• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Neat, GMG sent me a treat.
T896Mf2.png

Make sure you register the Evolve Alpha quickly. Only the first 5,000 are guaranteed.

I remember hearing mixed opinion on Deadly Premonition. Is there something bad about it?

The game is very good, but actually there's something quite bad about it - at the very least in my experience -, it tends to crash a lot during cutscenes, but there is some work around that should fix it, that is you should enable "Large address aware" in the exe and double click the DPLauncher, see this and this.

The combat is definitive slower, it was a decision they made because Bruce was wearing heavier armor at that time. I didn't like the change, everything felt more sluggish, but one can live with it.

Oh, of course. I didn't mean to imply that there wasn't any change, it's just that I had no trouble getting used to it and kept my combo count high after the first couple of fights.

Maniac

Banned
Valve needs their own version of the Rains of Castamere.
Does this count? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o

Goddamn you guys need to go see John Wick. So good! Best Keanu Reeves movie since the Matrix.

(Though personally I liked Constantine a lot)

If you like a badass rampage/revenge movie. This is it. Probably my vote for underrated movie of the year. Why underrated even though it has 85% on rottentomatoes? Because movies like Guardians of the Galaxy probably got more money and press attention while this might slip under the crack.

Its like the Dishonored of movies for this year. Do yourself a favor and go see it.
I overall disliked Dishonored. So many awful design choices, bleh. Although it's still a good game, but it could've been a lot better too :/

Oh and I fucking loved Constantine aswell.

Sounds like the same bug that's been plaguing the Half-Life series for the past seven years. ;)
A356jiI.gif

You're just soulless, you know that? Heartless bastard

I bought all the Arkham Games from GMG for their Trick or Treat deal (Asylum, City, Origins, Origins Season Pass, Blackgate) and used a 25% off voucher so I only paid $18.75 for all of it.

The gifts they sent me were 3 more 25% off vouchers, 3 copies of Nosgoth Veteran Pack, 2 copies of X3: The Reunion, 1 Evolve Big Alpha code (used it), 1 copy of Papo & Yo (used it), and 1 copy of Huntsman: The Orphanage.

have some candy corn
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X3 Reunion -- MB-5BBB5301F6174BBD - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-1D9B3B2193F8F56C - Taken by The Reloader. 2 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-3AC1C1861922AC9D - Taken by yatesl. 1 entrants total.

t1414186003z1.png

Locust

I bought a 33 cent piece of DLC, and two different Painkiller H&D DLC bundles.

Won 1% off coupon on two of the purchases and 25% off coupon, Huntsman the Orphanage and x3 Reunion on the winning one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Part of the Halloween sale promotion with GMG. Reportedly, you get an Evolve key with purchase of the sale games, but I haven't found too much information on that.

It's an actual key or it's one of those "with this key you get a chance to win an evolve key!" that showed up yesterday?

It's an actual key or it's one of those "with this key you get a chance to win an evolve key!" that showed up yesterday?

It gives you the website to register at but in the email it says that you are guaranteed a key once they are sent out...you just follow the instructions and you're set

I don't get this GMG trick or treat. I've gotten 2 things, some random Darksiders 2 dlc and Legacy of Kain 1 and haven't gotten anything, not even a trick. :(

Divius

Checking my steamfriends activity I see a bunch of people bought Dark Souls, is it in a bundle or did they remove gfwl?

GMG Trick or Treat Gifts

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-C201F8E7806DED2D - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
X3: The Reunion (#1) -- MB-BC6AB963B3B815DA - Taken by Woody Invincible
X3: The Reunion (#2) -- MB-FCF847E2A9D48201 - Taken by freshVeggie
Nosgoth Veteran Pack (#3) -- MB-0DE86FE2A04A85B1 - Taken by Deques
Nosgoth Veteran Pack (#2) -- MB-5B14D071F93D4AF3
Nosgoth Veteran Pack (#1) -- MB-6B112D750D252409

oh ok i see how this gmg thing works, its emailed to you. I thought it would be part of the order. also i got Nosgoth - Veteran Pack, i was like oh sweet... its a Free2Play game... sounds more likea trick to me... time to use my last bit of GMG credit on random shit to see if i get evolved alpha. BELIEVE

L.O.R.D

i have Saint Row 4 ( normal edition ) with all important DLCs and bunch of weapons + cloth DLCs
is it worth to get the GOTC edition ?

That's not a trick. It's still a discount.

A trick would be increasing the price of your next purchase by 25%.

I don't think that would go down too well, though.

or giving you access to a closed beta for some free to play game... :( its the only thing I got, 1% off would've been better than that

They both point and laugh at the patheticness of 3D GTA gameplay and story from a towering height.
But Vice City was fun though. Can't imagine you dislike that as well?!
Don't be so grumpy old man. Try enjoying life a bit more ;)

Also, I didn't get any answers, so I'll just re-ask.

Is Rage+Scorchers DLC not region-locked and fine to buy from Russia?
Hopefully the discount is still not over.

what are the three biggest games to be released on pc this year? Only thing I can find that looks like a big title and worth getting is the new Civ but I don't think i want it. I only have a pc to play games and there is literally nothing out this fall worth getting it seems.

Did anyone else ever have a gamebreaking crash issue on The Bureau: X-Com Declassified?

I'm like 80 mins into the game and kinda enjoying it, then this fucking freeze/crash happens every time I go up an elevator as required by the story. Restarting the mission don't help either.

I'm assuming nobody else played the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom