• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well GAF, I survived 24 hours of straight gaming and it was glorious. I had a lot of fun doing some short (1 - 2 hour) forays into almost 20 games in my backlog. Some of them I'll definitely be replaying and finishing, others... probably not.

Thanks everyone that showed up to my stream!

I'm getting everything together, and later this evening I'll be doing the raffle for 24 awesome games from IsThereAnyDeal.com. So far we've raised $823.00 for the children's hospital in Portland, OR! The donations are technically open until some time in November, but if you'd like your shot at the raffle you've only got a few hours left to donate.

Thanks again to everyone that's supported this great cause. Of the almost 50,000 Extra Life participants this year, Enhanced Steam is in the top 1,000 for money raised. So really from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

legacyzero

Banned
Wow, 2015 is going to be the year of the co-op shooter. Grab some friends and your alcoholic beverage of choice.

Killing Floor 2
Evolve
The Division

Rumors
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
L4D3

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

ibgzfNkHeu5qRa.jpg

NEO0MJ

Might as well offer them here.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NEO0MJ, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Huntsman the Orphanage -- MB-64A92489E9C72184 - Taken by Secret Fawful. 1 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-35B561811D454C5E - Taken by Odrion. 1 entrants total.

t1414368657z1.png

Edit: Changed the rules.

Parsnip

Well GAF, I survived 24 hours of straight gaming and it was glorious. I had a lot of fun doing some short (1 - 2 hour) forays into almost 20 games in my backlog. Some of them I'll definitely be replaying and finishing, others... probably not.

Thanks everyone that showed up to my stream!

I'm getting everything together, and later this evening I'll be doing the raffle for 24 awesome games from IsThereAnyDeal.com. So far we've raised $823.00 for the children's hospital in Portland, OR! The donations are technically open until some time in November, but if you'd like your shot at the raffle you've only got a few hours left to donate.

Thanks again to everyone that's supported this great cause. Of the almost 50,000 Extra Life participants this year, Enhanced Steam is in the top 1,000 for money raised. So really from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Well done!

Is The Club any good? $3.74 on GMG right now.
The PC port has its flaws - it runs on GFWL for starters - and The Club has its rough edges mechanically, but the actual concept behind it made for one of my personal favorite games for the previous generation of consoles. I never did like the Mercenaries sidemode in the Resident Evil games for a number of reasons, but The Club improves the formula in a number of ways despite the shooting not being as visually satisfying; matters like spawn locations or number of enemies (which is increased on higher difficulties) not being random like in Mercenaries, it having some racing game design principles with how speed is of importance for higher scores, no score-related exploits to be found et cetera.

Makes me sad that Bizarre Creations closed down and that this wasn't conceived as a smaller game that could be sold at a cheaper price on various digital distribution services for an arcade-like timewaster; think RedLynx' Trials series. It was something special, and I would've liked to see no-brainer features (like in-game replays) implemented in a hypothetical sequel if Bizarre was given a second chance.

But season 3 is great.
I remain skeptical after season 1 and 2.

onionfrog

Dark Souls just finished installing. Is there anything I need before I start a playthrough?
Don't put any points into resistance when you level up. It's a useless stat.

Also you'll want to stay under 50% of your equip load. Ant higher and you'll roll like a sack of potatoes.

L.O.R.D

sorry if this another DR3 post , but i must do it

man, that feeling when you drive this thing and crush and dice dozen of zombie like they are nothing but juicy tomato
simply , BEST vehicle in the game
look at the blood
if they made a kart racing about capcom , they must USE THIS

tumblr_lkbir4d4DY1qdo7yb.png

94f.png

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks for the Dark Souls tips guys, though I just remember, I should probably wait for GFWL to be taken out before starting my game.

Divius

Thanks for the Dark Souls tips guys, though I just remember, I should probably wait for GFWL to be taken out before starting my game.
Yeah, might as well. Will happen soon
ish
. Also make sure to grab DSfix. If you ever need any pointers or help hit me up on steam, I'd be glad to help.

Coreda

So just trying Idle Master for the first time, is it correct that the 'play time' for each game idled will appear in my Steam profile?

How do you check whether a game is region locked now that it doesn't show up on the steam page? It used to say "This game is only purchasable in ************" but it no longer does even for locked games.

Lomax

Right. I suppose that's to be expected, although it does artificially inflate the times. Is there an average time it takes to idle per game?

20 minutes per card is the default value but some games (notoriously Blade Symphony) take much longer (an hour or more per card).

nbraun80

Just some games I had laying around from recent bundles, hopefully someone can get some use out of them.
ModBot said:
Instructions for nbraun80:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbraun80, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bridge -- MB-006971DFEBFDEE0A - Taken by Dusk Golem. 7 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-2AF8958356A7085D - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
FTL Advanced Edition -- MB-AF2759996A706F91 - Taken by tebunker. 4 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-F881AB2DF0832980 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-47A5A4A034E03077 - Taken by nja. 6 entrants total.
Zenbound 2 -- MB-B3CB985918EE8B03 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
Osmos -- MB-FB6D513A11FB282B - Taken by Mengy. 2 entrants total.

t1414372792z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thank you for those that donated to extra life and kept me company during the 24 hours stream, it was fun. The final tally was $174.16, which was more than I initially thought I would do, but its a shame we didnt get to $200 for the Shadow of Mordor raffle, oh well :)

As promised for reaching $100 in donations, here is a copy of Beyond Earth

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth -- MB-7788A771558469C9 - Taken by oipic. 108 entrants total.

t1414448452z1.png

yatesl

Gaf, help me understand Dustforce. I love indie platformers as much as the next guy, but I can't get my head around this. The controls are SO clunky, and not in a Dark Souls "Oh, I get this now" way. I can't even get out of the (new?) tutorial area because I'm doing a wall and ceiling run, stopping half way, and not able to jump. And any movement means taking a massive step left or right. I even had to load up Spelunky, to make sure my PS3 pad drivers weren't adding input lag to it.

Edit: OK I was supposed to dash jump, but my point still stands

L.O.R.D

i am soo stupid , so so stupid
i knew i shouldn't browse any sound track video on youtube
but time , i got spoiled , by a title for a soundtrack that belong to FF 13 LR which belong to the final boss
the problem i was browsing OST for FFXIII , and that track was Featured in the right panel of youtube
FML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom