• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Well.

img_1020aqu62.jpg

I'm going to hold out until Blackfriday to see what kind of deals I can scrounge up. I was hoping to fall back on the $200 delux refurbished deal from Nintendo, but that ran out of stock.

Tenrius

Stop tempting me >_<

I also got this cute tanooki notebook from the same store, maybe that might divert your attention.

I'm going to hold out until Blackfriday to see what kind of deals I can scrounge up. I was hoping to fall back on the $200 delux refurbished deal from Nintendo, but that ran out of stock.

I got my Wii U in July for 11000 rubles, that's $260 nowadays but was more like 315 back then (what with the exchange rate going up like crazy). It's the Zelda limited edition and it also came with a Wind Waker HD download code, so I think I got a fairly nice deal (especially considering that even the regular 32 Gb versions are usually more expensive here, something more like 14-15k rubles). The only downside was that the system itself had some scratches because it was apparently on display some godforsaken Siberian town's branch of the store chain I got it from (they shipped it to me from there and it was also apparently the last one they had), but the gamepad was fine and the rest of the stuff was there as well. Always some story behind the stuff I get lol.

So I bought Deadly Premonition and played a few hours and felt super nostalgic for PS2 games. Something about the UI and graphics (and invisible walls) made me miss those games.

Are there other PS2-y games on Steam? I already own Star Wars Battlefront II. What else is out there (and can be played with a controller)?

tebunker

Banned
ModBot said:
[

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tebunker, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Huntsman the Orphanage -- MB-61B28AE371D51126 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-BA42AB6B6D0A3154 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
X-3 Reunion -- MB-91038F0E9D6D1687 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.

t1414349031z1.png

MY GMG "Treats" That I would call more like lumps of coal, but if anyone wants em they can have em

Tenrius

So I bought Deadly Premonition and played a few hours and felt super nostalgic for PS2 games. Something about the UI and graphics (and invisible walls) made me miss those games.

Are there other PS2-y games on Steam? I already own Star Wars Battlefront II. What else is out there (and can be played with a controller)?

Check out the Obscure series, those games are all right. They recently got updated with achievements, controller support and (maybe, not sure) widescreen support. There are also the Legacy of Kain games, the Oddworld games, Enclave, Marc Ecko's Getting Up, Psychonauts and many more (that's just some random games from my library lol). And then there's Rayman 2, but you can't buy it (evil laugh).

It's not very clear what do you mean by "PS2-y games", by the way. The PS2 library is quite diverse, so do you mean just the games that were released in that era or have something more specific in mind?

By the way, why is Freedom Fighters not on Steam? Some copyright issues, I assume?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is The Club any good? $3.74 on GMG right now.

It's got some interesting ideas. It's a score-based arcade-ish shooter; the two games most similar to it would be Bulletstorm and 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand, although both differ in sort of important ways. It's a very one of a kind game. I'd maybe watch some video reviews to get a better sense of what the appeal is.

Grief.exe

Here are some of my favorites from that generation that are available on Steam.

Splinter Cell: CT
RE4
KOTOR I/II
San Andreas (Wait for patch)
Psychonauts
Fable
Riddick
Morrowind
Republic Commando
Jedit Knight/Jedi Academy
RTCW
Bully
Jet Set Radio
Max Payne 1/2
Call of Cthulhu
DMC 3 (might as well throw 4 in there for good measure)
Hitman: Blood Money

louiedog

I don't know why I'm considering buying San Andreas right now for $3.75 on my 360. I guess because I have credit to burn.

There's no way I'll play it there though. I hope PC gets a similar launch price.

Tenrius

I don't know why I'm considering buying San Andreas right now for $3.75 on my 360. I guess because I have credit to burn.

There's no way I'll play it there though. I hope PC gets a similar launch price.

Will there be a patch or will they force it to buy it again?

Shadownet

Banned
No clue. I don't own it on Steam. I kept putting off all of the sales but with tracks that I like being removed I wish I had bought it.
Dr.Doggie said that those who own the old version will see a patch with the songs being remove as well. Unless you save the files.. Somehow. He listed the instruction.

Asgaro

Just... just take it off my hands already.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-368E61A99C3532DD
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-D8F164277B35B84D - Taken by Dambrosi. 8 entrants total.

t1414360431z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Dr.Doggie said that those who own the old version will see a patch with the songs being remove as well. Unless you save the files.. Somehow. He listed the instruction.

Not necessarily. We don't know yet if it will be removed from the old version or not. Depends on a lot of things.

Kinda incredible how the Source 2 stuff just fizzled out like that. One of the most awaited events...and it's gone! Valve take low-key to a whole new level, haha.

Check out the Obscure series, those games are all right. They recently got updated with achievements, controller support and (maybe, not sure) widescreen support. There are also the Legacy of Kain games, the Oddworld games, Enclave, Marc Ecko's Getting Up, Psychonauts and many more (that's just some random games from my library lol). And then there's Rayman 2, but you can't buy it (evil laugh).

It's not very clear what do you mean by "PS2-y games", by the way. The PS2 library is quite diverse, so do you mean just the games that were released in that era or have something more specific in mind?

By the way, why is Freedom Fighters not on Steam? Some copyright issues, I assume?

Thanks! There isn't anything specific about PS2-y games. Just the general low-polygons and simple art styles (compared to now).

Here are some of my favorites from that generation that are available on Steam.

Splinter Cell: CT
RE4
KOTOR I/II
San Andreas (Wait for patch)
Psychonauts
Fable
Riddick
Morrowind
Republic Commando
Jedit Knight/Jedi Academy
RTCW
Bully
Jet Set Radio
Max Payne 1/2
Call of Cthulhu
DMC 3 (might as well throw 4 in there for good measure)
Hitman: Blood Money

Awesome! I'll add those to my wish list!

AsfaeksBR

Started playing Shadow Warrior, and I'm on Chapter 3 right now.
The combat is so good, Katana all the way! And it's also really pretty.

uKjLVs1.gif

Anteater

i swear i saved the game last night in alien isolation

i was drunk but still

what the fuck is this, why am i doing the same portion again

edit: haha the xenomorph just grabbed and pooped on my face from the vent, fuck

Grief.exe

Wow, 2015 is going to be the year of the co-op shooter. Grab some friends and your alcoholic beverage of choice.

Killing Floor 2
Evolve
The Division

Rumors
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
L4D3

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

So deadly premonition is like 90% off on steam right now... but I've heard bad things about it being a terrible PC port... I am pretty tempted but I might just choose to save 3 bucks if I end up not wanting to play it. =/

Grief.exe

Left 4 Dead 3

Half-Life 3

Can't believe I forgot L4D3, fixed my post.

So deadly premonition is like 90% off on steam right now... but I've heard bad things about it being a terrible PC port... I am pretty tempted but I might just choose to save 3 bucks if I end up not wanting to play it. =/

Most of the issues have been fixed by Durante, but there are still some extraneous issues you may run into.

Wow, 2015 is going to be the year of the co-op shooter. Grab some friends and your alcoholic beverage of choice.

Killing Floor 2
Evolve
The Division

Rumors
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
L4D3

Honestly your post could've just been "KF2, 2015" and every gentlemen and gentlewomen of fine taste would've creamed their pants.

Annubis

I was on my way to beating One Way Heroic with the hero and made a stupid mistake that killed me at 1200 km...
It's always one stupid mistake that kills me.

This time it was crossing a mountain with a weak enemy on the other side (5 free attacks on me) which wouldn't be a problem IF i didn't forget to unequip my training bracelet that lowers my stats by a lot.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

Great game.

Sendou

Man 2015 is looking barren for me.
Come on VGX.

2015 seems insane to me. Nintendo delivering hard and well... everyone seems to be delivering hard so I'm alright with how things are turning out.

Doubt anyone wants to reveal stuff at VGX with how the last year turned out.

Jawmuncher

2015 seems insane to me. Nintendo delivering hard and well... everyone seems to be delivering hard so I'm alright with how things are turning out.

I'm looking at a list

MGSV,Revelations 2, and REmake are the only must buys for me.
I just have bad taste. But i'm keeping it PC centric.

Copons

Goddamn, my cat started behaving like a MGR:R enemy: she approaches towards me prowling and as soon as she find the right attack spot she starts looking at me. Then suddenly - I swear - a red blink flashes from her eyes and she jumps against me.
At that point, if I'm really, really quick and accurate, I can parry her attack putting the part of my hand between the thumb and the index finger inside her mouth to block her jaw, and perform a masterful reposte tickling her belly.
Or else, she gets to my shoulder and with claws unleashed she tears my hoodie apart.

Kinda annoying that amazingly my reaction time is even slower than the one I have in game.

EDIT: apparently lashman is in-game, so maybe this time there won't be any avatarquote :D

The_Monk

Evolve
The Division

Will keep my eye on these 2. Evolve seems like a fun game to play with friends, creating strategies to win, etc.

Didn't knew the rumour about Sunset Overdrive on PC, that is new to me.

From the Xbox One, PC players already got Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Can these two also appear on the PS4? If only I could play FORZA on PC. Right now it's not worth the investment of a Xbox One just for FORZA5 & Horizon 2 unless I had a wide budget and even then, getting too much electronics in my space is not really something I like.

I'm looking at a list

MGSV,Revelations 2, and REmake are the only must buys for me.
I just have bad taste. But i'm keeping it PC centric.

I'm liking your list to be honest. However, I still have the first revelations to play!

abracadaver

Lucius, I've been playing it for a few hours now and I really like it

Lucius is the son of the devil who has to clear the mansion of its residents. To do this he must orcastrate accidents without anyone suspecting him of any foul play. The player starts as Lucius and must cleverly devise these incidents from simple household items. Every time he succeeds he will gain supernatural powers to help him take full control.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lucius -- MB-0E109B5E3E427D13 - Taken by RyanPierre. 3 entrants total.

t1414353652z1.png

ss-003urrhh.jpg

lucius78rzq.jpg

There is also nudity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom