• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

I'm finally home from my business trip 3 trains and many hours later, and a sad realisation hits me:
I'm get a career now, I can afford loads more games, but I c play them all anymore.

Feels bad man :(

Goddamn you guys need to go see John Wick. So good! Best Keanu Reeves movie since the Matrix.

(Though personally I liked Constantine a lot)

If you like a badass rampage/revenge movie. This is it. Probably my vote for underrated movie of the year. Why underrated even though it has 85% on rottentomatoes? Because movies like Guardians of the Galaxy probably got more money and press attention while this might slip under the crack.

Its like the Dishonored of movies for this year. Do yourself a favor and go see it.

Damn, get me hyped here, I love Keanu! XD

Well, that is a thing---I too like to see things be as bombastic about what they have going for it in their respective niches. Over the top action is best action, dark noir rumblings need not have slices of out of place levity just to appeal to a broader base, and so on.

But here, with this one, a bit of whimsy set on a non-standard backdrop has every indication of being "their thing" from the start. Dungeonmans is violent whimsy incarnate and should be wonderful once it gets out of Early Access to join the likes of this! The token "trying a bit hard there" stuff that does manifest in a great many other things just doesn't at all jump out to me as being present here. This just seems like a good time, and poking in the Discussion thread, it seems the dev team definitely plans to be active on post release support----absolutely essential when it comes to Roguelikes as that drive/ambition flowing onward is key to becoming a classic.

On board TWICE.

I'm all for whimsy. I think it's also something drastically missing from most art.

My main issue is with this non-committal status that's cropped up where people have taken whimsy as an exit strategy. Where something wants to be what it wants to be, but wants to excuse itself from the flak that comes with it. ("Hey, we were just emulating this and, well, this also has those issues and isn't that part of the charm?")

abracadaver

BernardoOne where are the BlazeRush impressions?
klopf_smileygkcwi.gif

Grief.exe

WHOA!!!!!!!!! Revolver 360 made it to Steam and no one is causing a ruckus? This is huge man.

Go on. What is the game about?

Does anyone else not really bother with DLC?
For me the main game is just about all the content I need. Only time I go in for DLC is if its a game I really like or it's something really story worthy/ fan pleasing.

Since I noticed a lot of people here tend to want the complete or nothing.

In my experience, DLC is rarely compelling content. From seems to be always at the top for great DLC, but I have ignored the content for the majority of the generation.

Actually the Killer Is Dead thing is really bumming me out, I know I only got to blame my PC but recent failures:

- Killer Is Dead doesn't work
- Evil Within won't run
- Divinity won't run
- Wasteland 2 is like 20-30fps at low
- and some others I might be forgetting right now

all this at the same time when Dark Souls 2 and something like RE:RE are running great and looking great. Oh well.

That's really all over the place, what are your components?

I hope all these new micromachines games weren't originally designed for iOS.
Not according to the press release. I've been after a Micro Machines like experience on Steam for a while. So this is definitely on the wishlist. At £11.99 with online multiplayer this is a day on perch for me. Hope they do a four pack for say... £39.99.

PC, PS360.

Trailer looks like it has everything I loved about V3.

Cheevos tied to kicking people...?

_____

Really need to get my office up and running so I can join you guys!

You have to have 4 people all with different Hotline Miami masks in the lobby, then you have to complete the heist with those people. I had to kick a bunch of people who didn't have the mask or had the wrong ones. I went about it the best way I could, by unlocking all the other masks myself so I could use whatever the others didn't have, but kicking people sucks as it's really the only way to effectively get the achievement, getting it by chance is just way to random for it to work.

Turfster

gamefly's horror sale day 5:
75% off Doom 3 & BFG, 50% off Resurrection of Evil
75% off Quake III, Quake 4 and Quake The Offering
50% off Wolfenstein TNO, 75% off Return to Castle Wolfenstein

You have to have 4 people all with different Hotline Miami masks in the lobby, then you have to complete the heist with those people. I had to kick a bunch of people who didn't have the mask or had the wrong ones. I went about it the best way I could, by unlocking all the other masks myself so I could use whatever the others didn't have, but kicking people sucks as it's really the only way to effectively get the achievement, getting it by chance is just way to random for it to work.

Oh yeah.

...I've been on the receiving end of that before. Thought the host was just being a dickhole.

MRORANGE

Wooh! 1 One week off from doing work, gonna be trying out some games on steam finally, might try out 'The Bureau' and complete Defense Grid 2

Firebrand

gamefly's horror sale day 5:
75% off Doom 3 & BFG, 50% off Resurrection of Evil
75% off Quake III, Quake 4 and Quake The Offering
50% off Wolfenstein TNO, 75% off Return to Castle Wolfenstein
UKOCT15OFF should give another 15% off if you're in the UK. Try just OCT15OFF if you're elsewhere.

(In Sweden I get the UK site - with UK-restricted games. Good job!)

That's really all over the place, what are your components?

Mostly shit, I got a laptop running Intel B690 + Geforce 630M + 6GB's RAM. The card is "okayish" for it's value but the CPU is the real joykiller. It was the best thing I could afford year and a half ago and I don't regret getting it + I am planning on building a new setup on December but still it bums me out every now and then :)

Omega

Banned
Saint's Row DLC in general isn't very good. I can't be the only one who feels this way.

nope.

Huge fan of the series, prefer it to GTA.

DLC is laughable though. i normally just wait for the GOTY edition of the series because i know it's coming. I might just get SR V on launch though and skip the DLC.

Kuroyume

Banned
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader is a GOG key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Darkstone -- MB-D8FC3B5D7AF61508 - Taken by Htown. 2 entrants total.
Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" -- MB-0BFFA34B59CD51AD - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Voyage: Journey to the Moon -- MB-178F7E7D71701B26 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-3B96CF41310F0753 - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader -- MB-F5CF29151FD1CCF0 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1414180725z1.png

vbep3wutqxg.gif

derExperte

Oh yeah.

...I've been on the receiving end of that before. Thought the host was just being a dickhole.

Probably the reason why I can't get into P2 like I did with P1, too much meta-crap, it's impossible to keep up.

Yep, I bought it for uni so I don't have to carry my laptop around...

Good luck with that. 7" tablets are (barely) okay for consuming content but you'll miss your laptop quickly when trying to do anything else. Sorry to say but you should've gone for a Surface or something similar, can you bring/send the Nexus back?

Strazyplus

yay managed to sort my second gpu, million thanks to DrDoogie for helping me with SLI shit. Quick Mordor test...

mog1.gif

I guess you were right afterall Arthea, it IS for bragging :p

That 636 FPS is from the first few seconds on the benchmark where the benchmark started on a black screen where nothing was actually rendered... sloppy IMO :p

I know Shadow of Mordor is "NEXT GEN need 100gb ram" but can you run it on low settings with a GTX 660M? I have an alienware laptop and I can run skyrim and such decently on medium settings, I don't care at all about looks just want to know if I can run it or if I should wait until I rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom