• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

But Vice City was fun though. Can't imagine you dislike that as well?!
Don't be so grumpy old man. Try enjoying life a bit more ;)
Eh, Vice City was okay.
I'm mainly talking things that came after it =p

Did anyone else ever have a gamebreaking crash issue on The Bureau: X-Com Declassified?

I'm like 80 mins into the game and kinda enjoying it, then this fucking freeze/crash happens every time I go up an elevator as required by the story. Restarting the mission don't help either.

I'm assuming nobody else played the game.
I played it for a few hours, at least, and never had that bug.
It's kinda weird. Have you checked integrity (probably not it, but can't hurt)

Copons

I remember hearing mixed opinion on Deadly Premonition. Is there something bad about it? That price looking is pretty good right about now.

I was going to answer, but then...

Bad: the PC port is kinda hit and miss at points.
The "some might consider bad": The gameplay some might call janky, the voice acting bad and the graphics ugly.
Good: It's pretty much the perfect mix of Twin Peaks, Silent Hill and Majoras Mask. It's an unique and incredible experience. One of the best games ever.

Totally agree.

I've yet to finish it (I got burned out for all the crashes trying to complete a worthless side quest) but the 20-something hours I've played it were absolute bliss and inspiring.
Also, really, if you're a Twin Peaks fan and you like weird Japanese stuff, then it's basically GOAT material, low production values notwithstanding.

tmarg

So I'm trying to buy Batman Oranges on GMG, and Playfire says I have $3.70 in credit, but when I go over to GMG to spend it, it says I have no credit.

What's up with that?

Volimar

Did anyone else ever have a gamebreaking crash issue on The Bureau: X-Com Declassified?

I'm like 80 mins into the game and kinda enjoying it, then this fucking freeze/crash happens every time I go up an elevator as required by the story. Restarting the mission don't help either.

I've finished the game, and don't recall that problem. Sorry.

Eh, Vice City was okay.
I'm mainly talking things that came after it =p
To be honest, I loved GTA1, couldn't get into GTA2, loved GTA3, absolutely, massively adored Vice City, detested San Andreas. Only slowly got used to GTA4 and could only admire the detailed world and physics but didn't have anywhere near as much joy as with VC.
The only Story among all those which grabbed my interest was VC's and just because it was so over the top stylized 80's stuff.
The trend that started with 4 to be more and more realistic is not what made me enjoy GTA, so I am cautious about GTA5 and won't get hyped. I usually never try to anyway.
Btw, how's your arm doing? Physical training still hurts/sucks?

I'll be out for work with absolutely no internet access.
I'm talking not even my phone with data will be usable.
I'll be out there until the well past the week after halloween.
Hopefully no dangerous mission. See you in one/two weeks then. Stay safe.

Also, just checked. Rage's discount is apparently over :(

Spyware

Is it okay to ask for friends and an invite to that Steam Group here? If so, this is me.

Just finished Legend of Grimrock in Hard Mode and Old School Mode. Wasn't that hard actually. I never had to use potions and didn't die. Resting is OP. Also had basically all bombs and special arrows/quarrels left when the last boss fell. Huh.
Still one of the best games I have ever played. Crazily intense and atmospheric.

And I can't post here without giving away stuff, as usual. Modbot will know my name well :p Not the best one but I hope someone wants this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition -- MB-A322D12AF61972A1 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Thief -- MB-DCF3AA8A89AB3E38 - Taken by Asgaro. 28 entrants total.

t1414198963z1.png

Jawmuncher

To be honest, I loved GTA1, couldn't get into GTA2, loved GTA3, absolutely, massively adored Vice City, detested San Andreas. Only slowly got used to GTA4 and could only admire the detailed world and physics but didn't have anywhere near as much joy as with VC.
The only Story among all those which grabbed my interest was VC's and just because it was so over the top stylized 80's stuff.
The trend that started with 4 to be more and more realistic is not what made me enjoy GTA, so I am cautious about GTA5 and won't get hyped. I usually never try to anyway.

Hopefully no dangerous mission. See you in one/two weeks then. Stay safe.

Also, just checked. Rage's discount is apparently over :(

It's just training nothing crazy.

demolitio

oh ok i see how this gmg thing works, its emailed to you. I thought it would be part of the order. also i got Nosgoth - Veteran Pack, i was like oh sweet... its a Free2Play game... sounds more likea trick to me... time to use my last bit of GMG credit on random shit to see if i get evolved alpha. BELIEVE

They're doing another alpha? I wonder if those who were in before will get to play again.

Jawmuncher

Dat field op. I just got off one this week. Man, I'm sure you can get a signal out there somewhere.

Do you deal with CBRN related stuff?

It's what I live for.
when they actually want to do it.

I can but apparently someone higher up wanted to try something new and said no phones.
Still trying to understand the reasoning.

S1n1st3r

Banned
OMG I can't believe this is on steam.

Deadlock: Planetary Conquest

Its the first turn-based strategy game I ever played. It got me into the genre.

If you like Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri
or like me are waiting for the eventual Civ:BE Complete edition
this will tide you over very nicely.

I didn't even know it had a sequel, and thats on steam too.

Shadownet

Banned
it runs like shit and its borderline broken in parts. Durante tried but Im not sure he suceeded, I might be mistaken I havent kept up
Ehh sounds bad :/ broken gameplay is the worst.

I only played the console version, but general gameplay was terrible. Hated driving, though there's an item that allows fast travel, but it's pretty much impossible to know about without a guide. Made it 4/5ths of the way somehow.
Hey you're going to go see the new Hunger Games? Your girl is in it!

Bad: the PC port is kinda hit and miss at points.
The "some might consider bad": The gameplay some might call janky, the voice acting bad and the graphics ugly.
Good: It's pretty much the perfect mix of Twin Peaks, Silent Hill and Majoras Mask. It's an unique and incredible experience. One of the best games ever.

Imagine an open world game whose narrative is heavily inspired by twin peaks and its gameplay aspires to be like RE4, only it's got the budget of an N-gage game but is charming as all hell.

Its gameplay is fundamentally unsound in almost every aspect, yet it ranks as one of my favorite games from last gen. There's is nothing like it, and with D4 getting unceremoniously dumped onto the xbone with no support, it might be the last complete Swery experience for a long, long time.
You guys keep mentioning Twin Peaks like you think I know what it means..
I know, I've been under a rock. I'm sorry.

Btw if anyone has an Evolve Alpha code. I'll buy it from you. I'm too lazy to spend $10 on GMG just for a code.

Kifimbo

Spare:

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cognition: Episode 1 -- MB-A3521A1CF0F5BE3E - Taken by Berlok

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Beat it and had no crashes that I can remember :(

Aitor

GMG treat
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-867D886CB3C07381 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Berlok

It definitely seems to belong to GOG

Turfster

GTA 5 is dogshit on the bottom of an elephant turd squished under a heap of mammoth doodoo.
Arm's doing slightly better every week, but still have to go through PT every few days.

user237

"Game of the Year" edition?

Really Cognition? Really?

These self proclaimed GOTY tags are getting out of hand..

The basis of the GOTY edition seems to be this page:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/26025

which does list Cognition as the "Reader's Choice" winner in a few categories. They didn't actually win the awards from the site though, just the readers. Gone Home and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons won the most awards from the site.

Both. I'm chemical (Gas Mask that sort of thing).
So it depends on what the mission dictates.
You plan on doing military till retirement? Hm, working for the government should be a stable job I guess. Anyway, pretty cool but potentially dangerous job. With Ebola currently all over the media, did you get special preparations in your job for an eventuality?
GTA 5 is dogshit on the bottom of an elephant turd squished under a heap of mammoth doodoo.
Arm's doing slightly better every week, but still have to go through PT every few days.
Oh wow, that bad? Only saw gameplay videos and it looked like a more un-janky GTA4 with a better engine (MAx Payne 3 engine I assume). But it takes itself even more serious than previous titles.
But you know, I think I'll still get it once it goes sub 10€. At that price it'll be worth it as I'll get several hours of fun at least I assume.
Do you post about your game in the indie thread? Feels awkward asking you here all the time and I also am curious to see some footage :p

Spyware

Hasn't GOTY become a (pretty bad) way of saying "a somewhat liked game's complete edition with all DLC/chapters" :p

Based on the fact that only two people added me since my post I guess it was pretty overlooked by being one of the last on the page? I would hate it to be missed since it also has a giveaway, go check it!
I got an invite, tho! Thanks! <3

S1n1st3r

Banned
Personally I don't mind self proclaimed GOTY titles.
Somebody someone liked the game.
Even if it was the developers mom.

Earth: Year 2066 GOTY edition coming 2015

10/10 - Muxwell (Developer)

I'm so proud - Muxwell's Mom

A flawed gem that should not be missed for fans of the genre' - IGN

Turfster

Do you post about your game in the indie thread? Feels awkward asking you here all the time and I also am curious to see some footage :p

Haven't had time/the opportunity to work on it the last... 4 months now.
First with my arm being useless, then having to catch up on other work.

Jawmuncher

You plan on doing military till retirement? Hm, working for the government should be a stable job I guess. Anyway, pretty cool but potentially dangerous job. With Ebola currently all over the media, did you get special preparations in your job for an eventuality?
Oh wow, that bad? Only saw gameplay videos and it looked like a more un-janky GTA4 with a better engine (MAx Payne 3 engine I assume). But it takes itself even more serious than previous titles.
But you know, I think I'll still get it once it goes sub 10€. At that price it'll be worth it as I'll get several hours of fun at least I assume.

Nothing but a light brief about it.
Still haven't decided how long to stay in.

allcapsforlyfe.PNG

lmao.

You have PC gamers, and then you have emotional PC gamers who praise the platform like it's a miracle.

10/10. Would read and have a giggle again m8. :)

(Source: http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/23/driveclub-has-become-ps4s-biggest-liability/ )

In a not as ridiculous comment as that.
The openness of the platform is what I love about PC.
Especially the backwards compatibility.
Which consoles makers are screwing over hard now.

Lomax

Wow, I was just looking at that on GoG a couple of days ago and wishing it was on Steam. I doubt it holds up, but it was one of my favorites long ago. Looking forward to getting it
in a bundle

S1n1st3r

Banned
Wow, I was just looking at that on GoG a couple of days ago and wishing it was on Steam. I doubt it holds up, but it was one of my favorites long ago. Looking forward to getting it
in a bundle

The graphics were shit even when it launched, but the gameplay still hooked me. I got it cuz of its awesome cover art. Hey, I was 10, okay.

I'm sure its still enjoyable.

Edit: On the GOG page someone posted a YT link to the amazing colonist song which is missing from this re-release version of the game apparently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j19mg4ci69A

20 hours and no issues, sorry man.

RotBot

Is there no way to see a list of all free to play games ordered by release date anymore?

I used to check the Free to Play list every few weeks to see if any interesting games have been added. After the store overhaul, all they have now is Popular New Releases, which only lists 6 new titles that are the most popular. This might be good for discoverability if you check the page once a year, but for someone who tries to keep up to date on everything, it's worthless.

Searching by the Free to Play tag is broken, as it omits a lot of games.

Is there still a way to view the list of all F2P releases sorted by date, either on Steam or a 3rd-party site?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is there no way to see a list of all free to play games ordered by release date anymore?

I used to check the Free to Play list every few weeks to see if any interesting games have been added. After the store overhaul, all they have now is Popular New Releases, which only lists 6 new titles that are the most popular. This might be good for discoverability if you check the page once a year, but for someone who tries to keep up to date on everything, it's worthless.

Is there still a way to view the list of all F2P releases sorted by date, either on Steam or a 3rd-party site?

I was wondering the same thing last week when I was checking for the latest F2P games.

Try entering Free+to+Play as a tag or you can just click this link: http://store.steampowered.com/searc...ESC&sort_order=DESC&term=Free+to+Play&page=13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom