• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think I asked this weeks ago but hell if I remember, was there any more to that WWE 2K15 on PC story besides just the poster/flier/whatever it was?

Shadownet

Banned
So is there any way to make Rage look better? I know it's an old game. Also I tried making a rageconfig.cfg file to fix the POV. The default is 80, trying to change it to 100. But the rageconfig.cfg just isn't executing.

Edit: Figured out the pov thing. Now just gotta figure out if I can make Rage look better. Everything is already on max settings

Tellaerin

I function under the impression that steamgaf hates everything while drinking bourbon and smoking cigars.

maybe stallionfree just posts a lot, I dunno

Not only did I love Fallout 3, but I liked it more than NV. I've been having a good time with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Those two things alone put me squarely in the "no taste" club around here, I think.

So I just got a credit card offer from my bank for a "prequalified" card. Im 21 and I feel like I probably should be building credit. It has an apr of 20.24% and an annual fee of $39. I was thinking about getting one at the minimum of $300 solely for steam purchases and maybe food. I currently make about $200 every two weeks at my work study job. Is this a good idea for an introductory card?

Milamber

So I just got a credit card offer from my bank for a "prequalified" card. Im 21 and I feel like I probably should be building credit. It has an apr of 20.24% and an annual fee of $39. I was thinking about getting one at the minimum of $300 solely for steam purchases and maybe food. I currently make about $200 every two weeks at my work study job. Is this a good idea for an introductory card?

I don't know much about the US credit score thingy but I wouldn't get a credit card unless I'm pretty sure I can pay of my purchases immediately.

Corpekata

Banned

Pretty bad APR. I'd only get it if you pay it off totally every month, which is a decent way to build credit when you don't have much.

Miguel81

Do you have self-control and can pay it off every month? If so, then you can use it till you get better offers in the future.

DocSeuss

That's horrifying APR.

Ignore the offer, actually go to your bank, and talk to them about it.

Oh, and force yourself to run with a low limit.

Pretty bad APR. I'd only get it if you pay it off totally every month, which is a decent way to build credit when you don't have much.

Do you have self-control and can pay it off every month? If so, then you can use it till you get better offers in the future.

Yeah I figured I won't get too crazy. The most expensive thing I've bought on steam so far is the Metro Redux bundle at $25. I have about 2 g's in the bank in case I get too wild.

Tizoc

Anyone have a bigger clearer ver. of this image?
63935.gif

We need more NOPE Dark Souls images

zkylon

zkylewd
Not only did I love Fallout 3, but I liked it more than NV. I've been having a good time with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Those two things alone put me squarely in the "no taste" club around here, I think.

actually we call it "bad taste" club in the cool cats clique

maneil99

So is there any way to make Rage look better? I know it's an old game. Also I tried making a rageconfig.cfg file to fix the POV. The default is 80, trying to change it to 100. But the rageconfig.cfg just isn't executing.

Edit: Figured out the pov thing. Now just gotta figure out if I can make Rage look better. Everything is already on max settings

Nvidia user? You can force some things on through the Nvidia Control Panel like AA, HBAO ect

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's a sharpening filter in the options menu, but the game arguably looks worse with it enabled.

Shadownet

Banned
Nvidia user? You can force some things on through the Nvidia Control Panel like AA, HBAO ect

There's a sharpening filter in the options menu, but the game arguably looks worse with it enabled.
Hmm I'll try those. But I guess I shouldn't be expecting miracles from such an old game.

Yeah, that happened hours ago. Keys haven't been deactivated, though, so there's a small victory for those who redeemed them.

I think more people ended up with a copy of Warlock 2 than they did with Dead Rising 3. So a bigger victory,

Edit: Rage look like a less cartoony Borderlands and without much humor. I'm serious, I thought I was playing an early version of Borderlands.

Ozium

Yeah, that happened hours ago. Keys haven't been deactivated, though, so there's a small victory for those who redeemed them.

what happens if cards that have dropped from a game that gets removed?

I really doubt they will revoke the steam keys but just in case I wonder if I shouldn't run a little idle master while sleeping.

Ozium

guys the tweet asks about a valve and platinum collab..

it won't be HL, CS or TF for sure...

actually I could see them making a character action game w/ the cast of DOTA or set in the DOTA universe... if that happens it would be a doto I could get behind.... or maybe they make a doto spinoff that plays more like SMITE?

(will probably be ricochet 2... no not that ricochet 2, a real sequel to ricochet)

edit: while checking wikipedia for their IPs I see this??

J. J. Abrams collaboration
At the 2013 D.I.C.E. Summit, Gabe Newell confirmed that he and director J.J. Abrams were collaborating to produce a Half-Life or Portal film, as well as a possible new game.[44]

u wot m8?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
what happens if cards that have dropped from a game that gets removed?

I really doubt they will revoke the steam keys but just in case I wonder if I shouldn't run a little idle master while sleeping.

The cards continue to exist as before.

u wot m8?

I don't think anything will ever come of that.

Tizoc

guys the tweet asks about a valve and platinum collab..

it won't be HL, CS or TF for sure...

actually I could see them making a character action game w/ the cast of DOTA or set in the DOTA universe... if that happens it would be a doto I could get behind.... or maybe they make a doto spinoff that plays more like SMITE?

(will probably be ricochet 2... no not that ricochet 2, a real sequel to ricochet)

u wot m8?

Let's face the truth here:
Kamiya was there to get pointers on how to get pointers on how to do proper PC ports and the like.

Ozium

Let's face the truth here:
Kamiya was there to get pointers on how to get pointers on how to do proper PC ports and the like.

maybe Kamiya was there to give Gabe some sick burns to use on twitter next time someone threatens to kill him...

Some extra GMG vouchers I don't need:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

GMG 25% Off Voucher #1 -- MB-1EFA06C5088DF835 - Taken by Casimir
GMG 25% Off Voucher #2 -- MB-657F8C3A9CA072E6 - Taken by Zeliard
GMG 25% Off Voucher #3 -- MB-E2A2C232EC42BC45 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom