• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chroma Squad is weird. I dunno if I like it. The UI and tooltips could be done so much better; as it is, it's just holding the game back. The concept sure is fun, though.
My FFXIV sub expires soon, just in time for Skyrim SE. I haven't actually finished the game and never play any of the DLCs. So I guess I'm excited.

Anyway, Nexus page for SE is also already up.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/

Nice. Good to see the alternate start mod and unofficial patch there already. Modded Skyrim is good stuff.

Just gotta wait for that hypothermia mod, immersive armors, immersive weapons and Deadly Dragons or its equivalent and I'll be pretty much set. And, of course, SkyUI--I can't imagine playing a Bethesda game without UI mods at this point.

Pixieking

Banned
I need to get back to playing DS2. Played it for 5 hours, got salty when I kept getting bodied at the pirate ship cave and gave up.

Is it worth it to push on, or should I just go back to DS1?

It's worth playing, but there's a ton of instances where it's legit unfair, unlike both DS1 and DS3. The thing to remember about DS2 is that you can game the system to counteract the unfairness - enemies will stop reappearing after you have killed them about 14 times. This means you can just run a section of high Souls value enemies, return to your starting bonfire, and repeat. It's repetitive (so it's debatable how often you'd want to do it), but as long as you pick-up your lost Souls if you die, you can just level yourself as you slowly explore.

Iron King DLC is where this strategy works wonders, because the bosses are a little dodgy, and very hard, so I just cleaned all the mooks out, and ran to the boss.... over and over again, until I won. (With a little help from a random Summon on the internet. :) ).

Once I'm done with this DS3 DLC, I'm very tempted to restart DS2 - it's definitely a good game, but is both less polished and more polished than DS1.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Been slowly working my way through Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2's final achievement (which requires you to get Perfect+ on every level on every difficulty, difficulties don't stack, and Perfect+ requires you to get Perfect on the level + hit a bullseye with the annoying end-of-level cannon minigame). I've been working on this on and off for three and a half years, but decided to finish it now that Runner 3 has been announced.

After that I'll double back to Cook.Serve.Delicious to get my final achievement there, which I've been working on for 2 years on and off.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man Odallus is so fun!

Also Westorado is fine but I need suggestion on controls. They squeeze so much to the left hand.

And looks like I got the Skyrim Special Edition now

dex3108

Been slowly working my way through Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2's final achievement (which requires you to get Perfect+ on every level on every difficulty, difficulties don't stack, and Perfect+ requires you to get Perfect on the level + hit a bullseye with the annoying end-of-level cannon minigame). I've been working on this on and off for three and a half years, but decided to finish it now that Runner 3 has been announced.

After that I'll double back to Cook.Serve.Delicious to get my final achievement there, which I've been working on for 2 years on and off.

I have few games with one achievement left but they are mostly "finish the game without dying" ones that I will never even try to do XD

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KenOD, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow of Mordor GOTY -- MB-4C1370202B2B9B3B - Taken by Annubis. 44 entrants total.

t1477546256z1.png

I salute your dedication, Stump.

I dunno how y'all find the drive to 100% games. The only one I've ever 100%ed was Kirby's Adventure for the NES, and that was back before I knew what a backlog was.
Man Odallus is so fun!

Also Westorado is fine but I need suggestion on controls. They squeeze so much to the left hand.

And looks like I got the Skyrim Special Edition now

Seconded on Odallus. Having watched so much of Giant Bomb playing Castlevania, it's been great to actually play something similar for myself.

The retro aesthetic feels so gud.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I realized something.

There are "software/game" tycoon games, but there's no game hardware tycoon/sim huh? like make your own video game hardware through the ages

Tizoc

I think i did that on the ps3 ver years ago

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. The Poker Sidequest in Dead Rising 2/Off the Record. I got down to the last one, but man... it's eating up the freetime I could use to get the last few PP stickers.

Is there an "all survivors safed" achievement like DR1? From looking at the Steam list, there doesn't seem to be but I want to double-check and make sure there's not like... a hidden one anywhere that isn't listed on Steam. Because if not, fuck these survivors: They're getting bullets in the head and I'm getting those last PP stickers instead.

Knurek

I have few games with one achievement left but they are mostly "finish the game without dying" ones that I will never even try to do XD

I hate devs who do stuff like that.
There should be separate completion counters, 100% achievements for things normal people with normal life can reasonably clear and 200% for cyborgs who can clear Super Meat Boy without losing a life.

EDIT:// Grow Up 50% off

Buraindo

Chroma Squad is weird. I dunno if I like it. The UI and tooltips could be done so much better; as it is, it's just holding the game back. The concept sure is fun, though.

Nice. Good to see the alternate start mod and unofficial patch there already. Modded Skyrim is good stuff.

Just gotta wait for that hypothermia mod, immersive armors, immersive weapons and Deadly Dragons or its equivalent and I'll be pretty much set. And, of course, SkyUI--I can't imagine playing a Bethesda game without UI mods at this point.

Problem is, SkyUI requires SKSE to work. And SKSE is, as far as I know, not going to work with the Special Edition right away. There's a post about it in the Bethesda forums.
Still a lot of mods to play around with until then though.

Problem is, SkyUI requires SKSE to work. And SKSE is, as far as I know, not going to work with the Special Edition right away. There's a post about it in the Bethesda forums.
Still a lot of mods to play around with until then though.

Baww. That's a dealbreaker.

Bethesda has some of the worst KB&M UI in the industry. It's like they go out of their way to make it extra bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Edit: Also, how do you make a picture link to a page? What combination of codes is it?

Wrap the IMG tag in the URL tag. E.g. [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/467290/"][IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/467290/header.jpg?t=1476834949[/IMG][/URL] results in:

You don't need to do it manually; just highlight the IMG part and click the URL button.

Granjinha

so with reviews coming out and stuff like that i can probably say that owlboy is one of the best games this year

it's fucking amazing

great pacing, captivating characters, simple and nice story, the mechanics feel sooo good and there's lots of side contents. I recommend it to anyone who likes 2D sidescrollers/platformers in general.

oh yeah and THAT SOUNDTRACK. Man it's GOOD. Like REALLY INCREDIBLY GOOD

Erekiddo

so with reviews coming out and stuff like that i can probably say that owlboy is one of the best games this year

it's fucking amazing

great pacing, captivating characters, simple and nice story, the mechanics feel sooo good and there's lots of side contents. I recommend it to anyone who likes 2D sidescrollers/platformers in general.

That bad eh?

Also - Steam Halloween sale tomorrow, right? Right?

There's only room for one indie GotY.

STARDEW VALLEY
Ahhh... Cheers. Bookmarking those posts, because mind like a sieve when it comes to this kind of thing. :)

There's all kinds of weird tricks for formatting.

Like you can double bold.

Highlighting bold makes images slightly larger.
Highlighting bold makes images slightly larger.

while non-bold does not
highlight
highlight

Highlight is not only a thing, but it overrides other tags, like so: Highlight is God.

Indent exists.​

You can make
  • double
  • lists
    • double
    • lists

Image links, as above.

Spaces at the front of a line don't show up in a post.

email tags.

And probably more. Edit: You can spoiler images, quoting images shrinks them, and you can combine these two techniques into one. A fusion technique, if you will.

when are Emojis coming to Steamz 😀👻💩 @spookyskellingtons 🎮⌨️🖱️ @halflife3 🕹️ @mrrobot 🌮🐈💯

Granjinha

would you say it's a metroidvania...?

hmm not really, the way the game works
you get your abilites by unlocking companions (which are three in total) and some stuff in dungeons can only be taken once you have all three of them

but it's not that relevant to the game's design. I finished it and still missed two whole areas (which i'm trying to get open right now) so who knows, maybe it's more relevant than i thought? Still exploring and trying some stuff.

Tizoc

it's fucking amazing

Im writing the ot
It is being written right now
It will be a simple ot
But it is being written
The ot is being written

Pixieking

Banned
And probably more. Edit: You can spoiler images, quoting images shrinks them, and you can combine these two techniques into one. A fusion technique, if you will.

Okay, so, I'm bookmarking this whole page, because it's just easier. :D I've also kept on meaning to ask how images are shrunk, since the one time I posted a large pic, it just screwed with the layout and I deleted it.

Thanks again. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
after playing quite a bit more of witcha 3 for the dlc and considering lately i find myself a bit more strapped for time, i'm kind of enjoying its open worldness a bit more

playing like half an hour and getting rid of 4 or 5 question marks on the map is kind of tiny nuggets of entertainment i can digest

i still think it didn't work for the game at large, but for me today it's kind of ok

hmm not really, the way the game works
you get your abilites by unlocking companions (which are three in total) and some stuff in dungeons can only be taken once you have all three of them

but it's not that relevant to the game's design. I finished it and still missed two whole areas (which i'm trying to get open right now) so who knows, maybe it's more relevant than i thought? Still exploring and trying some stuff.
sounds more like a zelda structure then?

not sure

that game looks great

Granjinha

sounds more like a zelda structure then?

not sure

that game looks great

yep! It's more like that, actually. (i think it's even one of the inspirations for the game? maybe i'm wrong)

it isn't like a metroidvania where you get a new ability and then go back to an old place to advance and get more itens and skills, you know?

I was just trying to do a trump-like post :x

Edit- OH GOD I NEED A BANNER FOR THE OT

oh i didnt get that sorry lol

Ozium

I finished ep 1 and then went straight to ep 2 of Batman Telltale and it is pretty good.. seems not so janky as telltale games are wont to do, about on par with tales from the borderlands I'd say.. so far enjoying the story but I have one question..

I'm a casual Batman fan.. some of the things are confusing to me with what I know of the lore.. is this part of a new comic line or something?

Ozium

what are good games you are hoping will be on sale for all hallow's eve?

I'm personally hoping for Layers of Fear w/ the dlc

I will also be cross checking each game with the gmg sale lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a heads-up, I'm preparing the topic for the Halloween Sale. Doing some write-ups on games I suspect will be there and some other things so they'll be prepped and ready to go live a bit after the sale does.

I'm going to make this a bit of a selfish year and be doing some personal recommendations since I've been playing through quite a few recently and know some horror games I'd like to recommend. But if anyone here on SteamGAF has any recommendations, PM them my way and I can post it with the topic.

zkylon

zkylewd
yep! It's more like that, actually. (i think it's even one of the inspirations for the game? maybe i'm wrong)

it isn't like a metroidvania where you get a new ability and then go back to an old place to advance and get more itens and skills, you know?
cool

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Khaba -- MB-90FC514E4309E044 - Taken by Mikurden
Crystal Towers 2 XL -- MB-7D7EE25714AD4469 - Taken by texhnolyze
Final Quest II -- MB-F6C96F685B523A44 - Taken by dot
Guardian's Oath -- MB-BAD801E3388AA41B - Taken by voodooray
Lost Crew -- MB-5DC8E9FA7D57DDF4 - Taken by Eila
Kung Fury: Street Rage -- MB-92A21E85D15EDEEF - Taken by rainking187
Final Quest II #2 -- MB-07AA0354332F8866 - Taken by SSPssp
Red Game Without a Great Name -- MB-9AD1EF7129DAEC91 - Taken by fuzzy123
JumpBall -- MB-1F6D282C950D2101 - Taken by bobnowhere
Kombine -- MB-EA043F87D44634D1 - Taken by Hakkelus

kagamin

Played about an hour of Yomawari, really unsettling so far and I'm more scared of approaching the enemies than anything else really, one death so far but at least it let me keep the item I grabbed before the super fast enemy got to me.

PaulSane

Played about an hour of Yomawari, really unsettling so far and I'm more scared of approaching the enemies than anything else really, one death so far but at least it let me keep the item I grabbed before the super fast enemy got to me.

I've put about 60 hours into this game during beta, and after several hours of play i was treating death as a fast means of getting back to the checkpoint :p You don't actually lose anything when you die.
Also, not all things you encounter are "enemies", some of them are harmless even if you touch them, and some are just non-hostile and won't actively pursue you, while you still "die" if you get too close to them.

For me, the game was never scary - it felt really eerie and unsettling though :) I don't usually like or play "scary" games at all, but i liked this one a lot.

EDIT: The game is actually much shorter than 60 hours, it was just a lot of messing around to try and find\reproduce bugs, and getting all of the achievements also took some time :)

200.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-B4BA80798A88536C - Taken by MaxiLive. 6 entrants total.

t1477572206z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom