• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
yo srsly, i hate when korra calls naga and its time for that boring ass running minigame. thats just a pain in the ass.

Yeah the worst part of the game I hate the Naga sections, but otherwise I enjoyed it a lot when I got more of my powers back it'll really shine on a replay on Extreme with everything unlocked. I don't like the camera when you fight
the two Pringles guys
though. I never actually went to the inventory screen my entire playthrough besides the time it shows you how to do it.

Yeah the worst part of the game I hate the Naga sections, but otherwise I enjoyed it a lot when I got more of my powers back it'll really shine on a replay on Extreme with everything unlocked. I don't like the camera when you fight
the two Pringles guys
though. I never actually went to the inventory screen my entire playthrough besides the time it shows you how to do it.

yea the game really does shine when you have all elements. it should've just been like that throughout the whole game. I'd enjoy it more than I already am.

Shadownet

Banned
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!?! OMG that shit is annoying. its a decent game tho. I think I'm about to be done, about to start chapter 8. I'm pretty surpised that throughout the entire game they only have 1 model for each of the enemy benders. o-o

The bender underlings that you fight a lot are The Equalists, what they wear are basically their uniform so it make sense for them to look similar with color palate swap to represent each unit specialization. While the 3 guys you fight from time to time are the Triple Threat Triad (Water guy is Viper, Earth guy is Shady Shin and Flame guy is "Two Toed" Ping.)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
yea the game really does shine when you have all elements. it should've just been like that throughout the whole game. I'd enjoy it more than I already am.

Yeah instead of nerfing her completely they should have just taken away some combos from her and have all of them from the get go while using the leveling to "regain" stuff.

hohoXD123

The bender underlings that you fight a lot are The Equalists, what they wear are basically their uniform so it make sense for them to look similar with color palate swap to represent each unit specialization. While the 3 guys you fight from time to time are the Triple Threat Triad (Water guy is Viper, Earth guy is Shady Shin and Flame guy is "Two Toed" Ping.)

That's what I thought but weren't there two groups of the triple threat triads at the end?

Still annoys me how this got such bad reviews. About to start my second playthrough on extreme.

yes yes I know whos who. I watch the show too :p I'm saying that for the triads, they only had 1 model for each of the 3 (
except for the bunnies in chapter 7 but there only in that chapter
). Also I just beat the game like a minute ago. It was good fun, not great, but not bad. I'd give it a 6.5. If it would've started you off with all 4 elements right from the get go I would've given it a 7. I'll replay soon now that I can have all 4. I'll play on extreme of course :)

Milamber

I meant "Licensed" as in games that directly promotes a toy or show and nothing else. These type of games exist to fulfill a specific mechanic or two and are mostly repetitive garbage. Some jewels do slip through though.

Batman Arkham has set a higher standard. They can - and should - do better now.

The era of licensed cash-ins is rightfully over.

Yes and no. Arkham was based on the comic books, but it wasn't a direct tie-in to a movie or television show, and thus wasn't time-limited in its development.

Shadownet

Banned
That's what I thought but weren't there two groups of the triple threat triads at the end?
No, there is only one Triple Threat Triad, originally in season 1 it was lead by Lightning Bolt Zolt, who later got his firebending power taken away by Armon. After that his successor Viper, a waterbending took control of the gang.

yes yes I know whos who. I watch the show too :p I'm saying that for the triads, they only had 1 model for each of the 3
Well of course there is only 1 model for each of the 3 members of the Triple Threat Triad... They don't go through any physical changes throughout 4 seasons so far. Unlike Korra who has different outfits and hairstyles.

Gotta say, getting the Metro Redux bundle for $13 feels pretty great.

It'll probably be that cheap (or cheaper) eventually (it's about the equivalent of 75%) but I loved both of them so much that $13 is good enough for me.

Dr Dogg

I meant "Licensed" as in games that directly promotes a toy or show and nothing else. These type of games exist to fulfill a specific mechanic or two and are mostly repetitive garbage. Some jewels do slip through though.

They've certainly moved on from the LJN days on the NES but yeah most cash in licenced stuff is a bit paper thin. Still I liked the Cars games and some of the kiddy wink animation movie games that were rife in the early day of the 360 were alright. I played them with the intent of easy chieveos but ended up liking some of them. I quite liked Over the Hedge and the Kung Fu Panda games. What? What you all looking at me like that for?

hohoXD123

No, there is only one Triple Threat Triad, originally in season 1 it was lead by Lightning Bolt Zolt, who later got his firebending power taken away by Armon. After that his successor Viper, a waterbending took control of the gang.

Wasn't talking about the show, but at the end of the game when Korra goes into the avatar state against the army of enemies. Could be mistaken though.

Vibranium

Banned
Batman Arkham has set a higher standard. They can - and should - do better now.

The era of licensed cash-ins is rightfully over.

Man, I want Obsidian to do more licensed stuff, my dream is them returning to Star Wars and getting their hands on the Harry Potter universe with JK Rowling's blessing.

They've certainly moved on from the LJN days on the NES but yeah most cash in licenced stuff is a bit paper thin. Still I liked the Cars games and some of the kiddy wink animation movie games that were rife in the early day of the 360 were alright. I played them with the intent of easy chieveos but ended up liking some of them. I quite liked Over the Hedge and the Kung Fu Panda games. What? What you all looking at me like that for?

Airbender was the easiest 1000 points ever.

Shadownet

Banned
Wasn't talking about the show, but at the end of the game when Korra goes into the avatar state against the army of enemies. Could be mistaken though.

At the end she was fighting against Equalists footsoldiers, mecha robots, spirits AND Triple Threat Triad. Now at that moment, those may or may not be just in her head, since the antagonist seem to have some reality/mind warping power. But either way, they look like the exact same TTT I know.

Vibranium

Banned
Right here's what was removed from the iOS version of GTA SA.

Thanks to the wonders of being an old git and a child of the late 80/90's I've got most of them on CDs anywho.

Well looking through GBATemp the other day very, very early work is going on with Dolphin to see if WiiU support might materialise and so far it will reconise disc ID's and stored names. Granted that's about it but seeing as a WiiU is essentally 3 Wii CPU bolted together and some other trickery as well as a new OS I'd say we'd see that as an emulator working before a fully functioning PS3 and 360 one. Believe!
in 2025

How could they take RATM off the air???! ;_;

Also, it's "Killing in the Name"

Yes and no. Arkham was based on the comic books, but it wasn't a direct tie-in to a movie or television show, and thus wasn't time-limited in its development.

I want to believe.

Man, I want Obsidian to do more licensed stuff, my dream is them returning to Star Wars and getting their hands on the Harry Potter universe with JK Rowling's blessing.

We all want them to return to Star Wars.

You're on your own with the Harry Potter madness, though.

Vibranium

Banned
I want to believe.

We all want them to return to Star Wars. You're on your own with the Harry Potter madness, though.

Ah man, I've seen other people who want a true Harry Potter game, the universe has so much untapped potential in the past, that it's not funny. I don't see how it's madness, the wizardry could be great with a proper developer.

And yes, hopefully Obsidian can return to Star Wars sometime. Maybe Feargus can get EA to back down on the Origin requirement, they escaped uPlay at least.

Volimar

Hrmm.

Trying to play Enemy Within, but when I click on it it says it's launching Enemy Unknown and then goes back to the box that has the two games listed.

Turfster

... And I'm back.
I never want to see another P4 ever in my life.

Snow Light keys are now in Groupees BAGB9

Gamefly Horror week sale day 6: CAPCOM
  • Revelaitons 66% off
  • RE4 HD 50% off
  • RE5 50% off
  • RE6 50% off
  • DR3 25% off
  • DMC 66% off

Dr Dogg

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Well that was what was removed from the iOS version (I'm assuming the Android and Windows Phone versions too) so odds on they'll be gone from the new 360 release and what ever goes on with Steam. Fingers crossed the file format doesn't change and it's a quick fix if you own the previos Steam version or have a retail copy to hand.

RE5 50% off

That's the real horror here. Hasn't RE5 been -75% off and free with other RE Preorder promos countless times now. I guess Capcom are channeling the power of GFWL removal patches.

Ah man, I've seen other people who want a true Harry Potter game, the universe has so much untapped potential in the past, that it's not funny. I don't see how it's madness, the wizardry could be great with a proper developer.

And yes, hopefully Obsidian can return to Star Wars sometime. Maybe Feargus can get EA to back down on the Origin requirement, they escaped uPlay at least.

I really doubt EA will make another Star Wars RPG again, considering how KOTOR 3-9 turned out. (I still want to believe!)

As to the Harry Potter stuff, I wouldn't get my hopes up. HP is already on the brink of being forgotten, which kills any chance for a proper video game using the license. Its relevance died with the merchandise.

I say there's a 50% chance that Obsidian get a chance on Fallout again after 4 (which is definitely by Bethesda Studios, hopefully with new writers this time).

They can call it "Fallout 4: The Good One," by Obsidian Entertainment
don't hurt me

Turfster

That's the really horror here. Hasn't RE5 been -75% off and free with other RE Preorder promos countless times now. I guess Capcom are channeling the power of GFWL removal patches.

Yeah, I almost didn't post them, but then people would yell at me again.
I don't like it when you guys yell at me =p

Thanks for showing me Ryse is totally not for me, Rhaknar ;)

Meh, I don't have an account, twitch, and no facebook. Sorry, Rhak-rhak, no comments from me.

Nzyme32

Yeah that sucks. Although this is GTA: SA, so I'm more glad that Dre & Snoop remain in there in some form. In any case, you should be able to find out on Monday. Apparently the 360 GTA SA is out tomorrow, but since Steam is asleep on weekends, maybe Monday is a good shout.

Oh of course I am forgetting the rockstar PC delay time... maybe in a few months :p

I really doubt EA will make another Star Wars RPG again, considering how KOTOR 3-9 turned out. (I still want to believe!)

A starwars rpg in the style of something more modern like dragon age (the first one) or divinity original sin, would be a starwars writer's dream. They could use any story from the novels and get as deep into the universe as they wanted to.

I guess I can always dream.

I'm pretty sure all future Star Wars stuff will be done Disney inhouse for the kiddy stuff and EA DICE for the serious stuff.

Sounds about right. Star Wars Infinity and Star Wars: Battlefield.

A starwars rpg in the style of something more modern like dragon age (the first one) or divinity original sin, would be a starwars writer's dream. They could use any story from the novels and get as deep into the universe as they wanted to.

I guess I can always dream.
KOTOR1 and 2 already set the path any future Star Wars RPG has to use. It needn't look at other games for inspiration... as awesome as they might be.

There is a new chinese indie-game on Steam Greenlight:

268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330156875

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

I really wonder why chinese indiegames look better than most of japanese doujingames.

MUnited83

For you.

Played it for a bit. So far, so good. Indie Arcade Racing game, pretty similar gameplay to Mashed/Micromachines. The vehicles handling is actually pretty good and feels nice and tight to control. There's three kinds of vehicles. The "tanks", which are the ones with the tightest control, resistance and physical strenght. The cars, that provide the best balance between speed and maneuverability and then the flying cars, which are the fastest ones but that handle the worse, also being impacted more by attacks or colisions.

There's several weapons on the game, but there isn't a health system. Weapons are used to slow down your adversaries or to run them off the track.

Has local multiplayer up to 4 players (which works great!) and online multiplayer up to 8 players(nobody is playing it right now so I don't know how the netcode is or anything)

Overall, it is pretty fun.

My first reaction would be what game did they steal code and assets from.

It seems there is a big indie-scene over there, but seems you have to be in those communities to get to know them. Seems they dont have big exposure in the west. From what I have seen most of the games look better graphically than most of the indie or doujin-games we get from japan (excluding things by Edelweiss and such games as Cave Story or La Mulana).

hohoXD123

At the end she was fighting against Equalists footsoldiers, mecha robots, spirits AND Triple Threat Triad. Now at that moment, those may or may not be just in her head, since the antagonist seem to have some reality/mind warping power. But either way, they look like the exact same TTT I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cmd7o1of5o
0:39
Legend of Korra game spoilers!!

But yeah probably in her head as you say, just found having 6 people there a bit weird.

Milamber

It seems there is a big indie-scene over there, but seems you have to be in those communities to get to know them. Seems they dont have big exposure in the west. From what I have seen most of the games look better graphically than most of the indie or doujin-games we get from japan (excluding things by Edelweiss and such games as Cave Story or La Mulana).

Huh. The scales have fallen from my eyes. I always assumed MMO's. I didn't know they actually have a big indie scene. Too bad it's buried. I wonder why? Political?

abracadaver

Played it for a bit. So far, so good. Indie Arcade Racing game, pretty similar gameplay to Mashed/Micromachines. The vehicles handling is actually pretty good and feels nice and tight to control. There's three kinds of vehicles. The "tanks", which are the ones with the tightest control, resistance and physical strenght. The cars, that provide the best balance between speed and maneuverability and then the flying cars, which are the fastest ones but that handle the worse, also being impacted more by attacks or colisions.

There's several weapons on the game, but there isn't a health system. Weapons are used to slow down your adversaries or to run them off the track.

Has local multiplayer up to 4 players (which works great!) and online multiplayer up to 8 players(nobody is playing it right now so I don't know how the netcode is or anything)

Overall, it is pretty fun.

nice. how many tracks does it have?

Huh. The scales have fallen from my eyes. I always assumed MMO's. I didn't know they actually have a big indie scene. Too bad it's buried. I wonder why? Political?

I just think because most arent in english and the "fanscene" of chinese cultural products isnt as big as, lets say, anime-manga fans.

I was surprised when I heard about their manga-scene. Its huge and has many great titles that dont have to hide behind japanese ones, but they are only in chinese and published on chinese websites. For chinese its not really "hidden", for foreigners though its hard to find those communities if you dont know chinese.

Seems the chinese indie-scene is comparable to that, but lately it also seems Steam is getting more and more popular there lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom