• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

goNc95N.png

Great game, finished it in one sitting. I used a guide for last couple of Achievements after finishing the game.

Uzzy

Just finished The Bunker, in under two hours!

yes and there's no exploration or puzzles or anything like a point and click, it's more like a telltale game w/ FMV

Well that's not accurate, as it would imply that The Bunker is actually a game.

Ok, maybe that's a tad overly reductive and has some unfortunate connotations, but really, it's pretty limited in its interactivity, barely giving you any time to set up the scene or explore the environment before it's breathlessly rushing off onto the main plot. Thankfully it's well acted and very atmospheric. Who'd have guessed that having proper actors on an actual set would result in a good FMV?

Ozium

Just finished The Bunker, in under two hours!

Well that's not accurate, as it would imply that The Bunker is actually a game.

Ok, maybe that's a tad overly reductive and has some unfortunate connotations, but really, it's pretty limited in its interactivity, barely giving you any time to set up the scene or explore the environment before it's breathlessly rushing off onto the main plot. Thankfully it's well acted and very atmospheric. Who'd have guessed that having proper actors on an actual set would result in a good FMV?

Jenks_reaction.gif

Parsnip

I use X1 pad for pretty much everything, it's great.
God bless rechargeable batteries.

The only thing preventing me to get it is how MS managed to make Xinput being managed differently. So for some games, especially Unity ones, Xinput support on XB1 controller is messed up :/

Afaik this isn't an issue anymore.
Well, I don't own every single Unity game, but the ones that I own and had issues in the past no longer have issues.

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
I use my Xbox One Elite controller for every game that supports it. For the ones that don't, which is usually either a Telltale game or a JRPG, I use my 360 controller.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nightork Adventures - Beyond the Moons of Shadalee -- MB-F98289B990EC2EBA - Taken by Purkake4

Valve, if I don't want to see videos in new releases, what makes you think I want to see movies there?

:mad:
them jokers at squeenix ought to port the mobile versions of dq 1-3 to steam

erdrick pls

No need to pressure Square-Enix, I'm sure they have a long line of games to port to Mobile and then report to PC.

Blu(e)

Didn't realize Darksiders Warmastered edition was coming out this month. Do we know if we're getting a free upgrade like Darksiders 2?

AHA-Lambda

I feel like I missed something looking at this page now? =/

Anyone beating GMG for Shadow Warrior 2 right now? They got it for £26.79

Tellaerin

Good taste and add also GBC and GBA RPGs

GBA definitely (it was basically a SNES Mk II, with worse sound, and it had a good library of RPGs), but what GB/GBC RPGs were really outstanding? Can't think of any "must-play" ones on that platform offhand.

Eila

GBA definitely (it was basically a SNES Mk II, with worse sound, and it had a good library of RPGs), but what GB/GBC RPGs were really outstanding? Can't think of any "must-play" ones on that platform offhand.

Hmm don't think I've played any other than pokeman, and they all got remade. Maybe Harry Potter. The one I played was ok.

Ganado

Afaik this isn't an issue anymore.
Well, I don't own every single Unity game, but the ones that I own and had issues in the past no longer have issues.
This. I don't have any problems with my XONE controller, ONLY with FFVII. For that I had to use my 360 pad.

mp1990

Banned
I'm just replaying every mainline resident Evil

I might do this myself, it's been awhile since I last played any RE. Not sure if I'll bother with 2 or 3 though, at this point I might wait for the remakes so I don't have to go through the hassle that is tank controls.

Jawmuncher

I might do this myself, it's been awhile since I last played any RE. Not sure if I'll bother with 2 or 3 though, at this point I might wait for the remakes so I don't have to go through the hassle that is tank controls.

You know I get people have trouble with them. But I can't say I ever have. As soon as you realize up on the analog is always up, it becomes second nature. Though you can't cheat the game like in REmake.

GgSy7ka.gif

Grief.exe

The learning curve really doesn't take that long, maybe 30 minutes max. If you still struggle after that, I will judge you.

Jawmuncher

Just watched the Digital Foundry footage of Quantum Break at sub 30 FPS.

I don't see how hardcore gaming enthusiasts can defend this framerate, let alone play the majority of their releases at sub 30 FPS. It's truly abysmal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA

I played on Xbox one. Didn't mind it for the most part. Aside from the weird ghosting it had. But I obviously still prefer a smoother experience. 70gb for a game with my internet on Windows Store just ain't happening. Could manage on steam if I had waited.

I feel like RE1 is designed with tank controls in mind and never expects much from you in terms of crazy action shit.

Much like RE4 is designed around the third person single stick stuff.

Just watched the Digital Foundry footage of Quantum Break at sub 30 FPS.

I don't see how hardcore gaming enthusiasts can defend this framerate, let alone play the majority of their releases at sub 30 FPS. It's truly abysmal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA

Today I fired up my Playstation TV expecting to get down with some PSP God of War games, until I realized that they play around 20 fps. Bailed pretty fast. Might play some Marlow Briggs tomorrow to wash the taste from my mouth.

Jawmuncher

I feel like RE1 is designed with tank controls in mind and never expects much from you in terms of crazy action shit.

Today I fired up my Playstation TV expecting to get down with some PSP God of War games, until I realized that they play around 20 fps. Bailed pretty fast. Might play some Marlow Briggs tomorrow to wash the taste from my mouth.

Funny enough, on a hacked pap if you boost the clock rate you can run those games at a more or less locked 30. Though your battery gets sucked up.

Been playing a bit of Assassin's Creed this week.

The jump in performance, usability and quality of the PC ports between AC II and Brotherhood is immense. Now to finish Brotherhood and wait for a Ubisoft sale for Revelations and maybe the Adewale DLC for Pirates.

Jawmuncher

Been playing a bit of Assassin's Creed this week.

The jump in performance, usability and quality of the PC ports between AC II and Brotherhood is immense. Now to finish Brotherhood and wait for a Ubisoft sale for Revelations and maybe the Adewale DLC for Pirates.

I mean, the game has to scare you somehow in October.

mp1990

Banned
The learning curve really doesn't take that long, maybe 30 minutes max. If you still struggle after that, I will judge you.
I'll be taking that as a CHALLENGE. You'll be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Oh, I don't disagree, and totally understand its purpose, but as someone who only started playing video game last gen, I didn't even had opportunities to grow used to the control scheme, so every time I'm forced to do so it's a huge hassle and I prefer to drop the game altogether than have a miserable experience.

I still don't know how I finished Drakengard 3 which averages in the mid-teens and very often drops to literally 0 FPS for seconds at a time.

I still don't know how I finished Drakengard 3 which averages in the mid-teens and very often drops to literally 0 FPS for seconds at a time.

The same way I finished FFT: War of the Lions with its 0.5 speed animation bug design decision. You know, grim perseverence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom