• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
that Shotgun though.
If you shoot someone in the leg with the nail gun they limp away. Best part though is shooting them in the head and having them fly 50 feet and get stuck to a wall. Shotgun is amazing though.
21090_2014-10-26_0000far98.png

21090_2014-10-26_0000wjris.png

And wow, that's a shame about Fear Online. What even is a Combat Arms?

Coldsun

Banned
I'm planning on writing up about a paragraph on each of the games I played, if you guys wouldn't object I'll post my impressions here as well
beware: eventual incoming wall of text

Also, thanks for watching ;)

This was the first year I watched a stream (and donated) to an extra-life streamer (you :D). Definitely was a fun experience for a great cause. Looking forward to next year.

derExperte

People who are looking for a Bullet Hell SHMUP with a new gimmick should really try REVOLVER 360.

It's got a great presentation, with great visuals, a decent soundtrack, and a unique revolving mechanic that allows you to place bullets for maximum points or to help you get out of an impossible situation.The live update for where you place on the leader boards really adds to making the player want to better their skills at destroying the most bullets as possible to increase the score multiplier. I really can't believe the game hasn't gotten any buzz. For this year's releases: Hangeki, Danmaku, Ikaruga, Crimson Clover, Astebreed, and this game should be in every SHMUP fan's library.

Demo(s) here: http://crosseaglet.xii.jp/game/R360R/download.html

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of valouris, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-23B23F9655ED3039 - Taken by Pakkidis. 16 entrants total.
Blackwell 1 Legacy -- MB-B059D5DF4F6A7047 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-33E8899E4C5AFF7E - Taken by confuziz. 1 entrants total.
XCOM UFO Defense -- MB-AB5ABF1D364D2B44 - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Interceptor -- MB-4D151365BE325DED - Taken by sprinkles. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-AEDD9CED6C497DC5
Blackwell 2 Unbound -- MB-18794E43C692DAF0 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Hitman Contracts -- MB-80F2840BE38AB0C4 - Taken by Kiru. 13 entrants total.
Blackwell 3 Convergence -- MB-A4FB008BE9FB198E - Taken by Berlok. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Terror from the Deep -- MB-76B48B85BB471D84 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
XCOM Enforcer -- MB-0959E84B216511EF - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
XCOM Apocalypse -- MB-32FF37A52C026023 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1414417795z1.png

I just updated to Windows 8.1 from 7. It make me uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials in order to do the upgrade. Is Windows Defender really enough to keep me safe? I don't want to install a an antivirus program unless I really have to.

zkylon

zkylewd
zklyon i think is my favorite mistypo yet

sounds like russian or something

also still no idea what you're talking about but ok

I just updated to Windows 8.1 from 7. It make me uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials in order to do the upgrade. Is Windows Defender really enough to keep me safe? I don't want to install a an antivirus program unless I really have to.

I think MSE was folded into Defender. I'm guessing it just runs on its own in the background now? I never bothered installing an additional antivirus program.

Though I am playing around with Malwarebytes now.

im gonna get it during the winter sale or whenever I'm prepared for it, watch me only be able to play it on low. >_>

Just as a quick heads up, you can get the Redux bundle (2033 and Last Light) for $13 (which is about the equivalent of 75% off) through a trader.

I doubt it'll go that low during the Winter Sale, so it should still be cheaper doing it now (not to mention that you'll have it to play way sooner).

Shadownet

Banned
Turn that SSAA up to x4 and just watch the slideshow. :D

No I don't mean like 60fps smooth. (well it is a stable 60fps) But I meant like the skin and texture look too smooth. Like this guy hair was ridiculously slick. there is no volume in there. just multiple clump laying on top of one another. Almost like claymation but with a coat of oil on top.

I just got back to my apartment after spending a weekend with my girlfriend. I miss her already :(

even though she did get in between my gaming time

Maniac

Banned
I had a "proud dad" moment a little bit ago when my 17 year old daughter revealed that she was tuned in to my Twitch channel (from her laptop in her bedroom) almost the whole time I was playing.

"Dad, your reaction at the end of Hatoful Boyfriend was priceless."
Does she take on her father? If so, she'll be hella sex... Ehm, I mean, a great person and awesome, charming... Uh, well, and sexy. And possibly Jason Momoa-like.

I just got back to my apartment after spending a weekend with my girlfriend. I miss her already :(

even though she did get in between my gaming time
Don't lie. We don't play games, we just buy games.

Also we do yoga, but we're fucking awful.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mine still seem to be working, did you pay with your Steam wallet or an actual payment method? Had you played before? Did you already have it installed?

I know I've played it before, but I may have not booted it since I bought that pack in June. It's weird that it gave me another error after I booted it again today.

GArg2Nv.png

will try validating the game files

FloatOn

I've had some bad times in thread creating land. also one of the only other games on ps3 is giving me shit.

I may just give up on it, smash out demon souls and return to the happy place that is steamgaf.

I'm sorry for hating arkham origins and alpha protocol but it is what it is

zkylon

zkylewd
Why did you pick zkylon anyway?
fantasy name i made for myself when i was like 10 or something

sounded cool then and it reminds me of me when i was 10 so it's kinda cute now

I've had some bad times in thread creating land. also one of the only other games on ps3 is giving me shit.

I may just give up on it, smash out demon souls and return to the happy place that is steamgaf.

I'm sorry for hating arkham origins and alpha protocol but it is what it is

you should

alpha protocol is beauty

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I've never had an issue using that exclusively and I'm a pretty advanced Internet user.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I forgot one of my favorite games of the stream, Splinter Cell Blacklist, that shit isfucking awesome. Fuck all you haters :(

also, I have a question about nvidia, they sometimes give away games with cards and shit correct? is that a "insert card code here for game" type thing or if the card doesnt mention anything im shit out of luck?

Jawmuncher

I forgot one of my favorite games of the stream, Splinter Cell Blacklist, that shit isfucking awesome. Fuck all you haters :(

also, I have a question about nvidia, they sometimes give away games with cards and shit correct? is that a "insert card code here for game" type thing or if the card doesnt mention anything im shit out of luck?

Blacklist is pretty well regarded around here.

People hated Blacklist? What gaf were you browsing?

If it's anything like AMD you get a website to go to and put in a special promo code then follow the instructions...if there was no special deal mentioned when you got the card then you wouldn't get anything

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I function under the impression that steamgaf hates everything while drinking bourbon and smoking cigars.

maybe stallionfree just posts a lot, I dunno

You picture everyone as Fidel Castro?

yes. also, smoking cigars, not drinking them >_>

except you kirosia, I now hold your opinion above anyone else because Blood Dragon is awesome. Until you shit on something I like of course, then you are dead to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom