• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys, about Humble games original, do we get a Steam key when said games appear on Steam ?

That'll probably be left up to the developer. The only* Humble Original on Steam is Battlesloths and the dev has confirmed that Humble Monthly subscribers will receive a Steam key.

* Gunmetal Arcadia is also Steam-bound as it's in the registry, but the app is still private.

XibOKcP.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al0GFfRfq9w&feature=youtu.be

New stage shown- Mirage Saloon, being Western themed. It's apparently inspired by a canceled stage from an old Sonic game.
...and yes that is a CRT filter.

I hope you can disable that filter

Knurek

24/10/2016 22:11 The parcel has left the GLS location. Netherlands

Gee, what useful information... Considering it hasn't changed for the past two days.
Why is Valve even using GLS for shipping stuff?

mp1990

Banned

Martin Shkreli can eat a dick, but the character movements seem a bit erratic, and the driving doesn't looks much better than in the first game, which was awful? And the dialogue is super cheesy and turning me off bad. At some point I had interest in this game just so I could see how bad it would turn out but that's too much for me.

Martin Shkreli can eat a dick, but the character movements seem a bit erratic, and the driving doesn't looks much better than in the first game, which was awful? And the dialogue is super cheesy and turning me off bad. At some point I had interest in this game just so I could see how bad it would turn out but that's too much for me.

others that have played WD2 have said the driving is actually improved so maybe it's just whoever played it for Polygon being terrible at it considering they could hardly stay on the road for like 5 feet

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
* Gunmetal Arcadia is also Steam-bound as it's in the registry, but the app is still private.

So, uh, not quite. There are two games: Gunmetal Arcadia and Gunmetal Arcadia Zero. I can't remember which is which but one is long and filled with procedurally generated content and the other is short with hand-designed levels. Gunmetal Arcadia Zero was Humble Monthly and Gunmetal Arcadia is the one in the Steam registry. If you're shaking your head at how stupid this is, I am too.

(I suspect ultimately both will release on Steam)

Nabs

So, uh, not quite. There are two games: Gunmetal Arcadia and Gunmetal Arcadia Zero. I can't remember which is which but one is long and filled with procedurally generated content and the other is short with hand-designed levels. Gunmetal Arcadia Zero was Humble Monthly and Gunmetal Arcadia is the one in the Steam registry. If you're shaking your head at how stupid this is, I am too.

Thankfully, it looks like Zero will be coming out this year. http://gunmetalarcadia.com/

dreamfall

Don't know what's wrong with me. Installed Black Ops 1 like it was 2010, and I've been playing nothing but that. Don't even know if it's fun anymore, it just keeps happening. Those European servers still going strong. It's like time just stopped.

I think nostalgia for a simpler COD is weighing heavily.

dex3108

Damn Civ VI is already at 800K sold copies. In the other news Farming Simulator 17 is in 3rd place on Steam top Sellers list.

Nabs

Don't know what's wrong with me. Installed Black Ops 1 like it was 2010, and I've been playing nothing but that. Don't even know if it's fun anymore, it just keeps happening. Those European servers still going strong. It's like time just stopped.

I think nostalgia for a simpler COD is weighing heavily.

BO1 was the best. Almost every map was great, and the netcode was so good.

dreamfall

BO1 was the best. Almost every map was great, and the netcode was so good.

Yeah, I definitely agree. I'm not even particularly good at COD and it's a joy to play. Being a console gamer at that time, I never imagined I'd be playing it on a PC six years later feeling such wild nostalgia. I didn't buy the maps on Steam and I'm kind of half tempted because the online is still strong (even if I'm joining servers way out in Denmark from the States). Like I remember feeling so excited about it before it launched, and just thinking it took everything I loved about Modern Warfare and improved on it.

Anyone still play COD on PC? Any of the titles have a good community still going strong? I mean with BF and Gears options now, I'm always a bit hesitant to pick up a multiplayer shooter if it feels like the community might disappear. But many years later, BO1 still feels good and is active.

ArjanN

Oh, I see this is by the You Have To Win The Game/Super Win The Game devs. Neat.

Tizoc

Yo
Batman Ep. 1 was good, but hearing some of the impressions on Ep. 2 and 3, I'm gonna wait til all are out and it goes around $10 before I get it.
For this one, I'll just raise the price point :V

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I accidentally bought a copy last night so I've contributed.

Embrace the accident and go conquer some continents.

I know the Civ die-hards are complaining about the AI, UI, and exploitability of the game, but I am loving it so far. Districts are rad, and most of the UI is really really good. I feel the abyss of the game streching out before me and I just want to swim in it forever.

I'm mildly surprised that people still consider Farming Simulator a joke game. Dudes, this series gets hundreds of thousands of sales and has a modding community large enough to make most games jealous. People actually play it seriously.

dex3108

I'm mildly surprised that people still consider Farming Simulator a joke game. Dudes, this series gets hundreds of thousands of sales and has a modding community large enough to make most games jealous. People actually play it seriously.

Game looks really cool with good gameplay when you compare it to some more hyped games (cough No Man's Sky cough).

Jawmuncher

Maybe they're all practical jokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom