• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
fEVI2St.jpg

Fourth time in Hell I finally made it to Yama. Got him enough for his floaty head phase but got killed by falling debris. So close it hurts ( ;_;)/

Teeth

I'm playing through Bioshock Remastered, and it made me remember how tedious these hacking minigames are. Developers in general grew a sick obsession for them during last gen.

If you haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, they streamline the hacking to be much quicker (literally, a timed button press) and in realtime (so you can't take a breather during a fight). That plus actual dual wielding are the main things that make BS2 play a lot better than BS1.

Ucchedavāda;218749406 said:
Do people get added to your friend-list automatically, if you send them gifts through Steam?
Not that I mind, but I was just surprised to see people on my list that I didn't recognize, after the raffle was over.

Wait till you get ones who defriend you right after.

Blu(e)

I'm set with The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, and Bulb Boy. Probably throw in some Deathsmiles too. Hope there are some good discounts for Halloween. Still need to pick up REmake.

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
I'm playing through Bioshock Remastered, and it made me remember how tedious these hacking minigames are. Developers in general grew a sick obsession for them during last gen.

Same here. I had forgotten how much worse they were in the original than in the sequel. I end up either buying the hack or using the auto-hack tool or just not even bothering most of the time.

Corpekata

Banned
Urgh, god no! I genuinely don't get the praise for the DS4, it's like one step up from the DS3 personally =/

It's the DS3+ a whole bunch of extra functionality that can be mapped to the touch pad. It's pretty godly in games that allow controller and KBAM inputs at the same time so you can assign actions that would normal take longer or be menu bound to a simple swipe up. Not to mention the right and left click of the pad means it's a controller with essentially two extra buttons.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm playing through Bioshock Remastered, and it made me remember how tedious these hacking minigames are. Developers in general grew a sick obsession for them during last gen

That plus the gameplay aged poorly if you ask me.

Jawmuncher

Recently I liked playing Resident Evil 0 with the steam controller. Setting up the back bumpers for aiming was nice.

Corpekata

Banned
Steam controller with a second analog stick somehow would be perfection. I'm not sure how they would work one in, but get on it engineers.

MUnited83

For you.
Now you just speak heresy.
I still play my PC games with my 360 pad and have no intention of switching, and yes I do own a DS4.

Ewww
360's Dpad is downright disgusting. X1 one is better but not by much.
No real reason to get a Xbox pad in my case. For decent Dpads, I have them Playstation controllers. If I get anything else, it would be the Steam Controller that essentially makes Xbox's controllers completely useless for me.

AHA-Lambda

I barely use the d-pad really these days I feel.

If you're not playing a fighting game I just don't feel it's a big deal frankly. 360 feels far more ergonomic in the hands than DS4 to me.

I use an Xbox One pad for basically everything. Since I updated the firmware it's fine for the vast majority of stuff. I still have my 360 pad for Telltale games though. Have had a wired one almost since it came out. I have two FightPads as well but I don't play that many fighting games.

I have a Steam Controller but don't really use it. I used it for Hearthstone of all things after my shoulder injury got worse for awhile. I tried to juggle playing Overwatch and DOOM around the same time after not playing any KBAM games for close to years and it ended poorly for me.

Get a load of fancy pants Steam GAF with their official controllers up in here. I'll be here playing on my refurbished $11 wired logitech F310 playing my bundle shit with the money I saved tyvm.

Tellaerin

Get a load of fancy pants Steam GAF with their official controllers up in here. I'll be here playing on my refurbished $11 wired logitech F310 playing my bundle shit with the money I saved tyvm.

Pft, I'm still rocking the Dual Shock 2 I bought to play Phantasy Star Universe PC on launch day.

Ganado

Ewww
360's Dpad is downright disgusting. X1 one is better but not by much.
No real reason to get a Xbox pad in my case. For decent Dpads, I have them Playstation controllers. If I get anything else, it would be the Steam Controller that essentially makes Xbox's controllers completely useless for me.

Still those symmetrical sticks, cheap build and triggers are shite. I mean, it is better than DS3, that controller is one of the worst controllers I've ever used, but it's still on the lower end of the controller spectrum. The biggest problem I have with my XONE controller is the bumpers, but I know that they are fixed in the newer revisions.

Tenrius

Seems like the Sony bias has reached the shores of the Steam thread.

I am joking.

You bet. I've been playing more PS4 than PC lately, too.

Is there a way to fix those controls though? I just couldn't play it. I need proper WASD and mouse controls.

What do you mean, exactly? The game has proper WASD and mouse controls. You can also press a button to release the cursor which is pretty handy: you can drag stuff in the game world around, press buttons on your HUD etc. It works very well.

Eila

I'm still rocking the 360 wireless controller/receptor bundle I bought as my first PC controller. The sticks are pretty worn out with huge deadzones but it works.
The steam controller deal on amazon is pretty tempting. Is it good for 2d gaming? Like, emulating games? The 360 d-pad is what it is.
I do have an arcade stick, but it's wired so I don't always use it.

rtcn63

I only use uncomfortable third-party console controllers for gaming because it brings back memories of how much my brother hated me

AHA-Lambda

System Shock 1 holds up really really well. The Enhanced Edition also has a great clean look.

oh god no I must disagree!

I played about an hour of the Enhanced Edition and just could not bare the controls and UI D:
And FWIW, SS2 was zero problem for me

yes and there's no exploration or puzzles or anything like a point and click, it's more like a telltale game w/ FMV

was severely disappointed in the bunker tbqh :(

aww :(
Weren't you going real hard on promoting it as well? :p

Accoun

Pft, I'm still rocking the Dual Shock 2 I bought to play Phantasy Star Universe PC on launch day.

I have my Sixaxis that I got with my 40GB PS3. I haven't used it for years, though (I think it was either for FF7 or Recettear. The former was in 2013, the other I don't remember because I opened it for a few minutes recently).

I Really wish Sega made an xinput version of the Saturn pad and was like "yo you want to play sidescrollers like Sonic and Raymanz and Meat Boy and arcade classics like Pac-Man and Shmups and fightan' games? well here you go"

probably my biggest pc gaming wish

and the XBone controller is the best console port controller

Soulflarz

Banned
I have my Sixaxis that I got with my 40GB PS3. I haven't used it for years, though (I think it was either for FF7 or Recettear. The former was in 2013, the other I don't remember because I opened it for a few minutes recently).

CAPITALISM

rtcn63

I'm starting to think Grief is trolling when it comes to Bioshock Infinite. We talked about the game in the Steam thread fairly recently, and in response to something he posted IIRC.

Ozium

Are there a lot of stages and such? I recall the demo I played way back going pretty fast through the levels.

there's 9 levels and each one is harder and longer than the last for the most part..
each level is broken up into subsections like 1-1, 1-2, etc.

there's leaderboards and replaying levels for higher scores/higher ranks

aww :(
Weren't you going real hard on promoting it as well? :p

yeah :(

the writing and acting was good, the space of the bunker is cool.. all the production value is there it's just too short and not much gameplay unfortunately.. you get far more game and agency out of contradiction for instance, at half the price

Tellaerin

I Really wish Sega made an xinput version of the Saturn pad and was like "yo you want to play sidescrollers like Sonic and Raymanz and Meat Boy and arcade classics like Pac-Man and Shmups and fightan' games? well here you go"

probably my biggest pc gaming wish

and the XBone controller is the best console port controller

Probably the closest thing I've seen is stuff like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-SEGA-Saturn-Classic-Controller-Pc/dp/B002LHS70K

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Even when it's wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom