• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strazyplus

fantasy name i made for myself when i was like 10 or something

sounded cool then and it reminds me of me when i was 10 so it's kinda cute now

Oh yeah...
I know about that...

<_<

I had a name I made when I was in my teens it sucks so bad its forever stuck as my steam account name (login name ) i wish I could change it.... since then I made up a new name for myself *cough*strazyplus*cough*

Jawmuncher

You picture everyone as Fidel Castro?

Rather the Tropico Influence
92cbde0e34666efcf7177dd85d19c84a26a2fced_full.jpg

Tried redeeming a key on steam that I got from a Groupees bundle a long time ago, turns out the key was stolen and the dev had to kill all affected keys, including mine.

I sent an email for a replacement key... hope I get one. :\

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here are the results of the Extra Life game raffle, sponsored by IsThereAnyDeal.com:

header_292x136.jpg

Dead Rising 3
Winner: waabulo

header_292x136.jpg

The Evil Within
Winner: milena87

header_292x136.jpg

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Winner: catchthebear

header_292x136.jpg

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Winner: angrychinchilla

header_292x136.jpg

Total War: Rome II
Winner: CosmicQueso

header_292x136.jpg

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
Winner: marioysikax

header_292x136.jpg

Shadowgate Special Edition
Winner: r3n4ud

header_292x136.jpg

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Winner: Helith

header_292x136.jpg

Risen 3: Titan Lords
Winner: dustlined

header_292x136.jpg

Sacred 3
Winner: wilflare

header_292x136.jpg

Fable Anniversary
Winner: orfbc

header_292x136.jpg

NBA 2K15
Winner: vby

header_292x136.jpg

Defense Grid 2
Winner: corrosivefrost

header_292x136.jpg

Alien Isolation
Winner: BruteUA

header_292x136.jpg

Gauntlet
Winner: benedict

header_292x136.jpg

South Park: The Stick of Truth
Winner: FiveElementNinja

header_292x136.jpg

Dark Souls II
Winner: Neuro5i5

header_292x136.jpg

Saint's Row IV
Winner: trojan73

header_292x136.jpg

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Winner: oipic

header_292x136.jpg

Murdered: Soul Suspect
Winner: dragonblade

header_292x136.jpg

Final Fantasy III
Winner: ponpat

header_292x136.jpg

Sniper Elite III
Winner: spazma

header_292x136.jpg

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Winner: Dakath

header_292x136.jpg

Dishonored: GOTY Edition
Winner: ethancentaurai

Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you all for your generous donations! Together we were able to raise $823.00 for the OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland, OR. I was having such fun choosing the winners that I didn't want to stop - so I didn't. I decided to put a few games of my own up for grabs and raffle them off among those that didn't win. So the runners up are:

header_292x136.jpg

Sniper Elite III
Winner: DrR0CK

header_292x136.jpg

The Walking Dead: Season 2
Winner: coldsun

Again, I'd like to thank everyone that donated - you guys are the real heroes.

EDIT: I'll be getting in touch with the winners via Steam to deliver the prizes.

bluechox2

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluechox2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-3 The Reunion -- MB-36BEF42C8EC6480A - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-69EDF2F9EDA2E3DC - Taken by factorone. 3 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-B10C3D9C2AA743CD - Taken by Pranay_. 1 entrants total.
Evolve Alpha -- MB-E0DFE938108C3F28 - Taken by maneil99. 1 entrants total.

t1414389953z1.png

some extras, no need

louiedog

Since San Andreas already got released for 360, should we expect the new Steam version to go up this week?

Hopefully.

Today is the 10th anniversary and 360 may have just been more flexible than the others stores and we'll see it on PSN on Tuesday and maybe Steam tomorrow because Valve doesn't do weekend releases.

Miguel81

Finished up Alien Iso. That was one helluva ride, and am sorry to see it end. At least I still have the extra content to go through. 41/50 cheevos, not bad since I didn't go out of my way to get them. 9/10, and possibly GOTY vote on my end. Next up are Whitleblower and TEW.

kudoboi

Oh man I dun goofed my maths paper. Idk if i can even go to college now. Might have to retain at high school :/

I blame CSGO and TTT

iosefe

Finished up Alien Iso. That was one helluva ride, and am sorry to see it end. At least I still have the extra content to go through. 41/50 cheevos, not bad since I didn't go out of my way to get them. 9/10, and possibly GOTY vote on my end. Next up are Whitleblower and TEW.

you should definitely perfect it. shouldn't be too hard

BiggNife

I just updated to Windows 8.1 from 7. It make me uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials in order to do the upgrade. Is Windows Defender really enough to keep me safe? I don't want to install a an antivirus program unless I really have to.

8.1's version of Defender has MSE built-in. You're fine.

zkylon

zkylewd
I function under the impression that steamgaf hates everything while drinking bourbon and smoking cigars.

maybe stallionfree just posts a lot, I dunno
yeah i don't think that image suits me at all

I had a name I made when I was in my teens it sucks so bad its forever stuck as my steam account name (login name ) i wish I could change it.... since then I made up a new name for myself *cough*strazyplus*cough*
well login doesn't matter too much, display is the important one :p

I googled "zyklon neogaf", and tons of people got the name wrong. Poor zkylon.
:(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

When I was making my second and still current Steam account, back in 2006, all of the names that came to mind at the time were taken, so out of frustration I typed "nofuckingidea" and hit enter. I wasn't expecting it to be available.

Grief.exe

Is there a way to get San Andreas to run at 60fps without errors? I heard the game breaks at >30fps.

It worked perfectly fine for me. Maybe there were some quirks, but I really didn't notice them. Just turn off the framelimiter and force vsync through drivers.

Even if there were issues, playing games at 24 FPS is unplayable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It worked perfectly fine for me. Maybe there were some quirks, but I really didn't notice them. Just turn off the framelimiter and force vsync through drivers.

THISGONBGUD.gif

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

you can't get more cinematic than that - I'm all for hard-locking ALL games to 23.976fps
/s

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i always thought it was zyklon. i don't know why

I still sometimes read it as zyklon in my mind, but I added zkylon to my browser's dictionary a long time ago so I know that I'm spelling it right. By this point, it's hard to misspell unless I actively do it, just like with Seahorse :p

See you in 2 weeks steamgaf.

Be careful and get back soon.

Really? Do we really have to do this again?

The ride never ends.

the
Thank you. I feel like playing it again with GTAV on the way. And getting Xinput controllers to work accurately is easy? Or a pain?

I have a Wii U pro controller that does direct input if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom