• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Strange, how come I have been seeing stuff like "this product activates only in x region"

As of about six weeks ago or so, new releases are region-locked by default. The vast majority of stuff that released prior is region-free, which is what Deques was getting at.

Vazduh

Just finished Metro: Last light (Redux).

Can't remember a recent game with worse human AI than this one. It made the stealth levels and the game overall far too easy. Also,
the English speaking alien
. Really? The last battle had a great intro, but the battle itself was disappointing (too short and too easy). Shame that the bad parts ruined the whole experience, because the thing that the game does, does very well: the technical side was great, gunplay was far more satisfying than in 2033 and the horror elements were good. Story itself wasn't too bad, with the exception I mentioned in the spoiler tags.

Even though 2033 had a lot of unrealized potential, it was more consistent and overall better experience than Last Light.

valouris

ModBot said:
Instructions for valouris:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-23B23F9655ED3039 - Taken by Pakkidis. 16 entrants total.
Blackwell 1 Legacy -- MB-B059D5DF4F6A7047 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-33E8899E4C5AFF7E - Taken by confuziz. 1 entrants total.
XCOM UFO Defense -- MB-AB5ABF1D364D2B44 - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Interceptor -- MB-4D151365BE325DED - Taken by sprinkles. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-AEDD9CED6C497DC5
Blackwell 2 Unbound -- MB-18794E43C692DAF0 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Hitman Contracts -- MB-80F2840BE38AB0C4 - Taken by Kiru. 13 entrants total.
Blackwell 3 Convergence -- MB-A4FB008BE9FB198E - Taken by Berlok. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Terror from the Deep -- MB-76B48B85BB471D84 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
XCOM Enforcer -- MB-0959E84B216511EF - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
XCOM Apocalypse -- MB-32FF37A52C026023 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1414417795z1.png

Just doing a small giveaway for my extra humble bundle keys. Good luck, hope someone wants some of these.

MattyG

Banned
Has anyone else noticed that enemies' reaction to getting hit in ARMA 3 is really weird? They kind of jerk back, let go of their gun which floats there for a split second, and then they jerk back to their original stance. It also seems like it takes more hits to down enemies (3 or 4) than in ARMA 2 (1 or 2).

Other than that, game's amazing. Most fun I've ever had with a military sim. I'm gonna try to finish the campaign and try MP and Breaking Point early this week, so if anyone wants to team up just let me know! I'd love a partner that's smarter than the AI!

gabbo

And it is done.

So now that I have the BL2 monkey off my back, I need to decide what "big" game (non-RPG) I'll tackle next. Eyeing Enslaved, new Tomb Raider, and RE6 now. Maybe RE6, since Halloween's around the corner. Or maybe The Darkness II? Feel free to throw suggestions my way.
Darkness II, especially if you liked the first.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't be the only person in the world thinking that if you are a fan of something you should doubly stay away from bad games based on it.

Tizoc

You can see were they are. They are always in an already hollowed out space.
spikesxef1m.png

(sorry for the crappy quality. I already uninstalled the game so I just searched for this in a youtube video)

Did you save the key? It might still work.

Didn't have the time since i got it via my iphone and...i was at work =_=

Jawmuncher

The first playthrough is kinda slow because you have to unlock everything. In the second with everything it is a really good game. But it is obvious that they didn´t have much time/money because it had way more potential.

I have to do 2 playthroughs to have the real game?
That's some jank right there. You get it right the first time or don't bother.

FtHTiny

Well the game overall is short and you unlock all 4 bending types after some chapters so your options in the first run are limited. With all combos and bendings unlocked it is the most fun.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question and not something worth starting a thread over. What's the best program to use to join 2 videos together ? For example if I take a video with Shadowplay it splits files every 4 gigs or so, so just wanting to stitch them back together :)

Quick question and not something worth starting a thread over. What's the best program to use to join 2 videos together ? For example if I take a video with Shadowplay it splits files every 4 gigs or so, so just wanting to stitch them back together :)
Something simple like windows movie maker will work just fine for that.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-legend-of-korra

So, in the end, how good is Korra?
Those reviews are really bad.
It's pretty good.
I'd recommend it to fans of the genre, but I agree with FtHTiny that it REALLY gets good on the second playthrough since you have all your abilities unlocked at that point, it helps to think of it like DMC4 where you play through the same levels twice but the second time through is way cooler because you've got all these new abilities.

tebunker

Banned
At what point do you stop, you know, with the LOTR bundle, which is a great price and 3 solid games, and then things like the Halloween sale.. I feel like I just need to pull out.

Anteater

basically all PG games that's not vanquish due to how they do their skills progression ;) except that this game is a lot shorter than their other games so it's especially noticeable that they limit your skillset for half of the game, but yeah second playthrough was more fun than the first.

At what point do you stop, you know, with the LOTR bundle, which is a great price and 3 solid games, and then things like the Halloween sale.. I feel like I just need to pull out.

When you have no money left.

Or you can just say to yourself, "I already bought enough games for this month, let me finish some of them before spending more money."

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

You have to go in as enthusiastically and deep as possible. Repeat as necessary until you have spent everything you have regardless of the consequences.

Some thought about Alien: The developers should make the Alien AI to go take a hike to somewhere else when NPCs are telling you stuff, or else I can't concentrate when it's *pom pom pom* right above me, shit is so tense!

Anteater

Don't recall having that issue with either Bayonetta or anarchy reigns.

You won't get enough halos to unlock all bayonetta accessories and skillset in 1 playthrough from what I can remember, so you don't use her at her full potential, but you're right I guess they didn't lock the core mechanics like korra did. I just meant that their games are generally designed for multiple playthroughs. Things like panther and crow don't unlock until later in the game for example.

Grief.exe

Some thought about Alien: The developers should make the Alien AI to go take a hike to somewhere else when NPCs are telling you stuff, or else I can't concentrate when it's *pom pom pom* right above me, shit is so tense!

On the other hand, I find it endearing that you truly are never safe.

It's going to be an interesting GOTY race this year, with the massive AAA franchises critically flopping, Destiny/Watch Dogs, or building off the same, tired formula, Assassin's Creed/COD.
Since it's GAF, I'm guessing there is a chance the Last of Us port will win...

AHA-Lambda

It's going to be an interesting GOTY race this year, with the massive AAA franchises critically flopping, Destiny/Watch Dogs, or building off the same, tired formula, Assassin's Creed/COD.

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

Jawmuncher

My goty is still bravely default.
A 3DS game i played in February.
With Transistor as the runner-up.
Its been kind of a sad year if you ask me.

AHA-Lambda

Yep, sad thing is if Hotline Miami 2 doesn't come out this year, I only have A Bird Story (the To The Moon spin off) to look forward to :S

I rarely scour the rooms for resources, just pick up stuff along the way, and skimmed through most terminal entries because it can kill me any time. I'm fine with it, I don't use my gadgets a lot, and those journals aren't so interesting.

Console only players still outnumber us, good thing we have our own GOTY list.

Turfster

It annoys the fuck out of me that Styx apparently has an achievement for (since it's a hidden chievo)
dueling 20 dudes, since that's impossible in Goblin difficulty

Lomax

I have a feeling that free Warlock 2 was actually supposed to just be the DLC that came with it, but based GamersGate always looking out for the customer... Hopefully it won't get revoked, considering they honored the Bethesda mess up you wouldn't think so but since no one actually "paid" for this one, they might.

RK9039

Yup Dark Souls 2 is great, and the PC port was actually good this time. Divinity: Original Sin and The Banner Saga are my favourite games this year though.

The best console game this year is probably Bayonetta 2.

ed: And Ground Zeroes is almost here for PC, can't wait.

Jawmuncher

No love for Wolfenstein: TNO?

I'm still trying to figure out why people loved it so much.
Thought it going back to classic FPS design was great, but I sure didn't think it warranted more than a decent FPS if you ask me.

--------------------

Dark Souls 2 and Divinity are 2 games I need to play but havent.
I own both but Divinty is daunting to start and DS2 I own on PS3 and i'm still waiting on the PC version instead.

Grief.exe

2014 has been good, but 2015 will be an amazing year.

Yup Dark Souls 2 is great, and the PC port was actually good this time. Divinity: Original Sin and The Banner Saga are my favourite games this year though.

The best console game this year is probably Bayonetta 2.

I haven't played Bayo yet, but I would have no problem with That game winning the GOTY.

thankfully the /v/GAs will redeem it all
/lennyface

Thought it going back to classic FPS design was great, but I sure didn't think it warranted more than a decent FPS if you ask me.

My GOTY so far. Gameplay-wise, some things reminded me of Bulletstorm... which is a definite plus in my book. And the storytelling + characterization was excellent.

I really liked the pacing and the story. They also did a really good job with BJ, he felt like a human being in TNO.
That the gameplay was really good helped tremendously, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom