• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

demented

Remember when I originally posted this months and months ago? The time is nigh!

iN4O9C25nQXXf.png

Tried forcing a 60 FPS cap with Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector?

Mine's 17%, surprised it's even that high lol.

Legend of Grimrock 2 looks pretty incredible going by the giantbomb quicklook, although the scale seems like it would get overwealming(not that it's a bad thing). So many places to go!

Just got back from playing like an hour of RE6(Jake's Story) with the bro. Boy, after the first chapter it really starts to go down hill. I hope the other 2 stories are more enjoyable.

Guess whose teaching his niece Chess using tabletop simulator

Rhaknar?
Rhaknar.

Jawmuncher

Watched the Civ video Grief sent me to try and get a grasp of it.
Still not exactly on it, but I picked it up a bit.

Because I like to do things that make no sense i'm going to mess with the Beyond Earth Demo just to see where I stand before actually going to Civ 5.

Oh, eXperience 112 is on Steam now. Looks like they just dumped it in there without any extra work though. I wonder if there are resolution options, can't quite remember how it was even back when it came out. I can remember that I couldn't run it all that well with more than 2 cameras open though.

I think I'm going to buy it, damn it.

I actually played this a while ago (it ran OK on my Ivy Bridge/GTX670 rig, 3 cameras weren't a problem) and wrote up a partial review here in which I was lukewarm at best on it, but that was written before I finished the game. If I could amend my review, it would be to strongly advise against it because the last third manages to take everything bad about the first parts of the game (which are only OK) and amplify them with ridiculously obtuse puzzles, a final "battle" that combines the horrible camera controls with bad timing windows and the already-clunky interface, a tonally bizarre and incongruous shift in the game's setting that's nowhere as interesting and thought-out as the abandoned ship where the game starts, and an ending that wraps up precisely nothing about the story and gives almost no closure.

It's a shame because the setting and premise are pretty interesting and the indirect-camera-control puts an interesting twist on the genre, so there's definitely a good adventure game lurking under there. But the last few hours actively pissed me off, which doesn't happen often.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
"Lords of the Fallen is the new RPG from Tomasz Gop, executive producer of the first two Witcher games while he was at CD Projekt RED"

sure ... the problem is - City Interactive is the developer ...
and to this date they made such AWESOME super-hit games as:
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  • Enemy Front
  • Alien Rage (to name just a few)
... what an incredible track record they have indeed ;)

Jawmuncher

sure ... the problem is - City Interactive is the developer ...
and to this date they made such AWESOME super-hit games as:
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  • Enemy Front
  • Alien Rage (to name just a few)
... what an incredible track record they have indeed ;)

Everybody gets one.

Would anyone be able to help out with a generic GeDoSaTo problem I'm having?

I'm trying to downsample killer is dead using gedosato but it doesn't seem work. I set up a user config file with the downsampling resolution, the game is already in the whitelist and I've checked 'use whitelist'.

Any help would be appreciated, even if you could point me to a place that is explicit about how you would add any generic game.

Edit: I tried toggling the hud to see what was going on and it says some error about needing some form of injection handling.

Miguel81

Almost finished up with Book One of Korra, and should have picked up Book Two today. :(
Now that I got some gist of the show and world the game will end up meaning more to me than if I had went in blind.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mono, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunpoint -- MB-AEF13854541BB593 - Taken by Strazyplus. 14 entrants total.
Airline Tycoon 2 -- MB-B13EF7C73E311DC6 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 3 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-7F34432CA28E8BAA - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Imperium Romanum - Gold Edition -- MB-401BAA46E86EE75A - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Grand Ages: Rome - Gold Edition -- MB-DACE929ECACC4014 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-217743914385C78B - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

t1414296468z1.png

MattyG

Banned
Soooooo, I'm in love with ARMA 3. Almost done with the "survive" episode, loving every minute of it. Can't wait to get into MP and the Breaking Point mod once registration opens again.

I have $10 in my Steam wallet too, and a little I can supplement that with in my bank account. What would you guys go with; Dead Island franchise pack (played half of the first on PS3, enjoyed it mostly), Saints Row franchise pack (played 3, enjoyed it quite a bit) or The Forest (I love survival games, so I'm leaning towards this. Early Access is the only thing putting me off)? I might just get Riptide and SR4 now that I think of it. I just would hate to buy them individually when I can get the franchise packs on sale again in December.

maneil99

Soooooo, I'm in love with ARMA 3. Almost done with the "survive" episode, loving every minute of it. Can't wait to get into MP and the Breaking Point mod once registration opens again.

I have $10 in my Steam wallet too, and a little I can supplement that with in my bank account. What would you guys go with; Dead Island franchise pack (played half of the first on PS3, enjoyed it mostly), Saints Row franchise pack (played 3, enjoyed it quite a bit) or The Forest (I love survival games, so I'm leaning towards this. Early Access is the only thing putting me off)?

The forest, I hate the saints row series. The Forest is really quite good even though its EA

I have $10 in my Steam wallet too, and a little I can supplement that with in my bank account. What would you guys go with; Dead Island franchise pack (played half of the first on PS3, enjoyed it mostly), Saints Row franchise pack (played 3, enjoyed it quite a bit) or The Forest (I love survival games, so I'm leaning towards this. Early Access is the only thing putting me off)? I might just get Riptide and SR4 now that I think of it. I just would hate to buy them individually when I can get the franchise packs on sale again in December.
Saints Row. The Forest is decent, but it's still Early Access. Dead Island as a series is mediocre at best.

Lomax

If you're going to get DI: Riptide you may as well get the franchise pack, it's only $2.50 more and most people I've heard say the first one is the better one anyway. The Saints Row franchise pack is an amazing deal though, all three games are great and worth playing. All that said, it doesn't sound like you're real sold on any of the games though, may just want to hold out, we're only a month away from sale season and you'll have tons of choices then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom