• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
XibOKcP.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al0GFfRfq9w&feature=youtu.be

New stage shown- Mirage Saloon, being Western themed. It's apparently inspired by a canceled stage from an old Sonic game.
...and yes that is a CRT filter.

There's no way it's going to be a bad game.

yuraya

Since people are talking about music/podcast games...

Some of my personal favorite podcast/music games from recent years. Strongly recommend all of them to whoever is looking for a game like that.

Souls games
MGSV (after you are finished with campaign)
Borderlands games
Spelunky
Hearthstone
Minecraft
CSGO
Warframe

Stall19

Since people are talking about music/podcast games...

Some of my personal favorite podcast/music games from recent years. Strongly recommend all of them to whoever is looking for a game like that.

Souls games
MGSV (after you are finished with campaign)
Borderlands games
Spelunky
Hearthstone
Minecraft
CSGO
Warframe

Add Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Doing the dashes while listening to a podcast is a nice kinda zone.

daebo

I have a free steam code for whoever. It's showing 30 dollars still in steam, but no idea if it's been on sale for cheaper anywhere else.

However, here you go.

SPEC OPS THE LINE: KZBTQ-8J8IQ-Q7AN6

and if you're feeling frisky or friendly, you can add me on Steam - Daebo

Thanks.

zkylon

zkylewd
It has a really good bossfight at least.
Surprising considering every dlc in the franchise has been fantastic.
Oh well, you can't win'em all.
I thought it was fine. Not as good as Artorias or some of the Dark Souls 2 dlc's, but it's still pretty good.

for me it's mostly that i just overall didn't care much for dark souls 3, so i was hoping they'd pull another dks2 and make the dlc fantastic and reason enough to replay the game, but seems like i might wait for dlc #2, specially with dishonored coming out and me finally playing the witcha 3 dlc (which is actually really good!)

man dark souls 3 has been so weird for me, i appreciate all it does great, level design and boss fights are really good, the balance and overall feel of the game seems better than ever, but it just didn't feel like enough

it's a real bummer, i was hoping the series would go out with a bang

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Garmonbozia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: Xcom Declassified -- MB-9EEB6A4211955D22 - Taken by SeanBoocock. 7 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-B7A298BDFA280437 - Taken by Endruen. 1 entrants total.

t1477540134z1.png
Some ancient bundle keys I had forgotten about.

I've contracted a disease for which there is no known cure, Battlefielditis, and a small flare up of trench foot consequently as well.

It's so good.

Granjinha

the dark souls dlc is getting ripped to shreds

bummer that it ended up being meh-y

i find that silly since it's much better than iron king/ivory king and those didn't get any criticism (not at this level)

man i hate ivory king, such a piece of shit content.

Well, it's not so good honestly. It's not a bad fight, but not even a good one imho, just average. The only "new" thing is
the boss having three forms
, but that's it.

no it's really good

MUnited83

For you.
i find that silly since it's much better than iron king/ivory king and those didn't get any criticism (not at this level)

man i hate ivory king, such a piece of shit content.

no it's really good

Are you crazy? Ivory King is the best piece of DLC in any Souls game (ok except for the reindeers)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Odallus -- MB-521F4184739CB43D - Taken by Nomadic Sparks

I need to get back to playing DS2. Played it for 5 hours, got salty when I kept getting bodied at the pirate ship cave and gave up.

Is it worth it to push on, or should I just go back to DS1?

kagamin

I need to get back to playing DS2. Played it for 5 hours, got salty when I kept getting bodied at the pirate ship cave and gave up.

Is it worth it to push on, or should I just go back to DS1?

Well if you're having a hard time and your soul level isn't already horribly bloated somehow (which I doubt is the case) you should be able to find summons if you need them, honestly DS1 PVE is a bit harder than most of DS2.

Nabs

I can't seem to find anything about the game aside from that tweet... I assume that this will be the Humble Original for the month.

Looks like it:

Keyboard Sports is developed by Triband, a small Copenhagen based studio who happens to love keyboards, and the first version was published as a Humble Original in the Humble Monthly of November 2016.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKJM5p_7oR4

I'm happy with this.

Granjinha

Are you crazy? Ivory King is the best piece of DLC in any Souls game (ok except for the reindeers)

no its not

shitty bosses (especially ivory king), shitty level design, terrible enemies and boring lore (like the DS2 lore in general to be fair)

artorias is the best DLC. SO GOOD.

Although i haven't played bloodborne so there's that.

Looks like it:

Keyboard Sports is developed by Triband, a small Copenhagen based studio who happens to love keyboards, and the first version was published as a Humble Original in the Humble Monthly of November 2016.

I'm happy with this.

Nice touch that the teapot is over the letter T. But then, I guess I wouldn't expect any less.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, uh, not quite. There are two games: Gunmetal Arcadia and Gunmetal Arcadia Zero. I can't remember which is which but one is long and filled with procedurally generated content and the other is short with hand-designed levels. Gunmetal Arcadia Zero was Humble Monthly and Gunmetal Arcadia is the one in the Steam registry. If you're shaking your head at how stupid this is, I am too.

(I suspect ultimately both will release on Steam)

D'oh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I wasnt into wow right now (still, shockingly) I could totally see myself play Skyrim remastered. Im one of those weirdos that loved the game, I never played the dlc and I remember enjoying the few hours I spent in my second playthrough as a rogue archer (as opposed to a mage when I finished it)

If I wasnt into wow right now (still, shockingly) I could totally see myself play Skyrim remastered. Im one of those weirdos that loved the game, I never played the dlc and I remember enjoying the few hours I spent in my second playthrough as a rogue archer (as opposed to a mage when I finished it)

My FFXIV sub expires soon, just in time for Skyrim SE. I haven't actually finished the game and never play any of the DLCs. So I guess I'm excited.

Anyway, Nexus page for SE is also already up.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom