• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Let me know how it goes. I bought it at retail around 2008 or so but my computer could barely play it.

Seems to work okay. Grabbed this at 4K running around 30fps. It's still very heavy with multiple cameras, but 4K is a bit nuts anyway. It appears to look correct at 16:9 as well.

Amusing that the map window doesn't scale to wider area with widescreen though.

324770_2014_10_26_00003_by_majorparsnip-d844qea.jpg

AHA-Lambda

Getting tempted to get a WiiU for Bayonetta 2, then remembering that as soon as I'd finish it I'd regret it. Hell, I do partly regret my PS4, there's not much coming for that I care for except Bloodborne.

My dad drank all my Laphroaig awhile back. He drinks all my liquor pretty much. But I live under his roof so.

Damn =/

I still live under my parents roof (not much longer for that), but my dad would lose a hand if he touched mine! (I bought some expensive stuff coming back from Dublin :p)

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Just beat the first part of Dreamfall Chapters. I love the writing in this series and this one didn't disappoint. Hope it isn't too long of a wait for the next part.

Now it's time to find something else to play. I'm leaning towards Child of Light. I bought it in that Ubisoft pack earlier this month and haven't even launched it yet.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
I thought it was fullscreen. It didn't behave like fullscreen-windowed. The game does have a lot of performance issues and bugginess though. Throughout the penultimate chapter in the city I had really crappy frame rates, and the lens flare would occasionally bug out and make rectangular shapes all over my monitor, which I'm pretty sure is unintentional.

Braag

Got me a new avatar. :)

This one is a lot more classy than this generic - although still awesome looking - Planetside 2 badge.

image.php

Source of the new one: a Hotline Miami profile background I unlocked and have been using for a long time now: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Asgaro/

If anyone wants to buy it: https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/219150-Owl (Profile Background)

I've been using that background for a while now. Love it :D

I really wish TEW had this image as a background for steam

BAgb.jpg

but nope :/
Too bad most titles offer pretty terrible backgrounds though, like screenshots straight from the game >_>

MUnited83

For you.
I've been using that background for a while now. Love it :D

I really wish TEW had this image as a background for steam

BAgb.jpg

but nope :/
Too bad most titles offer pretty terrible backgrounds though, like screenshots straight from the game >_>
Well, it does put one of your screenshots as the background if you've taken any :p

fernandes

Is there anyone that still wants this? Redeem at https://www.2kgames.com/evolve/bigalpha/form.php

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fernandes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-9AAECB30709AE5F3 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The last time I drank Bulleit, I thought it'd be good idea to walk to my former primary school and swim to the verdant island in the middle of the nearby lake because as I kid I was always curious if somebody lived there.

Nobody lives there.

I want more drunk JaseC stories.

I have Fireball and ginger ale for later tonight.

That Turok thread a week ago or so got me feeling like I should play Turok 1 and 2 again, so I got them on PC. Actually beat Turok in about 7 hours and had a lot of fun. And I properly finished the first level of Turok 2. Both feats which my child-self never dreamed of.

Whoever gets the rights to these games should definitely release them on Steam. Not only do they work completely fine on modern systems, but the gameplay holds up. They'd definitely be worth a price of about $2.50. They'd sell bundles on nostalgia alone.

Jawmuncher

That Turok thread a week ago or so got me feeling like I should play Turok 1 and 2 again, so I got them on PC. Actually beat Turok in about 7 hours and had a lot of fun. And I properly finished the first level of Turok 2. Both feats which my child-self never dreamed of.

Whoever gets the rights to these games should definitely release them on Steam. Not only do they work completely fine on modern systems, but the gameplay holds up. They'd definitely be worth a price of about $2.50. They'd sell bundles on nostalgia alone.

Seems like a perfect thing for Nightdive.
I believe they grabbed shadow man for rerelease, so the comic owner probably wouldn't mind.

Turfster

You know they'll start them at 10€ at least =p

MattyG

Banned
Figured out the culprit of my ARMA 3 performance issues: Vsync. There's a bit of tearing now, so I'm gonna try to force adaptive Vsync.

yeah well fuck you too android

who's that dude that told me to just run for it because they're slow

to hell with those godless killing machines.

Only thing I've found that works is EMP. That or a million melee attacks to the face.

Gonna grab some coffee and settle in for a nice, relaxing night of gaming.

Got some summer sausage, cheese, and whiskey as well.

hot damn. That sounds like a great combo. Even if I'm too much of a bitch for straight whiskey.

How do you keep your mouse/keyboard and/or gamepad clean? I never eat sth while gaming because of this issue.

n-n-napkins?

TrueFact:
I'm not a big fan of the N64 Turoks.
Too many aliens and shit.

You know what, I agree. Not because I like dinosaurs much more than aliens, but there's 40x more humanoid enemies than dinosaurs, which is way more than there should be for a game with the subtitle Dinosaur Hunter.

Turok 2 has lots in the first two levels, at least.

Komo

Banned
Can someone provide me an answer to this question? It's a little urgent ...

I'm in Australia. If my friend in the US gifts me a copy of Saint's Row IV over Steam, will I received the censored Australian version, or the uncensored version?

I -really- want to co-op with my US friends X:

MattyG

Banned
So Vsync causes input lag and framerate drops in ARMA 3, but there's a ridiculous amount of tearing with it off/adaptive vsync forced. Anyone know of a solution? I found some .cfg file tweaks that seemed to help, but not completely.

Grief.exe

Remember when I originally posted this months and months ago? The time is nigh!

iN4O9C25nQXXf.png

So Vsync causes input lag and framerate drops in ARMA 3, but there's a ridiculous amount of tearing with it off/adaptive vsync forced. Anyone know of a solution? I found some .cfg file tweaks that seemed to help, but not completely.

Tried forcing a 60 FPS cap with Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector?

Worst part of the Korra game is when you go to your inventory.
"I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME." "I'M HOME."
I thought that was kind of cute.
I have to equip an item before I can use it.
This however, should stop right after the inventory system was introduced.

Buy a monitor with gsync.

Miguel81

If you are at that level with a fuck ton of androids, then you need to run, because it's the only way is to go through them, can't use stealth.

EMPs are very effective, but it's hard to scrounge up enough materials to have an abundant supply. :(

Shotgun to head and Pipe Bombs are second best, but running is my preferred method as well since I'm stingy.

Mono

Have some games! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunpoint -- MB-AEF13854541BB593 - Taken by Strazyplus. 14 entrants total.
Airline Tycoon 2 -- MB-B13EF7C73E311DC6 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 3 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-7F34432CA28E8BAA - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Imperium Romanum - Gold Edition -- MB-401BAA46E86EE75A - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Grand Ages: Rome - Gold Edition -- MB-DACE929ECACC4014 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-217743914385C78B - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

t1414296468z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom