-1802D97265181E86 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
A valley without wind 1 and 2 #2 -- MB-B7F5376819DF8A0B - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Knightshift -- MB-228CC59372C934D9
Storm Over The Pacific -- MB-23527A3832CAD034 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Chrome SpecForce -- MB-5A1A8443D245B494 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Montas -- MB-CDBDB1DB6AF51FF5 - Taken by XDDX. 2 entrants total.
Lords of Football -- MB-5D204C7D1B98E18C - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Plain Sight #2 -- MB-C81783F1760BC365
Tidalis -- MB-0EF702DB59CEAD49 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-5250832948E56883 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Storm Over The Pacific #3 -- MB-77BDCE8FC45D53D5 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Storm Over The Pacific #2 -- MB-2D799F9310260EF0 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Reversion -- MB-0510D3745A2A5FC3
8BitBoy -- MB-C9C0C01E588488C6
adventures of shuggy -- MB-9BBC926BDB8890DF - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Blast em! -- MB-7F2B8938990430B9
Tidalis #2 -- MB-4687B48E067B7F90
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-77035CCA4ABF3D7F - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Chrome -- MB-9C84E61A1AEC493B
Iron Storm -- MB-1828AF058153CEBD
The Book of Legends -- MB-53DCAF02577E6B4B
Post Master -- MB-49DEA0E5D0F3F8BA - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
8BitBoy #2 -- MB-FC1EC4B6C1119F62
LightFish -- MB-D7EF5CDF6A445DB0 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-7DC16980DB377AE1
CHIP -- MB-F8EBD6DA68F9F7D1
Howler -- MB-3FE034C7BAE7FA0D - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.
Pineapple Smash Crew -- MB-A507546C7D320F9E - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Project Aftermath -- MB-BFA8518189FACBDC
aeon command -- MB-2454FF85133A44B7 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Imperial Glory -- MB-BBF5F016B2E2528A
Dungeons the Eye of Draconus -- MB-96AEC9FC97952FF4 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-1AC8B3E58B6F922C
World Basketball Tycoon -- MB-1939427ABDA7A968 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
International Snooker -- MB-B6E76083EFF21F6C - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-239EDCA889253792
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-D9B111C5689EE71E
Lords of Football (DLC?)#3 -- MB-F2EB1718B478832C
Lords of Football (DLC?) #2 -- MB-9FBF400152CC07B6 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Memories of A Vagabond -- MB-F6693E0DD36D0D19 - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.
Lords of Football (DLC?)#4 -- MB-5494C4E133C42E80
Glacier 3 The Meltdown -- MB-3CF57773267C10F8 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Influx -- MB-A81DCE078623BF18 - Taken by shockdude. 2 entrants total.
Borealis -- MB-204C4276A2760A79
Praetorians -- MB-E4CDCD4AAC0EC73E - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
CIRCUITS -- MB-6051A4E507A77EB2 - Taken by Ribeiro. 1 entrants total.
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-67A69457BD9962EB - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.
Haegemonia Double Pack -- MB-9169003E498238EF - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Explodemon -- MB-A1D05F21FC5BDF7E - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Rush For Glory -- MB-82820BBD8EE0A3B8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-2E9FBC0188A279AB - Taken by cluto. 2 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-74C799317272B45C

A valley without wind 1 and 2 -- MB-46B4423262CC94FA - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Pool Nation -- MB-C4A599E74580473D - Taken by Anteater. 1 entrants total.
Chime -- MB-1A760FE2750991B9 - Taken by Popstar. 1 entrants total.
LightFish #2 -- MB-D3ED8B2212D12E2E - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.

t1444278716z1.png

impact

Banned
I just got into CSGO and decided to browse the community market and ... wut? Do people actually buy some of this stuff or are the really expensive items just like troll listings or something?
$400 for a gun?!

Fucking video games man.
The first ever factory new StatTrak M9 Bayonetta Crimson Web sold for $23,000. Yea.

And if we don't get Shenmue, Panzer Dragoon and the Platinum stuff, Sega are officially dead2me. JSRF would be cool too, cuz fuck time limits.

Deitus

I'm not sure how half of those girls can even stand upright.

ExoSoul

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bit Dungeon II -- MB-A7A67639FBCE829A - Taken by thesaucetastic. 2 entrants total.
Back to Bed -- MB-A349D2456DC83667 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-F6C0D5FDCD9230B2 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
HOARD Complete Pack -- MB-B24D7E6E17D0DD4C - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-E3F5B29BBC36DE88 - Taken by maty. 2 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-A37B6B3E0C70AA94 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 3 entrants total.
Pilot Crusader -- MB-30032C145E2FCBE6

t1444280036z1.png

Khronico

Just finished LA Noire.

Not much else to say other than what I said in my previous post on the game. The cases continued to be extremely fun to play through, and the ending to the main story was actually really good IMO. I would've loved to see a new game in the same vein minus the open world and shooting, which where my only gripes in LA Noire. Guess I'll continue to wait for a good price drop on that new Sherlock Holmes game.

Here's some pictures from LA Noire just because. The game does facial expressions so well, the hair not so much.

Just finished LA Noire.

Not much else to say other than what I said in my previous post on the game. The cases continued to be extremely fun to play through, and the ending to the main story was actually really good IMO. I would've loved to see a new game in the same vein minus the open world and shooting, which where my only gripes in LA Noire. Guess I'll continue to wait for a good price drop on that new Sherlock Holmes game.

Here's some pictures from LA Noire just because. The game does facial expressions so well, the hair not so much.

Part of me really wants to double dip on pc to see if I really do dislike it as much as I remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom