• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon, SteamGAF.

PL4v3.gif

Bah. I don't want to be "that guy", but can we remember that D: OS2 was Kickstarted, and backers got their keys this month. This is total owners, not sales.

Eh, it's still be about ~15k, and that's keeping in mind that GOG owners would not be reflected on Steam.
tumblr_nuj6wwAlje1qzw06jo1_1280.png

would love to add ladykiller in a bid to the releases list

it's the latest game by christine love (of analogue a hate story and hate plus fame, and other really cool games too), a visual novel in which you play as the crossdressing sister to a douchy prince and you go around a cruise doing social manipulation and flirting and stuff. there's also a lady with a whip that like whips you if you misbehave but then u want to misbehave cos it's fun and you end up all whipped and stuff

it's awesome

it's also probably gonna flip your shit by subverting your expectations in two dozen different ways

and it's out october 10th

it has boobs in it so idk what steam's policy is on boobs. they're not gross pandering boobs like shitty sakura games, this is an actual thoughtful and interactive game that involves some eroticism so boobs must be involved, but it's not up on steam yet so that's scary

either way i'll remind everyone when it's out cos it's awesome
You said the magic word:

Whips!

I enjoyed Dark Souls 2 because of the whips and I imagine Ladykiller in a Bind will be the same.

Thanks. Limited to physical due to region locking on Steam?

Nah, it's just that European prices are higher than US prices on Steam in Europe. Well depends where you are in Europe. Physical though is far cheaper because of stocks. Fallout 4 can be found for 20 euros so 25 dollars.

Nah, it's just that European prices are higher than US prices on Steam in Europe. Well depends where you are in Europe. Physical though is far cheaper because of stocks. Fallout 4 can be found for 20 euros so 25 dollars.

Greece right now (so EUR), then Switzerland for a short time (CHF). I wasn't banking on anything being a good deal, but figured I'd check since I don't use VPN services. Thanks for your help, Ghost.

Greece right now (so EUR), then Switzerland for a short time (CHF). I wasn't banking on anything being a good deal, but figured I'd check since I don't use VPN services. Thanks for your help, Ghost.

Then you should buy games physically. Especially in Switzerland, physical PC is cheap. And keys can be redeemed in USA. Most of physical games comes with a Steam key.

It does look interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel about this bit:

I mean, I'm not sure "we're never going to have a real campaign mode" is something you'd be proud of and make a bullet point.

Hmm. I didn't notice that, yeah, I want my games to have a story / campaign. I guess I'll pass.

jonno394

Spent most of September playing Tales of Zestiria. About 26 hours in and 3/4 through. Really enjoying this game. Hope to finish it this month.

Got back in to Rocket League. Playing it exclusively while I use my exercise bike now. 35-45 minute a night is something between 4-5 games.

For October I was really looking forward to Gears of War 4 for £30, but since my key has been revoked I doubt I'll get it now. No way am I paying £50 for it. That's not an acceptable pc price imo. I'll just spend my money on Megatagmension Blanc and Neptune vs Zombies instead. Rather looking forward to it.

Arthea

12k for Stein's Gate seems low to me. People have been begging for it to come to Steam for years. It was priced properly too. I find it hard to believe a few port issues completely killed the sales potential of one of the best visual novels ever.

yeah, it's not that hot.
I expected it to make at least above 20K day one.
freaking Sakura, not to mention Nekopara games make more sales day one. I'll never understand steam userbase, it's beyond understanding.

FoxSpirit

Okay, where do I post to ask a Gaffer to buy me a foreign version of a Steam game? Because the BST thread would be a massive necro.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The Firewatch commentary runs like shit, any news of them fixing it?
Because the development process is very interesting.

Hektor

Are you guys playing any survival horror games this month?

Yea, it's called "My Life"

Why not let someone else make the thread? I'm sure there will be volunteers.

I can do the next one with paint if we all agree on that.

Really expected DR to be at least 30k

But Danganronpa sits at 80K already

Whips!

I enjoyed Dark Souls 2 because of the whips and I imagine Ladykiller in a Bind will be the same.

LKiaB is the Dark Souls of Visual Novels?

Now, i'm interested.

The opening to Hyper Light Drifter was way grimmer than I was expecting, suppose I bought it on a whim. Definitely glad I waited for the 60 FPS update because it feels really fluid.

Do the City: Skyline expansions add much that wasn't patched in mechanics wise or is it mostly aesthetics? Haven't played the game at all yet but the dlc is on sale.

Also, did someone say there's a more recent trading card workaround so you don't have to idle dozens of games for a month?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE Tactics -- MB-B962CD850949D3FC - Taken by Sarcasm
Cashtronauts -- MB-1DFBE6E8A82A2AAB - Taken by septicore

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should i get Quake 3 Gold from gog for less than 7 euros or go for quake live?

Bethesda made some, err, controversial changes to the formula in recent times, but you'd probably be hard-pressed to find an active, "noob"-friendly Quake 3 community these days.

mp1990

Banned
tumblr_nuj6wwAlje1qzw06jo1_1280.png

would love to add ladykiller in a bind to the releases list

it's the latest game by christine love (of analogue a hate story and hate plus fame, and other really cool games too), a visual novel in which you play as the crossdressing sister to a douchy prince and you go around a cruise doing social manipulation and flirting and stuff. there's also a lady with a whip that like whips you if you misbehave but then u want to misbehave cos it's fun and you end up all whipped and stuff

it's awesome

it's also probably gonna flip your shit by subverting your expectations in two dozen different ways

and it's out october 10th

it has boobs in it so idk what steam's policy is on boobs. they're not gross pandering boobs like shitty sakura games, this is an actual thoughtful and interactive game that involves some eroticism so boobs must be involved, but it's not up on steam yet so that's scary

either way i'll remind everyone when it's out cos it's awesome
A lady with a whip?

franziska-whip.gif

Now we can talk.

Tizoc

I never payed much attention to racing games in arcades when I was a kid, because of it I had no idea how impressive Daytona is. SEGA should release a collection of their Model games on Steam.
The big hurdle there is very likely licensing xo

dimmer

Bethesda made some, err, controversial changes to the formula in recent times, but you'd probably be hard-pressed to find an active, "noob"-friendly Quake 3 community these days.

Actually i palyed a lot of Quake 3 between 2000 and 2005,so I am not actually a noob, just need lots of practice. So you say the Quake Live community is more noob-friendly than Quake 3?

So it happened. Last night Spelunky has become the only non-Souls game with +100hrs playtime on my account. Well deserved little Spelunker, well deserved.
If only I just could finish Hell once, I'd get the game out of my head finally and do something else.

Aaron D.

I guess it's a subjective experience, I read the manual and just looking at the first puzzle I knew what I had to do. I learned some assembly on uni, but I only remembered a little so I don't think it mattered much.

In any case, there is this cool guide that does a pretty good job of explaining the basic stuff.

Thanks for the link.

TIS-100 broke me at the first puzzle.

Boy, that wasn't humiliating. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom