• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Time for another card alert

header.jpg

Old?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sinister City -- MB-83108FABF1E584BA - Taken by TheMadMan007

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what does it mean they revoked the game from Gamersgate btw? as in, they cant sell it anymore? thats pretty harsh if so, but at the same time, im shocked that type of thing doesnt happen more when these fuck ups happen. Then again I guess GG is pretty small, I doubt anyone would "punish" valve like that

what does it mean they revoked the game from Gamersgate btw? as in, they cant sell it anymore? thats pretty harsh if so, but at the same time, im shocked that type of thing doesnt happen more when these fuck ups happen. Then again I guess GG is pretty small, I doubt anyone would "punish" valve like that

Probably taken down while they figure out what to do with the listing. I said in an earlier post that something similar happened with the Neverwinter "Hero of the North" pack. You can't purchase it on the Steam store right now because someone screwed up the price a few months back, and it was selling for something like $0.50 for a few hours before they fixed it.

Deques

For those who didn't get a key won't get a key at all. Those who actually got a key will probably still have it in their library. Unless Paradox decides to revoke those keys as well

JaseC

I'd guess the game was removed from the store as a precaution. I doubt Paradox has blacklisted GamersGate due to the stuff-up -- that wouldn't even make sense unless GG has refused to pay for the keys that were distributed (which also wouldn't make sense as it was GG's stuff-up).

liezryou

I have joined the 3DS owners. I am now looking to buy all the games i missed over the years :p.

Pokemon X is pretty fun. Any recommendations besides the ones i'm looking for here on the B/ST?

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate is interesting from a conceptual standpoint but it feels janky as hell, especially the combat. Some elements of the game just don't mesh with the 2D gameplay either like the stealth and grappling hook. Just goes to show how a limited budget and the confines of established series conventions can damage your game. To think that the guys who worked on one of the best games ever made this.

I have joined the 3DS owners. I am now looking to buy all the games i missed over the years :p.

Pokemon X is pretty fun. Any recommendations besides the ones i'm looking for here on the B/ST?

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is sorely missing from that list. Also skip Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for MH4 next year if you're patient.

Arthea

not to take from 3DS parade, but I recently cracked 30% completion rate on steam, in fact yesterday! And I thought I'll never see a day

edited: now we'll see how long it'll last (><)

Vuze

I'd also suggest wait for 4 Ultimate if you've never touched MH before. Way easier to get into and feels much more fluid movement-wise. However I think you'll have a hard time going back to 3U after 4U so... :p

Shadownet

Banned

I'd recommend the new Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney game, Professor Layton and the Arzan Legacy too.

Look pretty good to me. You might wanna think about getting some DS classics as well?

DS Games:
Pokemon Conquest, Radiant Historia, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Okamiden, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, any Phoenix Wright game, The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents, any Professor Layton game, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Those are some of the ones I played personally.

Edit: Unless you really love Kingdom Hearts I would skip Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. But I think the 3DS Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance is worth a playthrough.

gngf123

Check out Atlus' RPG'S for both the DS and 3DS.

Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, Etrian Odyssey 1-4 and the remakes, Persona Q, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Soul Hackers, and SMT IV (that one isn't out in Europe yet, just a few more days!)

Yakkue

If you like Final Fantasy music you could give Theatrhythm: Curtain Call a try.

So how is deadly premonition?
While I neither liked the combat nor the map, I thought the rest of the game was so fantastic that I couldn't put it down. Really unique game.

dani_dc

Shadownet already mentioned them, but Elite Beat Agents (and Ouendan 1 and 2) are a must if you have any kind of interest in music games.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Man this is annoying. I'm trying to buy Condemned: Criminal Origins on GMG but it's throwing up an error after I tried to do a Paypal payment and still showing the game as being in my basket. When I log in on my phone to try it there the game doesn't show up in the site at all. Not sure what to do.

liezryou

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is sorely missing from that list. Also skip Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for MH4 next year if you're patient.

I'll be getting the digital code for link between worlds from my brother soon hopefully, so that's why it's not on the list :D.

I'd also suggest wait for 4 Ultimate if you've never touched MH before. Way easier to get into and feels much more fluid movement-wise. However I think you'll have a hard time going back to 3U after 4U so... :p

Guess i'll cross out MH3U then and wait for 4 :D.

I'd recommend the new Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney game, Professor Layton and the Arzan Legacy too.

Look pretty good to me. You might wanna think about getting some DS classics as well?

DS Games:
Pokemon Conquest, Radiant Historia, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Okamiden, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, any Phoenix Wright game, The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents, any Professor Layton game, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Those are some of the ones I played personally.

The layton vs phoenix game, any backstory required? I haven't played a layton game ever and i was waiting on the phoenix wright trilogy to be released before i picked up that game and get into layton.

I added pokemon conquest to my list, the remaining ds games i'll pick up later once i get through 3ds games :p.

Check out Atlus' RPG'S for both the DS and 3DS.

Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, Etrian Odyssey 1-4 and the remakes, Persona Q, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Soul Hackers, and SMT IV (that one isn't out in Europe yet, just a few more days!)

All good suggestions, checking them out now :p.

If you like Final Fantasy music you could give Theatrhythm: Curtain Call a try.

Shadownet already mentioned them, but Elite Beat Agents (and Ouendan 1 and 2) are a must if you have any kind of interest in music games.

The only rhythm game i ever enjoyed was guitar hero so i don't think i'll be enjoying it much.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Here's to hoping i can actually find people to sell these games to me at a decent price otherwise i won't be able to buy so many!

milena87

Thanks to Rhaknar's and jshackles' streams I now want to try the following games:

Outland: it's a really gorgeous game; it's not usually a genre that I play much, but once in a while I like something like this.

Ryse: this was a real surprise. It seemed way more fun that I thought it would be. And it looks really nice. I still fear that all the QTEs will get boring pretty fast, but maybe playing it in short bursts will help.

Shadow Warrior: it was already on my wishlist, but seeing you guys playing it will make me buy it the next time is on sale for sure.

Sniper Elite 3: I really didn't think much of this game before, but it looks fun. I'll probably buy it on sale.

I'm not sure if I'll ever actually play Outlast, though. It's there, downloaded on my hdd, but I don't know.
I'll probably start Batman AO and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon one day. Blood Dragon especially was really fun to watch. I would be more stealthy however :p

Anyway, thanks a lot guys. They were really fun streams to watch :)

STOP ASKING THIS DEADLY PREMONITION IS THE BEST GAME ON STEAM BUY IT NOW PLEASE &#3900; &#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388;

I bought the game even though nothing interests me, not the art style nor the gameplay as far as I've seen. Hopefully my mind can be changed when i actually play it.

Shadownet

Banned
The layton vs phoenix game, any backstory required? I haven't played a layton game ever and i was waiting on the phoenix wright trilogy to be released before i picked up that game and get into layton.

If I remember correctly, you don't need to play any of the old Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright game if you're planning on picking up Layton vs Phoenix. Since it's like a Naruto movie. Everything is self-contained in that game.

The Layton games are also mostly self contained, each game is it own adventure. While Phoenix games have an overall story to it if I remember correctly. So I would play Phoenix games in order if you could. If you just wanna play for the gameplay then it shouldn't matter.

Arthea

I bought the game even though nothing interests me, not the art style nor the gameplay as far as I've seen. Hopefully my mind can be changed when i actually play it.

gameplay is seriously godawful, it depends on you endurance, can you play a horrible game for the story and atmosphere, also twinpeakesy, or can't you.

Just had the Trashking card for Dustforce DX drop. Is it just me, or would this make a great Modbot "trash" image?

too cute for modbot?
I like it, though

edited: I wish they added cards before I play a game, I'm looking at you Jack Lumber devs!

tmarg

I know a lot of people around steamgaf don't care for Mario, but 3D Land is really good. It's sold about a billion copies at this point too, so you should be able to find a used copy pretty cheap.

Vuze

Ryse: this was a real surprise. It seemed way more fun that I thought it would be. And it looks really nice. I still fear that all the QTEs will get boring pretty fast, but maybe playing it in short bursts will help.

Yep, Ryse is quite decent if you play it in multiple sessions. I completed it in 4 or 5 I think and while the QTE stuff gets quite repetitive, I didn't get bored at all. Would pick it up for 10 bucks or so, the 12 or 13€ I paid for it were quite legit.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Kid Icarus GOAT Uprising, ALBW, Super Mario 3D Land, SMT IV, M&L, Theaterhytm and grab Pushmo/Crashmo and Ace 5 on the eshop.

milena87

Yep, Ryse is quite decent if you play it in multiple sessions. I completed it in 4 or 5 I think and while the QTE stuff gets quite repetitive, I didn't get bored at all. Would pick it up for 10 bucks or so, the 12 or 13€ I paid for it were quite legit.

Good to know :)

Hopefully we'll see it discounted in one of the next sales, then.

gameplay is seriously godawful, it depends on you endurance, can you play a horrible game for the story and atmosphere, also twinpeakesy, or can't you.

Yes, i enjoy a good story and atmosphere. But i am losing more and more patience over bad gameplay over time. Not sure if that makes sense.

Arthea

I stand corrected. No wonder there's so much difference between games.

Edit: I wonder if they'll eventually allow cards to drop from doing stuff in-game? In addition to idling, obviously.

as someone noticed before, it seems card system can be expanded, into second level cards, third level cards and so on. So far it remains lvl1 cards, but it might be not forever.
OTOH I doubt we will ever get free cards from games (meaning for doing stuff in game), until they are tradeable, that is. Oh, and they will remain tradeable seeing as cards (to the lesser degree backgrounds and emotes) market is huge already.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
as someone noticed before, it seems card system can be expanded, into second level cards, third level cards and so on. So far it remains lvl1 cards, but it might be not forever.
OTOH I doubt we will ever get free cards from games (meaning for doing stuff in game), until they are tradeable, that is. Oh, and they will remain tradeable seeing as cards (to the lesser degree backgrounds and emotes) market is huge already.

Yeah, I just meant having the option to trigger a drop through completing a level or something similar as well as through playtime, not dropping a new set of cards or anything. Although I guess that'd be a way to expand it. Wouldn't tie them into achievements with the ease of using something like SAM to unlock them though.

Omega

Banned
Man Sunset Overdrive is getting pretty damn good reviews. I hope it will come to Steam soon. It would look fantastic in 1080p+ and 60fps.

Currently 83 on Metacritic.

I hope it comes but it won't. I don't even think Insomniac has ever released a game on PC.

I bought an Xbox One for this game. Sold it two months ago...

Ended up buying a 144hz monitor with that money, so it worked out in the end.

Jørdan

GamersGate was a Paradox Interactive offshoot and retains strong ties, Paradox's CEO still retains a minority stake in GG. Relations between the two companies are unlikely to be effected, some course Swedish might be exchanged though.

Shadownet

Banned
I hope it comes but it won't. I don't even think Insomniac has ever released a game on PC.

sheeeet i should sell my ps4 and buy a 970.

JaseC

As I said in the other, now-closed thread, Insomniac has only released two other console games that weren't published by Sony and there were 17 years between them. As far as the company's release history is concerned, there's not really enough data from which to draw conclusions regarding the likelihood of Sunset on the PC.

Insomniac has not released a game on PC because only 2/20 games they've made were not IP owned by Sony.

Well, there is Outernauts!

Miguel81

sheeeet i should sell my ps4 and buy a 970.

Have you played Dark Souls yet? If you love it, then Bloodborne might be a game you won't want to miss out on. Unless what you said is in jest.

Eh, I don't know if I should purchase the Steam version of Condemned CO for 2 and change on GMG since I have a Gamefly copy of it. Then again, it's a Steam version so it will be on a proper list.

Shadownet

Banned
Have you played Dark Souls yet? If you love it, then Bloodborne might be a game you won't want to miss out on. Unless what you said is in jest.

I could always buy a PS4 again when Uncharted 4 come out. It's just collecting dust in my room right now.

OT: remember the gigantic Russian guy in Rocky? This guy.
The actor that portrayed him, Dolph Lundgren is probably smarter than most of us. Rumored to have an IQ of 160. The man got a Fulbright Scholarship to MIT.

I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.
with a complex chemistry problem.

Miguel81

I could always buy a PS4 again when Uncharted 4 come out. It's just collecting dust in my room right now.

OT: remember the gigantic Russian guy in Rocky? This guy.

The actor that portrayed him, Dolph Lundgren is probably smarter than most of us. Rumored to have an IQ of 160. The man got a Fulbright Scholarship to MIT.

I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.
with a complex chemistry problem.

Sly has the same IQ as Dolph. It takes brains to play convincing tough guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom