• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Is that sub 720p or just blurred out due to the speed?

There should be an option to remove the blur in photo mode, right?

Nope, it either lets me focus on the car or the background pretty much, haven't really messed with the photo mode options too much though.

Nope, it either lets me focus on the car or the background pretty much, haven't really messed with the photo mode options too much though.

Interesting. The Crew actually has the feature to remove the blur on the car while maintaining the blur on the environment.

Anustart

How long's it take to get a refund on steam? Played 58 minutes of a game, loved it, decided to buy the bundle pack instead of just it by itself.

Sarcasm

How long's it take to get a refund on steam? Played 58 minutes of a game, loved it, decided to buy the bundle pack instead of just it by itself.

Thought steam deducted the amount if you owned a game in a bundle.

Or is that up to the publisher?

I want a Lost Planet 1 remaster so fucking bad.

That was a great horror action game during the 360 launch.

Lost Planet 1>>>>> any of the Gears of Wars

Anustart

Thought steam deducted the amount if you owned a game in a bundle.

Or is that up to the publisher?

Well, the game I bought was Fibbage XL, and decided I wanted the jackbox party pack 2 instead for the extra games. Haven't bought the party pack yet, was going to wait on the refund.

Alright everybody else in the Gears thread is useless. Does SteamGAF have direct emails or any idea where I can go to fight for my free Gears code? I bought my card when Amazon offered it and I can't seem to make any headway.

The Nvidia website won't show me the email address.

YEEEEES!

"Please Bang My Wife"

PS4 Pro version when?

I want a Lost Planet 1 remaster so fucking bad.

That was a great horror action game during the 360 launch.

Lost Planet 1>>>>> any of the Gears of Wars

I loved LP1 too but I won't call it a horror game. Too bad the LP series is probably dead after the sales of LP3.

Alright everybody else in the Gears thread is useless. Does SteamGAF have direct emails or any idea where I can go to fight for my free Gears code? I bought my card when Amazon offered it and I can't seem to make any headway.

Like to get the actual code or to validate existing code? The first option seems to be hard as hell since Amazon is playing dumb at the moment. To validate, go to Nvidia support.

looks like the perfect time to ruin this thread with amine

tumblr_ocj8zaTSDm1t3qjaso1_500.gif

Uraizen

Banned

If you take it up with amazon try to get a $60 credit out of it so you can buy Gears yourself from them. If that's not a viable option I found a link to nvidia's live chat support here at the bottom: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home

EDIT. Heh, beaten.

Coreda

Urgh, god no! I genuinely don't get the praise for the DS4, it's like one step up from the DS3 personally =/

None of the previous Dualshocks were any good. Hard fact. That said its Windows support is too finicky to be a no-brainer recommendation.

Yea im not sure. Nvidia will just tell you to go to Amazon and Amazon will just give you the runaround until you find a "good" agent. Keep trying Amazon. Here are some alternatives:

Hope those help!
I'll try Amazon again I guess... But if I get $60 I'm most definitely just buying Overwatch and Diablo 3 RoS.
If you take it up with amazon try to get a $60 credit out of it so you can buy Gears yourself from them. If that's not a viable option I found a link to nvidia's live chat support here at the bottom: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home

EDIT. Heh, beaten.

Sigh, I really want something at least.

If you haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, they streamline the hacking to be much quicker (literally, a timed button press) and in realtime (so you can't take a breather during a fight). That plus actual dual wielding are the main things that make BS2 play a lot better than BS1.

I have played it on 360 years ago, but I can't remember how it worked there. Sounds less time consuming this way.

Same here. I had forgotten how much worse they were in the original than in the sequel. I end up either buying the hack or using the auto-hack tool or just not even bothering most of the time.

I'm playing on Survivor difficulty and I try to save money mostly for health kits and ammo. Sometime you enter a room with 4+ hackable objects, and it just kills off the pace, especially if you fail a couple of times. Yet I tell myself that I 'might need them', so I just have to hack 99% of the things I see.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When is this sale happening? Halloween weekend I assume or is there a different date announced somewhere?

Ive had like 60€ for months in my wallet which was supposed to be for NMS but then, well you know, and then it was for South Park but that was delayed, so I could use with a sale right about now.

Ludens

Banned
Is there a way to update Steam browser? I receive a message saying Chrome is outdated when using the Steam browser. Some sites, like Gameboomers, can't be viewed at all, showing just a blank page.

Deques

Is there a way to update Steam browser? I receive a message saying Chrome is outdated when using the Steam browser. Some sites, like Gameboomers, can't be viewed at all, showing just a blank page.
Are you using Steam to browse websites?

Why.gif

shockdude

You can't update the browser.
According to this user-agent checker, the Steam Beta browser is built on Chromium 49. No idea what the non-beta browser is built on, but it's probably also Chromium 49.

Coreda

I receive a message saying Chrome is outdated when using the Steam browser. Some sites, like Gameboomers, can't be viewed at all, showing just a blank page.

You can't update the browser.
According to this user-agent checker, the Steam Beta browser is built on Chromium 49.

Sites blocking a Chromium version that's mere months old smh. Edit: looks like it was released late last year, but still.

Irresponsible that Steam isn't updating it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Refund requests that don't run afoul of either guideline are automatically approved after a short while. Assuming you opted to have the money refunded to Steam Wallet, it should appear within 24 hours.

Wok

Fourth time in Hell I finally made it to Yama. Got him enough for his floaty head phase but got killed by falling debris. So close it hurts ( ;_;)/

It is funny how the hardest part is getting to hell the first time, and then for some reasons, in the days following the first time to hell, you get there again and again. The same happened to me.

Regarding the Haydee game, the devs themselves have made a nude model of Haydee. The texture files are in the demo, which was never on Steam, and do not appear in the main game. Someone took them and made them a "mod" for the Steam game.

This is the face of Haydee before she was turned into half-robot half-human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom