• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Finally got around to finishing Marlow Briggs. Such a glorious game, totally needs a sequel. I wonder if it did well enough in some of those deep discount sales to warrant one or if it was considered an initial flop. Totally needs trading cards as well, seems perfect for some amazing emoticons.

Anyone else have an issue with Playfire not updating with anything you're playing? I've set my Steam profile to Public like it says but nothing I've done has updated. I should at least have a couple things done for Borderlands but it says I have 0 games and nothing done.

Tellaerin

Wow am I going crazy...or did Slave Zero just pop into my new releases feed? haha

Where's dat Shogo at?!?!

On GOG.

Or in the CD carousel next to my monitor. >.>

Even though it was technically "anime-inspired", I think the game captured the spirit of OG Robotech (not Macross) better than any game since. The script and voicework felt like a love letter to that era of localized anime.

I'd really like a sequel one day, or failing that, an HD remaster. (Talk about games crying out for the cel-shaded look!) Doubt it'll ever happen, but I can dream.

Messiah

Evil Within is all over the place. Some Sections I love, some sections I absolutely hate.

Also Evil Within Spoiler

Did I just walk back to a goddamn giant dog monster for a pair of glasses?

On GOG.

Or in the CD carousel next to my monitor. >.>

Even though it was technically "anime-inspired", I think the game captured the spirit of OG Robotech (not Macross) better than any game since. The script and voicework felt like a love letter to that era of localized anime.

I'd really like a sequel one day, or failing that, an HD remaster. (Talk about games crying out for the cel-shaded look!) Doubt it'll ever happen, butI can dream.

I definitely enjoyed it and 100% agree! I had it on a compilation CD pack that was the weirdest bundle of games (Shogo, Oni, Revenant, Heavy Metal F.A.K.K 2, and Serious Sam)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamnit, I just spit sushi over my keyboard and now it's even more disgusting. Curse you!

i6Fc0nl8XaSv3.gif

Try Origin or Uplay...
Why dont I just go hammer some nails into my dick instead >:|

Orin GA
Orin G
Oring
Orign
Origin

:O

Rush appeared with Gold! in one of the most comprehensive adventure games of the 1980s

Sorta cringed at that, but the game looks like it might be decent.

fXM2DYP.gif

That article is written by Matt Martin yet the start of it says

I find it really bizarre that he mentions his own name at the end of that as if he's quoting himself, Says RavenValor95

Maybe it's someone else writing it for him, because he can't actually type. Or maybe he's actually just Mr. Stewart.

Hinomura

Asylum is the best Batman in my opinion! ^___^

Btw...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-DEB79A3DE50C2A98 - Taken by factorone. 6 entrants total.
Project Temporality -- MB-2F2732DD556D9E27 - Taken by drakaenae. 9 entrants total.
The Culling Of The Cows -- MB-57003D8BC982C28E - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-B77BAB06A1BF79F2 - Taken by Aitor. 5 entrants total.
Them The Summoning -- MB-BF4720D5D19F5B0A - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Depths of Fear Knossos -- MB-042E85424DEFE249 - Taken by spindoctor. 9 entrants total.
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-1E26277061892414 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Glacier 3 The Meltdown -- MB-5444D1E210BE4758 - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.
Larva Mortus -- MB-32765406D1EEE6AE - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.
Haegemonia Legions of Iron -- MB-A262F124B385B116 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Splatter Blood Red Edition -- MB-DB1B94CA6CAF290B - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 6 entrants total.
Shadows Price For Our Sins -- MB-A5B1399876D0BBF4 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-0B3FFBCD99408A8E - Taken by Lomax. 8 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-E8C40BAAC2FF2439 - Taken by Mr. Poolman. 5 entrants total.
Haegemonia The Solon Heritage -- MB-4A4ED08F53EC707A
Rhiannon Curse of the Four Branches -- MB-1ACAD63832D9C75E - Taken by Pakkidis. 4 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-D83D1B71BAB15635 - Taken by Mengy. 18 entrants total.
Lone Survivor The Director's Cut -- MB-A24AEFBA737D54DC - Taken by gaiadyne. 6 entrants total.

t1414205144z1.png

Maniac

Banned

Ozium

[ 10/24/2014 06:44:39 PM ] Dustforce DX took 3:17:01 to idle.

Dustforce DX took 3:17:01 to idle

3:17:01.

iPh7wb8inG8tr.gif

3.25 AMERICAN HOURS?!

Omega

Banned
just played Chivalry for the first time in months, man they changed a lot aesthetically. UI is drastically improved as well.

Hopefully they remove archers. i don't see why they're in the game let alone why anyone would play them. the melee combat is so good, you might as well just play BF if you want to sit back and snipe.

Jawmuncher

Evil Within is all over the place. Some Sections I love, some sections I absolutely hate.

Also Evil Within Spoiler

Did I just walk back to a goddamn giant dog monster for a pair of glasses?

That was by far my favorite part in the game story wise.

[ 10/24/2014 06:44:39 PM ] Dustforce DX took 3:17:01 to idle.

Dustforce DX took 3:17:01 to idle

3:17:01.

iPh7wb8inG8tr.gif

3.25 AMERICAN HOURS?!

Yeah I find it pretty odd when they decide on higher idle times.
I guess the thought is that "hey if we make them longer they'll play it just because".
Don't think that idea has ever worked more than 5% of the time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess the thought is that "hey if we make them longer they'll play it just because".

I don't think it's ever done anything besides piss people off. Even when I'm playing a game and getting card drops, I still think "Man, I just played that for over two hours, and I still have drops remaining?" Crazy.

Apparently those Disney games are pretty heavy on the drop times too.

Ozium

I don't think it's ever done anything besides piss people off. Even when I'm playing a game and getting card drops, I still think "Man, I just played that for over two hours, and I still have drops remaining?" Crazy.

Apparently those Disney games are pretty heavy on the drop times too.

If anything I had Dustforce on my list of games to check out (I have so many platformers that I need to space them out) but this move just makes me not want to play it out of spite.

Ozium

just played Chivalry for the first time in months, man they changed a lot aesthetically. UI is drastically improved as well.

Hopefully they remove archers. i don't see why they're in the game let alone why anyone would play them. the melee combat is so good, you might as well just play BF if you want to sit back and snipe.

gotta have archers for those CoD "I gotta shoot ppl" kiddos I guess...

it's the same way in medieval mode in TF2... literally everyone hates the sniper (uses the huntsman) I've never not played medieval mode in TF2 and not heard people bitching about "fuckin snipers bruh"

There was a Geometry Wars 2?

it was a XBLA title on the 360

Tellaerin

I think some devs are still expecting people to just play the games normally and take the drops when they come, rather than idling them. I'm guessing they try to scale the drop rates so that if you played the game through to completion (or at least a good part of the way), all the cards would drop.
I used to play like that and not idle everything, before the coming of Idle Master... >.>

If anything I had Dustforce on my list of games to check out (I have so many platformers that I need to space them out) but this move just makes me not want to play it out of spite.

If you already own it, not playing it really won't do much to spite the devs. ^^;

Ozium

I think some devs are still expecting people to just play the games normally and take the drops when they come, rather than idling them. I'm guessing they try to scale the drop rates so that if you played the game through to completion (or at least a good part of the way), all the cards would drop.
I used to play like that and not idle everything, before the coming of Idle Master... >.>

I've played indie games that I've literally completely finished the game and got 100% of the achievements in and still have drops remaining...

devs need to learn that their internal "this game takes X long to complete" time is almost assuredly bullshit

If you already own it, not playing it really won't do much to spite the devs. ^^;

well I got it in a bundle so I didn't give them money and I assume that most creative people get joy from having others enjoy their creations so not going to give them the satisfaction *folds arms*

I'll probably play it eventually..... eventually

Tellaerin

I've played indie games that I've literally completely finished the game and got 100% of the achievements in and still have drops remaining...

devs need to learn that their internal "this game takes X long to complete" time is almost assuredly bullshit

Point taken. Most devs don't seem very good at judging how long the "average" playthrough takes, unless they resort to stuff like data collection in game.

Asgaro

In a not as ridiculous comment as that.
The openness of the platform is what I love about PC.
Especially the backwards compatibility.
Which consoles makers are screwing over hard now.

Yeah, definitely can't disagree with that.

It's just, I always try to imagine the facial expression and attitude of PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND LIKE TO USE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean - I've been there before as well.
When GTA V got announced for PS4 I was witnessing it all live.
First disappointment because NO mention of PC at Sony's press conference, followed by a massive injection of adrenaline when Rockstar released a trailer mentioning PC (I was the one that broke the news on gtaforums.com ).
All while spamming nonsense messages IN ALL CAPS about how good the PC platform is and that consoles are worse etc.
It was 4:30 am and when I went to bed I couldn't sleep for at least an hour.

Never again.
I hope.
Who am I kidding. I always board hype trains.

He's seen the light of GabeN and it was just too much for him, so he's lost it.

lol yes. Who can not feel blessed by the presence of this handsome man on planet Earth?

gabe-newell-santa.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
Help me GAF? I still can't seem to get Arma III to download for the free weekend. I just get a pop-up that says "Scannin for Steam game updates" and then no download is started.

Hallllp

iosefe

Yeah, definitely can't disagree with that.

It's just, I always try to imagine the facial expression and attitude of PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND LIKE TO USE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean - I've been there before as well.
When GTA V got announced for PS4 I was witnessing it all live.
First disappointment because NO mention of PC at Sony's press conference, followed by a massive injection of adrenaline when Rockstar released a trailer mentioning PC (I was the one that broke the news on gtaforums.com ).
All while spamming nonsense messages IN ALL CAPS about how good the PC platform is and that consoles are worse etc.
It was 4:30 am and when I went to bed I couldn't sleep for at least an hour.

Never again.
I hope.
Who am I kidding. I always board hype trains.

i always went to the E3 experience. the hype was palpable

Momentary

Banned
It's what I live for.
when they actually want to do it.

I can but apparently someone higher up wanted to try something new and said no phones.
Still trying to understand the reasoning.

Well, when you're deployed in the real shit away from a robust bases like Camp Arifjan or Leatherneck, you won't have that kind of stuff. Maybe they want to test out they're communications capabilities. But I guarantee people will be bringing their phones. Everyone from E-1 to E-9. People can't live without Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Clash of Clans.

Maybe you can arrange something with someone and they could be on game watch for you while you're gone.

Jawmuncher

Well, when you're deployed in the real shit away from a robust bases like Camp Arifjan or Leatherneck, you won't have that kind of stuff. Maybe they want to test out they're communications capabilities. But I guarantee people will be bringing their phones. Everyone from E-1 to E-9. People can't live without Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Clash of Clans.

Maybe you can arrange something with someone and they could be on game watch for you while you're gone.

yeah think i'll go through my wishlist and just see what stuff i'll really want if it hits a certain price.

L.O.R.D

hahahha
after waiting 24 hours , the key for Dark souls 2 season pass didn't came to my email
so i went to namco site , tried to find how to contact them
didn't find else the email
i payed using amazon , so i went to view my payment
decide to view tracking number to see this

ieuCpbD.jpg

the tracking number was actually the steam key ... WTF Namco ?

and it never went to my email , i got the first email from them about the address and something wrong , so i put another fake US address and waited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom