• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Holy mother of god, I've played with the worst team ever in CS:GO (and we managed to win by sheer luck or something).

Our basic strategy consisted in:
- everybody go wherever they want
- the bomb carrier takes the only path where no one else went, then he drops the bomb somewhere really hard to reach and get the fuck away to score some kills
- screaming in chat
- screaming in chat saying obvious things, like "LEFT! LEFT!"
- screaming in chat calling the wrong target, like "B!" when the bomb has been already planted at A a couple of minutes ago
- screaming something to make you feel bad while you're actually saving the day (1 alive in both teams, I miss, he runs to go planting the bomb at the other side of the map, I chase him, and instead of getting some fucking silence, everybody was like "SAVE! TIME! TIME! TIME!", and when of course he planted 10s before the time was up, and when I basically jumped on his head, everybody "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHAT ARE YOU DOING", until I killed him and they were "OH GG MAN")
- at one point a guy, for a reason that still escapes me, kinda ordered me to buy a M4A1-S, even though I already was equipping a M4A1-S and he was rich enough to buy a dozen of them.

For fuck sake, I hated every single second of that match, now I kinda want to go on a killing spree in my condo, just to release some tension or something. :(

I feel like that's every match I play, minus the screaming cause I mute everybody.

Copons

I feel like that's every match I play, minus the screaming cause I mute everybody.

I'm actually pretty ok solo-queueing.
I mean, of course I like more playing with GAFfers,
but I feel that being an underskilled Silver I, I'd kinda drag them down with me :p
, but all in all, usually I find groups that are at least a bit diligent, with a single guy taking initiative and calling targets and everybody more or less following orders.
I man, I don't care if people are noobs (I am! and anyway we're talking unranked to Silver II, not really world cup material :D ), but I hate with all my heart when people mistake competitive for team deathmatch and play by themselves instead of caring for a team strategy of some sorts. :(

MayMay

Banned
Holy mother of god, I've played with the worst team ever in CS:GO (and we managed to win by sheer luck or something).

Our basic strategy consisted in:
- everybody go wherever they want
- the bomb carrier takes the only path where no one else went, then he drops the bomb somewhere really hard to reach and get the fuck away to score some kills
- screaming in chat
- screaming in chat saying obvious things, like "LEFT! LEFT!"
- screaming in chat calling the wrong target, like "B!" when the bomb has been already planted at A a couple of minutes ago
- screaming something to make you feel bad while you're actually saving the day (1 alive in both teams, I miss, he runs to go planting the bomb at the other side of the map, I chase him, and instead of getting some fucking silence, everybody was like "SAVE! TIME! TIME! TIME!", and when of course he planted 10s before the time was up, and when I basically jumped on his head, everybody "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHAT ARE YOU DOING", until I killed him and they were "OH GG MAN")
- at one point a guy, for a reason that still escapes me, kinda ordered me to buy a M4A1-S, even though I already was equipping a M4A1-S and he was rich enough to buy a dozen of them.

For fuck sake, I hated every single second of that match, now I kinda want to go on a killing spree in my condo, just to release some tension or something. :(

That sounds so painful..... :eek:

I'm actually pretty ok solo-queueing.
I mean, of course I like more playing with GAFfers,
but I feel that being an underskilled Silver I, I'd kinda drag them down with me :p
, but all in all, usually I find groups that are at least a bit diligent, with a single guy taking initiative and calling targets and everybody more or less following orders.
I man, I don't care if people are noobs (I am! and anyway we're talking unranked to Silver II, not really world cup material :D ), but I hate with all my heart when people mistake competitive for team deathmatch and play by themselves instead of caring for a team strategy of some sorts. :(

Pff you aren't dragging us down - we need to play more!

Shadownet

Banned
I will publish this information in the next issue of Science News.

In other news, I just watched the TMNT movie. God saved for some action parts, that movie was terrible. And I'm a guy who's pretty easy when it come to being a movie critic. But that was crap..

The only super awesome part was
Shredder's armor suit.

This movie need a reboot and a more competent director and cast. The entire time I was watching that movie, I could hear money being pour down the drain.

Edit: apparently the movie was a box office success. Triple the total budget. *mind blown*

I completed Teslagrad with all scrolls and secret ending. The final song is very good, but the game has some imprecise controls and spikes difficulty, dunno if is more polished on WiiU, because I read developers implemented some changes from console version in the PC one with the latest patch.

I was actually responsible for the Italian translation of Teslagrad (for what little there was to translate).

Copons

That sounds so painful..... :eek:

Pff you aren't dragging us down - we need to play more!

Well, I assure you that, considering I've been playing less than a match a day in the last couple of weeks, at the moment I'd not drag you down just because I'd downright drown you to death. :D

Tellaerin

And it is done.

Soloed my way through the main storyline in Borderlands 2, along with two of the DLCs (Captain Scarlett and Torgue). 148 hours logged, though a few of those hours were me falling asleep at the desk, so figure about 140 or so. Level 39 (and a half) when I finished. I'll probably go back and play through the Tiny Tina DLC at some point, since I've heard people say that was the best one.

Can't say I regret the time I spent with the game, though it definitely felt like a slog at some points. Story-wise, I felt there was some weird tonal dissonance going on, especially with
the stuff between Handsome Jack and Angel
. I like dark humor, but the game whipsawed between broad comedy with over-the-top characters and these dark bits that were played a little too straight.

Probably the most fun I had with the game was Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage. Loved Mr. Torgue and his over-the-top WWE-style rants - hell, the whole adventure came off like a tribute to wrestling, story-wise. And then there were gems like going off to fight a giant monster, only to discover that it was actually
a giant monster truck
. The missions didn't do anything particularly amazing mechanically (though they weren't bad either - I'd put them on par with the stuff in the main game), but the presentation really sold it for me. The length felt just right, too, as compared to the Captain Scarlett DLC, which overstayed its welcome for me by a couple of hours.

So now that I have the BL2 monkey off my back, I need to decide what "big" game (non-RPG) I'll tackle next. Eyeing Enslaved, new Tomb Raider, and RE6 now. Maybe RE6, since Halloween's around the corner. Or maybe The Darkness II? Feel free to throw suggestions my way.

I wonder if i should get metal gear rising on for 15$.
That's not bad, but the thanksgiving & xmas sales are really close, and it might get an even better deal.

So random question I tried to look around on Steam Support and a little on Gaf. But I bought a Steam Wallet card from a local retailer and went to a friends house. There was about 7 people there. Well long story short, someone stole my steam card. I made a support post on Steam Support but is there anything they can do? I have the number of the card and stuff just not the key to enter it on steam. I had to go back and get a reprint of the transaction.

Tellaerin

I wonder if i should get metal gear rising on for 15$.
That's not bad, but the thanksgiving & xmas sales are really close, and it might get an even better deal.

Unless you want to play it right now, I'd hold out for that 75% off (along with any price drops along the way, depending on how long you end up waiting).

Knurek

Oh god, I've played 30 hours of FFXIII during the last two weeks.
Didn't play anything else, bar some short TWINE VN.
I should be getting bored of the game already, and yet loving every single last second of it.
Still prefer FFXII, Yoshida > Nomura, etc. But yea, unless something goes completely wrong in the last chapter, I'm positive I'll try to go for at least complete hunts collection (not sure whether I'll bother with 5 staring all of them, depends on how tedious the later ones are). Maybe even complete crystarum for all characters?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So random question I tried to look around on Steam Support and a little on Gaf. But I bought a Steam Wallet card from a local retailer and went to a friends house. There was about 7 people there. Well long story short, someone stole my steam card. I made a support post on Steam Support but is there anything they can do? I have the number of the card and stuff just not the key to enter it on steam. I had to go back and get a reprint of the transaction.

Someone on Reddit was in a similar situation, but he never updated the thread with Valve's response. My guess would be that since you have proof of purchase, Valve should be willing to top up your account; physical retailers generally replace lost gift cards provided one has the receipt.

Shadownet

Banned
The only "PK" I'm familiar with involves people ganking one another outside of a safe zone. >.>
P.K.K.
Haseo_Xth_Form.jpg

fantomena

Got this message on YouTube today. Man, some people try to troll to hard.

Isn't the internet great. It allows shitheads like yourself to say shit that would, in real life
get your head cracked open.

Hopefully you'll suffer the same fate fucking cunt.

Please turn to the loaded gun in your drawer, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger,
blowing your brains out. You'll be doing the whole world a favor. Shitbag.

I would love to smash your face in until it no longer resembled anything human, faggot.

Die painfully okay? Prefearbly by getting crushed to death in a
garbage compactor, by getting your face cut to ribbons with a
pocketknife, your head cracked open with a baseball bat, your stomach
sliced open and your entrails spilled out, and your eyeballs ripped
out of their sockets. Fucking bitch

I would love to kick you hard in the face, breaking it. Then I'd cut
your stomach open with a chainsaw, exposing your intestines. Then I'd
cut your windpipe in two with a boxcutter.
Hopefully you'll get what's coming to you. Fucking bitch

I really hope that you get curb-stomped. It'd be hilarious to see you
begging for help, and then someone stomps on the back of your head,
leaving you to die in horrible, agonizing pain. Faggot

Shut the fuck up f aggot, before you get your face bashed in and cut
to ribbons, and your throat slit.

You're dead if I ever meet you in real life, f ucker. I'll f ucking
kill you.

I would love to f ucking send your f ucking useless ass to the
hospital in intensive care, fighting for your worthless life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzxGOFye7Hs&feature=related

I wish you a truly painful, bloody, gory, and agonizing death, cunt

Tizoc

Paperinik. But there were two series.
Paperinik is the oldest and classic one, while PK is the best and new one.
Basically Donald Duck find a massive tower governed by a modern AI, called Uno. In this tower are stored massive weapons, and he will use them to fight the Evroniani, a galactice race of aliens.
And there are a lot of cool things, like cyborgs,a time traveler and so on.

original_pkna19-e1395446414448.jpg

Trauma_vs_PK_7.jpg

You just reminded me of the english fan translations of this series...I should catch up @_@
So wait PK is being released on Steam or something?

Yaska

Finally a reprint of PK I can buy!
pk-slide.jpg

Sorry for the OT :p

where!? They brought this to Finland as well, and it was so awesome reading these while growing up.

On the topic though, Civ: BE still feels weird and confusing but more and more I play it becomes better.

Yakkue

Oh god, I've played 30 hours of FFXIII during the last two weeks.
Didn't play anything else, bar some short TWINE VN.
I should be getting bored of the game already, and yet loving every single last second of it.
Still prefer FFXII, Yoshida > Nomura, etc. But yea, unless something goes completely wrong in the last chapter, I'm positive I'll try to go for at least complete hunts collection (not sure whether I'll bother with 5 staring all of them, depends on how tedious the later ones are). Maybe even complete crystarum for all characters?

Nice to see someone else is having fun with the game :) I didn't complete the crystarium for everyone because I felt that would take forever, and I also didn't get 5 stars in all of the missions, but doing all of them was definitely a lot of fun!

Wow, that's really horrible.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Paperinik. But there were two series.
Paperinik is the oldest and classic one, while PK is the best and new one.
Basically Donald Duck find a massive tower governed by a modern AI, called Uno. In this tower are stored massive weapons, and he will use them to fight the Evroniani, a galactice race of aliens.
And there are a lot of cool things, like cyborgs,a time traveler and so on.

I actually remember really liking his series even though I probably only read 3 issues. (I had a very short attention span as a kid)

What horrific thing did you do to get this surley 100% deserved...critique?

So New Game and Continue? :D

Basically yes!

More seriously there was the menu, the name for each of the places you visit, the instruction manual and store description, etc.
The hardest thing was coming up with acceptable names for the various enemies.

I also was responsible (in a two man effort) for Little Inferno's Italian translation and that was a hell of a lot harder and time consuming (mainly because of the countless puns, etc.).

Funny thing is... the last game I played in Italian must have been 6-7 years ago (I was tired of hearing the same two voice actors). In French it's a tad better, but still... I prefer the English version.

I helped those indie devs just because I like helping out, and not because I'd get something out of it!

EDIT: PKNA (Paperinik's New Adventures) is awesome and I recently bought the whole collection. It's too bad Disney comics are dismissed just because they feature Disney characters.

oipic

That same text has been doing the rounds on the internet for at least a couple of years - why someone would choose to 'use' it is beyond me, but I certainly wouldn't take it personally.

fantomena

Speakign of YouTube, here is my Korra video. Had some problems compressing it, but I finally made it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9kL5J73GkE

Sorry man, it just really gets to me that you haven't turned your mic volume down yet.

Still to high? Goddamn, gotta be better at lowering it.

That same text has been doing the rounds on the internet for at least a couple of years - why someone would choose to 'use' it is beyond me, but I certainly wouldn't take it personally.

Yeah, I looked up on Google and many have received it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom