• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

i am soo stupid , so so stupid
i knew i shouldn't browse any sound track video on youtube
but time , i got spoiled , by a title for a soundtrack that belong to FF 13 LR which belong to the final boss
the problem i was browsing OST for FFXIII , and that track was Featured in the right panel of youtube
FML

The Final Boss isn't even that cool so it's fine.

NEO0MJ

Man, Darksiders seems to have the most inconsistent framerate, and lowering resolution doesn't seem to have much effect at all. Anyone have experience with it?

i am soo stupid , so so stupid
i knew i shouldn't browse any sound track video on youtube
but time , i got spoiled , by a title for a soundtrack that belong to FF 13 LR which belong to the final boss
the problem i was browsing OST for FFXIII , and that track was Featured in the right panel of youtube
FML

You goofed bad, brah. I don't even trust checking out any youtube video for a game I hadn't played yet, especially if it's been out for a while, because youtube seems dedicated to sticking late-game spoilers as recommended videos.

You goofed bad, brah. I don't even trust checking out any youtube video for a game I hadn't played yet, especially if it's been out for a while, because youtube seems dedicated to sticking late-game spoilers as recommended videos.

lol yea. I remember like 2 or 3 years ago I wanted to hear some of the type 0 songs cause a friend of mines told me they were good, one of the videos that popped up had a scene from the ending and the title describing what happens at the end.

bruh.

Its alright though, I don't really care much for that game anyway now since I wanted it on my vita and not my ps4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had a "proud dad" moment a little bit ago when my 17 year old daughter revealed that she was tuned in to my Twitch channel (from her laptop in her bedroom) almost the whole time I was playing.

"Dad, your reaction at the end of Hatoful Boyfriend was priceless."

L.O.R.D

Man, Darksiders seems to have the most inconsistent framerate, and lowering resolution doesn't seem to have much effect at all. Anyone have experience with it?

that right
but i already finished FFXIII , but the Featured song with titles boss name in the right panel for another game

dani_dc

Wow, 2015 is going to be the year of the co-op shooter. Grab some friends and your alcoholic beverage of choice.

Killing Floor 2
Evolve
The Division

Rumors
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
L4D3

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

3-4 years ago this would had made me very excited.

Now I can no longer care :(

Annubis

I had a "proud dad" moment a little bit ago when my 17 year old daughter revealed that she was tuned in to my Twitch channel (from her laptop in her bedroom) almost the whole time I was playing.

I'm clearly not as cute as your daughter but I watched you for a good 18 hours or so.
And now I want Sniper Elite 3.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm clearly not as cute as your daughter but I watched you for a good 18 hours or so.
And now I want Sniper Elite 3.

That game was really good - I'm going to have to find out how to take down that tank boss and revisit it sometime soon. The shooting mechanics were seriously fun.

I'm planning on writing up about a paragraph on each of the games I played, if you guys wouldn't object I'll post my impressions here as well
beware: eventual incoming wall of text

Also, thanks for watching ;)

didamangi

I seem to recall that the in game v-sync cause stuttering. Try disabling it and if you need vsync, force it from your nvidia/amd control panel.

iosefe

Thank you for those that donated to extra life and kept me company during the 24 hours stream, it was fun. The final tally was $174.16, which was more than I initially thought I would do, but its a shame we didnt get to $200 for the Shadow of Mordor raffle, oh well :)

As promised for reaching $100 in donations, here is a copy of Beyond Earth

it's beautiful. congratulations on the raising

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Please change the topic title to "Real PC gamers buy Deadly Premonition"

PC Gaming: Modding yoga pants onto Forrest Kaysen.

Rumors
Sunset Overdrive

Whenever I see Sunset Overdrive, my brain just immediately autocompletes it into "Sunset Yellow Overdrive," and it actually sounds better than the original name for that attack :p

Thank you for those that donated to extra life and kept me company during the 24 hours stream, it was fun. The final tally was $174.16, which was more than I initially thought I would do, but its a shame we didnt get to $200 for the Shadow of Mordor raffle, oh well :)

Congrats on breaking $150 at least :D

Asgaro

D3lIh.gif

Oh shit. Wrong gif.

VFVTS.gif

Phinor

Just a heads up, Dungeon of the Endless is releasing tomorrow.

Ooh thanks, I'd have missed this otherwise. Bought a copy, not knowing anything about the game other than it's from Amplitude Studios and it's probably a roguelike. Sometimes you just need to have a little faith.

what I got out of this is that you're much older than I originally thought. I assumed you were in you're mid to late twenties. but then again i assume that about everyone >_>

jshackles

what I got out of this is that you're much older than I originally thought. I assumed you were in you're mid to late twenties. but then again i assume that about everyone >_>

To be fair, I'm younger than most people who have teenage kids

I always assumed he was Jason Momoa.

There's no way to prove that I'm not, until I get my picture snapped with him some day

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of nbraun80, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbraun80, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bridge -- MB-006971DFEBFDEE0A - Taken by Dusk Golem. 7 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-2AF8958356A7085D - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
FTL Advanced Edition -- MB-AF2759996A706F91 - Taken by tebunker. 4 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-F881AB2DF0832980 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-47A5A4A034E03077 - Taken by nja. 6 entrants total.
Zenbound 2 -- MB-B3CB985918EE8B03 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
Osmos -- MB-FB6D513A11FB282B - Taken by Mengy. 2 entrants total.

t1414372792z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
quick recap and impressions from what I played on extra life (and I mean quick):

Legend of Korra - better than I expected, its one of those "its more fun to play than to watch" games for sure, BUT, I still feel it feels and looks too much like a budget game, and I dont mean just the price.

Outland - loved it, and am excited to play more. The "ikaruga meets metroidvania" angle works great. And speaking of budget and prices, Outland is also $15 like Korra (or is it $10?) but it doesnt feel like a budget title at all

Outlast - Disapointing. The first act (if you can call it that) was fun, but act 2 was not fun and getting stuck in the initial zone with no idea what to do wasnt scary, or tense, it was just boring and frustrating.

Alien Isolation - Still awesome, still need to finish it, still think it needed checkpoints.

Shadow of Mordor - Seems good but technical issues on both the stream and then on my end ruined the experience for me. I think MSI Afternurner and OBS were having a feud with each other (in fact OBS warns me it doesnt play nice with MSI and you have to ignore the warning to proceed streaming). I was getting huge frame rate drops like 30minutes into the stream, which I really shouldnt on my fucking rig. To be investigated

Ryse - One of the surprises of the stream, I really enjoyed it. It started off with technical issues aswell (but in this case, they are well documented since the SLI patch recently, just go on the steam forums and theres lots of complaints) but once I turned off super sampling it was smooth sailing (but again, I shouldnt have to turn off anything on my rig, at least not for now, which is annoying). I can see how the game can get very repetitive, but damn if those eecutions arent fun to pull off / watch. Also, the game looks ridiculous. As in, ridiculously good. Seriously, wtf Crytek o_O

Saints Row 4 DLC - Coming from someone that actually likes the Saints 3 dlc, this was very disapointing. They are both REALLY short (like less than 1 hour each), and have little going for them. The xmas one at least is cute and has heart, kinda wish I saved it for actual christmas.

Metal Gear Rising - loved it, I had only played a little bit (like 20minutes) months ago, and this time I did the whole of chapter 2 (I think? I killed the dog boss and then the lady with multiple arms boss) and that game is just pure nonsense fun. Also I love how platinum games, no matter how technical they get, you can still mash buttons and cool shit happens on screen

Fable Anniversary - HOLY SHIT this is boring. I dont know what happened there, I loved Fable 2 on the 360, but I just couldnt get into this at all. The combat seems like a complete 1 button bore, the writting is atrocious, the quests seem horrible, it doesnt look that good, just...I kinda hated all of it, and its probably the game I played the least on stream. Super disapointed

Batman Arkham Origins - yup thats a Batman game alright, for better or worse. I thought I was ready for another Batman game since I finish City a long time ago but maybe I'm...not :/ I wasnt feeling it at all, and its not even because its a different developer, the game felt the same, I think im just done with that series, which sucks for Knight (but thats like 8 months away so maybe ill be excited again by then). Also Batman's cape looks shit in Origins

Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate - I actually enjoyed this one more (lol), just because Ididnt know what to expect. It kinda feels like it plays itself at times, but it seemed well made for a portable metroidvania, I dunno. Might go back to it.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - super fun, loved every minute of it. This and Shadow Warrior were probably my fave games I played. Just silly stuff all around (the writting is so bad its good), feels great, looks great, cool weapons, lots of stuff to do for a smaller game, just overall super impressed. Another game that is budget but doesnt feel budget, unlike Korra.

Shadow Warrior - same as Blood Dragon, just super fun to play. That sword is too fun to use, the magic spells where you actually have to do fighting game style motions are great, the dialogue is, again, so bad its good, it looks great, just a awesome package overall. Will deffinately play more

Hatoful Boyfriend - the last game I played in a period where I was just too tired to care anymore (lol), but it actually seemed interesting (for a visual novel). I like the writting and the characters seem good (my favorite is the hyped up pigeon something San), and the whole thing is just wonderfully bizarre.

Oh and I played some random genesis games for like half an hour, but the sega genesis collection emulator wasnt playing nie with OBS. Streets of Rage 2 is still the GOAT

Im probably forgeting other stuff I played (I tried to do 1 hour a game and theres only 14 here so there was probably others) but thats about the gyst of it. Overall a lot more stuff surprised me and was fun than not, there wasnt a lot of duds really.

Also, I apologize for people that had issues with the stream (aparently there was a lot of tearing going on on some games), I need to look into it. Again, it might be something to do with MSI messing with OBS, I need to investigate. Im going to stream Lords of the Fallen tuesday so ill try to see whats up with it on monday I guess.

Quick Mordor question:

After completing all of the story, is it possible to continue the captain and warchief kerfuffle of uruks killing you and getting promoted and whatnot?

The first Fear is still so damn good. If there's one series that I really wish could had been treated better Fear would be it. 2 was good and still fun but the AI and animation weren't groundbreaking in nearly the same way. 3 was pk and had interesting multiplayer ideas but its c-tier budget didn't help things. It really deserved to become the next big thing, and the AI and animations are still unparalleled within the genre.

Incredibly annoying bug where going into the menus caps the framerate to 60 until a restart though. At least it doesn't seem to be my monitor which I was worried about.

Edit: And the nailgun is the best weapon in any fps.

tebunker

Banned
Quick Mordor question:

After completing all of the story, is it possible to continue the captain and warchief kerfuffle of uruks killing you and getting promoted and whatnot?

Don't know if you did the dlc or seasons pass but there is also a huge challenge mode which is essentially the nemesis system on steroids with specific goals to complete in a time frame

Is Fear Online just the multiplayer from the first game or is it something else?

It looks like combat arms reskinned, but definitely most definitely far from fear mp or fear combat.

I haven't played it though, I am just judging by a video of the multiplayer. Teams have set spawns, smallish maps with choke points and yeah... not like the original fear MP which was pretty good.

jshackles

I posted the same shot last year after I finished Extra Life, so I'll do the same here.

XeSfirr.png

Not pictured: Banished and Metro 2033 Redux - both of which I played for a good bit but never unlocked any achievements.

TGMIII

It looks like combat arms reskinned, but definitely most definitely far from fear mp or fear combat.

I haven't played it though, I am just judging by a video of the multiplayer. Teams have set spawns, smallish maps with choke points and yeah... not like the original fear MP which was pretty good.

It seems to just be Fear 3 multiplayer repackaged.

zkylon

zkylewd
back from my short vacations

feels good to every now and then remind oneself there's something in life other than smog

Turfster

I posted the same shot last year after I finished Extra Life, so I'll do the same here.

Not pictured: Banished and Metro 2033 Redux - both of which I played for a good bit but never unlocked any achievements.

Seeing your and Rhaknar's list of tons of chievos pop up in my activity feed was fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom