• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

I want to believe.

63FKzPP.jpg

Obsidian are balls deep just now and for the foreseeable future aren't they? I'm not sure I'd want TES manhandled by anyone else, another Fallout is fine or preferably their own original IP.

Jørdan;135875305 said:
http://i.imgur.com/63FKzPP.jpg[IMG]

Obsidian are balls deep just now and for the foreseeable future aren't they? I'm not sure I'd want TES manhandled by anyone else, another Fallout is fine or preferably their own original IP.[/QUOTE]

Obsidian never misses a chance to make a licensed game.
[quote=Wikipedia]On March 20, 2014, Obsidian announced they had begun launching a tank-centric tactical military MMO named Armored Warfare, starting with beta testers. [19]

On August 13, 2014, Obsidian announced that they had licensed the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game to make electronic games, starting with a tablet adaptation of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.[20] Paizo CEO Lisa Stevens also confirmed plans for an Obsidian-developed computer roleplaying game.[21][/quote]
World of Tanks and mobile card games covered.

KiDdYoNe

Awwww, damn. You guys know, sometimes you just want to play some good strategy game.

I'd love to get some EA's Middle-Earth, but let's try something else first. I can't remember the name, and i forgot the name of the "we'll tell you that game title" thread, so maybe you can help me out or at least give me the link to that thread.

Anyway, i'm looking for a good strategy game from mid 2000's i guess. I can remember that first (at least) missions were in the city and theme was about some bureau like CIA or something. IIRC there was a sequel to that game and i think it sucked. Not sure tho. It was like the best strategy game of the year, or at least one of the best...

So, Football Manager has a beta you can access with a pre-order. Were you to play the beta, could you then cancel the pre-order before the games release or is that not allowed?

L.O.R.D

Played it for a bit. So far, so good. Indie Arcade Racing game, pretty similar gameplay to Mashed/Micromachines. The vehicles handling is actually pretty good and feels nice and tight to control. There's three kinds of vehicles. The "tanks", which are the ones with the tightest control, resistance and physical strenght. The cars, that provide the best balance between speed and maneuverability and then the flying cars, which are the fastest ones but that handle the worse, also being impacted more by attacks or colisions.

There's several weapons on the game, but there isn't a health system. Weapons are used to slow down your adversaries or to run them off the track.

Has local multiplayer up to 4 players (which works great!) and online multiplayer up to 8 players(nobody is playing it right now so I don't know how the netcode is or anything)

Overall, it is pretty fun.

how did you get that game ?
it will be released after 3 days

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Fly'N -- MB-8D1FDB5A240A1A72 - Taken by RyanPierre
Mechanic Escape -- MB-9006F1B6C6628AB0 - Taken by Sendou

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, Football Manager has a beta you can access with a pre-order. Were you to play the beta, could you then cancel the pre-order before the games release or is that not allowed?

Since the beta is not a separate app, I'd hazard a guess and say that the release state override will give the middle finger to Steam's automatic refund feature, but since the game is Steamworks and so there are no third-party keys, Valve should accommodate a refund request provided it's actioned prior to launch.

In fewer words: 50/50. You could always seek clarification prior to committing.

MattyG

Banned
Just got ARMA 3. Is there a fairly active community of Gaffers that play it and the Breaking Point mod? From what I've seen it looks better than DayZ SA actually.

hohoXD123

Ohhh thats the part you were talking about.
Yeah that was some weird inside your head voodoo stuff. Personally nothing about why the TTT and the Equalists working for that old man.

Think he said that he had some ancient treasures hidden somewhere to fund all of that.

MUnited83

For you.
Ohhh thats the part you were talking about.
Yeah that was some weird inside your head voodoo stuff. Personally nothing about the story make any sense to why the TTT and the Equalists working for that old man.

That's after the "Inside your head" part though.

Got some summer sausage, cheese, and whiskey as well.
Summer sausage and cheese are delicious.

Get some kind of mustard for it too, though. I prefer more of a slightly spicy mustard, but honey mustard works well too.

If you can find a sweet and spicy mustard, you're set.

EDIT: Oh, and have fun with the gaming, too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The last time I drank Bulleit, I thought it'd be good idea to walk to my former primary school and swim to the verdant island in the middle of the nearby lake because as I kid I was always curious if somebody lived there.

Nobody lives there.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My dad drank all my Laphroaig awhile back. He drinks all my liquor pretty much. But I live under his roof so.

unforgivable

I'm on some Caol Ila 12 and Lagavulin 16 tonight.
while playing Bayonetta 2 yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Awwww, damn. You guys know, sometimes you just want to play some good strategy game.

I'd love to get some EA's Middle-Earth, but let's try something else first. I can't remember the name, and i forgot the name of the "we'll tell you that game title" thread, so maybe you can help me out or at least give me the link to that thread.

Anyway, i'm looking for a good strategy game from mid 2000's i guess. I can remember that first (at least) missions were in the city and theme was about some bureau like CIA or something. IIRC there was a sequel to that game and i think it sucked. Not sure tho. It was like the best strategy game of the year, or at least one of the best...

Only modern strategy games from that period that match your description I can recall are:

And the expansion:

(Click on the banner for the store page)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom